Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solution to stop powerleveling

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Why worry about it? What business of it is yours how others level? They paid same money you did. Go play and have fun and stop trying to control how others play! Sheesh, if ever a thread needed to be locked.
    They aren't going to lock threads unless they're against the forum rules. My posts are rational and flame-free, they won't lock it just because you disagree with me.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyMeat View Post
    When they get me killed after spending 6K on a pot, it is my business that they have no idea how they need to be playing their role. MMO means what one person does effects others, so by not knowing what the hell you're supposed to be doing, it is a concern to others.
    That's your problem for spending money on a pot before observing how they play. Again, there's always lot's of games available and plenty of choices to play with whom and how you want. Also, they lock threads for reasons they see fit, especially when it's an unproductive, unreasonable, and unrealistic whine about you not liking something in the game or how others play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don't even understand why there IS so much powerleveling in this game. It's not the type of game that's most fun at the level cap. It's fun to play through all the maps at your appropriate level and explore them while they still offer you something. If you're going to skip over all the maps and go straight to ao3 to powerlevel, why even bother playing? It's not like there's some end-game cortent with leaderboards and achievements that can only be achieved by the strongest players. If you want to get on the PL leaderboards, you can do so at any lvl. So why skip over everything just to be at the cap? It's a very boring game then, and you missed out on 90% of the content.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    That's your problem for spending money on a pot before observing how they play. Again, there's always lot's of games available and plenty of choices to play with whom and how you want. Also, they lock threads for reasons they see fit, especially when it's an unproductive, unreasonable, and unrealistic whine about you not liking something in the game or how others play.
    So, when would you like me to spend the money...half way through when its a waste? Or the next run when it can be a different party? I'd love your input here.

Not to mention, how many times have you had a party creator get DCed and in comes a level 29 thats leeching. Can't do anything about him, but already spent on the pot and now he's sucking the life out of the group being somewhere he is useless.
    Last edited by BeefyMeat; 02-09-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Beefymeat - Lvl 55 DexBird
    Deiacev - Lvl 31 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyMeat View Post
    So, when would you like me to spend the money...half way through when its a waste? Or the next run when it can be a different party? I'd love your input here.

Not to mention, how many times have you had a party creator get DCed and in comes a level 29 thats leeching. Can't do anything about him, but already spent on the pot and now he's sucking the life out of the group being somewhere he is useless.
    Yes, I think you should wait to pot until you know who you are playing with! We all know about the hosting issue and I agree with you that something needs to be done to resolve this, good suggestion!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Again, you can't really wait to pot because your group will drop a good number of enemies before you can judge them. Then, if the run goes well, next run the party dynamic could change.

Basically, you either pot or you don't and taking time to think about it is counter productive.
    Beefymeat - Lvl 55 DexBird
    Deiacev - Lvl 31 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think this thread is made to gather suggestions to stop power-lvling or, at least, to make it less attractive. So, no need of unproductive arguments.

So, here it is: for me, the good thing about this game is the quests (all my chars completed them). It gives you a goal, somewhat more interesting IMO than reaching the next lvl. Of course, some quests are pretty boring to complete (tomes, more tomes...yeti...cyber...), but in the end, if you make those quests appealing, power-lvling will decrease and people will buy the whole content.

Then, how to make them attractive? IMO, the rewards are a bit too low. There should quests (before Frozen Nightmare) that reward you with a legendary item and by doing all of them, you get a lvl30 set (or whatever). Also, doing quests should give you a fair amount of XP (and not one or two points). After all, the search for XP is shared by everybody, otherwise there wouldn't be so many ppl (including me) farming CTK.

Those suggestions can very well go along with the proposition of fixing a lvl restriction to access the content.
    Onascaabatie - Bird, lvl50
    Papale - Mage, lvl50
    Ihatealiens - Warrior, lvl50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's less of the noobness of the baby players and more that a low level character could get an elite drop from a boss by just standing there. Luckily, Spacetime put in the ability to have a minimum level on a created dungeon, which will solve a lot of this issue for people who don't like PLing.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the new min level option, but it only stops low lvl leechers from joining certain hosted games. They can still join unhosted games and games where the host has left. It also doesnt stop intentional powerleveling, like the powerleveling services. People can still only buy the last map and reach the level cap. They just have to sign up for somebodys service.

Ona I agree with you about the quests. It'd be great if quests gave a decent amount of xp as reward, as it would encourage more people to do the quests. It'd be nice if they rewarded more gold too.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I think that with any game you are going to have people who are all about instant gratification. I mean, realistically, society tends to be all about instant gratification so you're going to see it spill over into a game. There are also going to be those people

I don't know if there really is a solution other than choosing who you run with, locking games and if your host dc's either invite someone else to take spot or deal with someone who is leeching and can't be booted taking the spot. Even if there are things put in place to stop PL'ing I almost feel like people will just find new even more interesting ways to try to PLVL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I've posted threads denouncing power-leveling in the game...from a... fundamental aspect and I'll stand by the argument.

That said, I'm willing to be deaaaad honest here. I've been pl'ling my third toon towards 50 so hard I swear my droid is going to burst into flames sometimes. To be realistic, it should be understood that although pocket legends has pioneered a unique combination of graphics, depth, mechanics, and fun available on a mobile platform, it inarguably lacks the depth that would entice a person to do the same things...over..and over...and over. Inhibiting power leveling isn't hard. I don't write code or anything but I'm sure switching around a few numbers could easily engineer the power-leveling aspect out of the game.

I'm not trying to say STS is being greedy or manipulating and extorting their customers, but it IS customers who made this game. Removing power-leveling removes a huge target audience which removes development, which removes content, which removes the need for a community to be formed to talk about it. I feel like I've paid my dues but then again I'm the only one I have to truly convince. Besides...my first 50 was a bear. ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't agree to limit the xp gain by map, if a player is REALLY good and being able to survive in a map that is supposed to be too difficult for him, he's worth the xp.

BUT, for those who just follow other level 50's to leech xp, i think this idea from Kujen is very good enough:

Quote Originally Posted by Kujen View Post
    Another solution is to make it where high level discrepencies diminish the xp gain for lower levels. So lower levels wouldn't want a lvl 50 doing all the work for them, because they'd get less xp than if they had a full group of similar levels.
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)