As in all businesses, once you launch something it is detrimental to recall it. Just like in the car manufacturering business, mass recall due to QA or whatever problem says a lot about the company and organisation. Good car manufacturers rarely have to do that.

There is definitely some OP issues with breeze and having it ensures almost 100% victory in 1 v1 situations and a high percentage in clashes is seriously wrong. On the other hand, to nerf it to the point of being a sorc / mage pet is also not right given the 120 planar fragments price tag. It's not an easy task to farm for an average player.

Lastly, even with the recent shield buff (thank you very much STG) our mages still face significant issues in balance. No doubt the fully geared mage can hold its ground in pvp, but the basic issue of a legendary warrior / rogue still having an almost certain victory over a similar legendary mage still persist. I care for the mage community in general so that is why even after the buffs at the top end of mage has happened I want to remind you that there are still flaws fundamental to the class itself. I agree that the mage skill nerf on crowd control in pvp is the reason this class is so underpowered.