Thread: Enchantress Builds -- Help please??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Enchantress Builds -- Help please??

Hey everyone, so I'm relatively new to PL and Ive got a lvl 15 enchantress so far. I haven't put anything in skills yet and I was wondering what would be the best attribute build for soloing/grinding/farming?? Is the bowchantress any good still? Any suggestions are welcome!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Well int mage is the best damage dealer, and the most valuable type of enchantress in group play, and also the best for clearing maps fast. However, the paladin is better for soloing and farming. Bowchantress is just not very good any more since the rebalance.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey! My bowchantress is awesome! D:
    Riceyy: Level 41 Ursan
    Ricemagick: Level 32 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok so would it be wise to go paladin if I'm soloing? I can solo dungeons relatively easy ATM if I kite..so I was just wondering If I even need to change anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imthehealer View Post
    Ok so would it be wise to go paladin if I'm soloing? I can solo dungeons relatively easy ATM if I kite..so I was just wondering If I even need to change anything.
    Soloing with an Int mage is possible, but some of the high level bosses will require pots, and even then a couple would be incredibly hard to solo with an Int mage. A paladin kills slower, but can take a lot more punishment. It's really up to you, but I wouldn't really switch to pally unless you really want to or at least until you start feeling like your mage is too vulnerable.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I mean right now its starting to get a little iffy with health..but I really don't wanna sacrafice damage...I can wipe out packs of mobs in a few seconds...so should I stay pure int?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I would stay pure int as long as you are happy with dying a bunch....u end up doing amazing dmg espicially with cosmos set (keeper staff).
    56 Majormajic - 55 Majortank - 5 Majorfive
    Pocket Legend Inc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya I think I'm satisfied with pure int. I just went to test my damage in quick dungeon and wit my upgraded skills I just got...I wiped a pack of like 8 in 6 seconds, give or take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im 49 int mage myself. I found int to work pretty great. Basically when you get all your skills the class and how you get through dungeons goes like:

Approach enemies. Auto attack. Weakness/nightmare debuff. Lightning frost and fire ae all in a row. The frost/fire spells do a combo that does big damage and pushes stuff back. Then you lightning whatever is left and heal.

When you get magic shield you can use this which will soak up all damage while its on so if u know your gonna get swamped or there's a hard enemy you just use that while you are spamming your damage spells.

I also found that using a strong wand and magic eye shield to help immensly with staying alive. It gives you way more defense and stats plus still does alot of damage. Helped me alot from 30-49. Oh and spend 3000 every once and awhile on health and mana pots. Having hundreds of those to spam when needed really helps.

Just my two cents since I just started playing recently as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, by my experience over this game, wont refer in builds on something, just keep this in mind: SKILLS build is WAY more important than stats build. just focus on having good combos rather than figuring out where to put your attribute points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mostly solo with my main, a pure int mage. It's a blast...but you are SQUISHY. I wouldn't trade it for the world, though. I am broke most of the time, but I think that's just me.

Focus on Breath of Might (max level) and AoE damage spells if nothing else. Debuffs, heal and Breath of Life later, and there's a whole thread around here about Drain Life. I bet the pally lives longer solo...but you'll fall asleep doing Plasma Pyramid later.

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    It's really up to you, but I wouldn't really switch to pally unless you really want to or at least until you start feeling like your mage is too vulnerable.
    Vulnerable is what makes it fun! Nothing like the humiliation that comes with being the first one in the dirt during every boss fight.

Prepare yourself for lots of deaths.
    Last edited by Tsarra; 02-10-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I solo with my pure int mage as well. Great for farming, not bad for XP grinding, not so much fun working a map a few levels above, which I'm finding out in AO3, Shadow Caves, and the sewers. I end up having to go much slower because if I try to take on too many enemies at once, I'm dead. Soloing the sewers is death right now, both literally for my mage and figuratively for my amusement. And forget soloing any of the sewer bosses with a level 50 pure mage... I'm going to have to buck myself up and face my insecurities of working in a group if I want to get anywhere in that campaign. Int mages are loads of fun to play while farming or grinding, but you'll need a group to help handle the later quests because pure mages are such delicate flowers.

Also, yeah I don't have any money either. It all goes towards purchasing the best gear and pots for tougher maps and bosses.