Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop the power leveling hate threads!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Now that made me laugh. What am I doing wrong? I can solo the Shadow caves and get squished away in BS
    BS is fairly easy -- just pay attention with those grates bc it sucks to be the only Mage and get wiped by one.
    Helll, it sucks to be the only Mage and get wiped by anything in there -- man those are some long, dangerous walks to get back to the boss room.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again, you're taking the exceptions and lumping them in with the general PLing population. Most PLers aren't capable players, and do no good by zipping through to the end.
    Beefymeat - Lvl 55 DexBird
    Deiacev - Lvl 31 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

So... Perhaps the dev could have a function to identify newly signed accounts and how fast the get to 50 then how long they keep playing after they reach level 50. That would tell them if power leveling is an issue with loss of interest in new players and would certainly support rules to enforce restrictions on power leveling? Just a suggestion to the devs here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ewww i hate shadow caves! lmfao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As far as the devs go, it seems like a logical thing to force people to Lvl in the appropriate maps -- it means they make more money bc there are less people buying only the highest lvl map. So I don't see how this can hurt their business. If someone comes in and isn't even willing to buy the maps, do they really think that person is ever going to spend money on anything else in the game? So really, how would it hurt the devs to put minimum restrictions on xp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    As far as the devs go, it seems like a logical thing to force people to Lvl in the appropriate maps -- it means they make more money bc there are less people buying only the highest lvl map. So I don't see how this can hurt their business. If someone comes in and isn't even willing to buy the maps, do they really think that person is ever going to spend money on anything else in the game? So really, how would it hurt the devs to put minimum restrictions on xp?
    I have no idea. I think the lack of restrictions is hurting them. I was merely suggesting a way for them to verify this. Perhaps I phrased it wrong.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    But he is willing to learn. Tank is the hardest class to play with then the enchantress and the easiest is the archer. Powered leveled or not a bad player is the one that doesn't want to learn. Yes it is very bad to power level those but I just simply don't play with them unless I can hold my own on the level and boss.

BS is easy on every boss I have completed the levels with only 2 players (both mages) and unless you have 4 idiots playing you could run it without mayor problems. The shadow caves is another story and it defines who the good players are. Maybe its because I have lately played only with friends who I know are good players and haven't run pugs. But so farm the runs at BS have been easy.
    Well what we need is an example of people unwilling to learn, and not powerleveled. If someone is so absolutely unwilling to learn, and uninterested in becoming a good player, what would happen if they were unable to powerlevel..unable to rush to level 50? Theyd probably never make it there because they'd be unwilling to put in the time and the effort, because they just wouldn't care. And nobody would want to play with someone with that mindset.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I'm not gonna lie, I powerleveled an alt bear to 50 after I twinked with it for a while. I'm not the best with bears, but I've got another one in the oven going all natural. Learning forreal. Playing bear is so different after playing as an enchantress since April.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I didn't have to do anything new for BS, not new EQ and didn't even respec until later.

I think it's actually one of the easier areas, but if you're not paying attention, it can also be the most difficult area. It's not brawn that will defeat it; it's observation and some wetware.

When I first went there, I listened and then my groups tried what we knew and added onto it to make it better and easier and now, other than being able to survive the King's hits and killing the Goblin king's totem in time, it's a piece of cake. Some realities you just have to know: if you time the grates wrong, you can die. If you stand next to noxious stuff w/o the green shield, you will die. If you let the bosses keep healing, you will get bored :P Easy, right?

Star light, star bright...