Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mythic armor upgrade? or trash with new lvl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrazzySerb View Post
    Sure it is,try it out from the start. And pretend that mythic set was more than 2,5M.
    Any imbued gear alone worth more, but these are not upgradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    This is a good idea, but it will devalue para gems, your para gemmed item will worth like clean item suddenly. Will devalue other gems as well, like elon shard, tarlok, eye. Who need them when there will be tons of paras.
    Thats why you can only have 1 and make the quest 1 time only..Mythics/arcanes have 3 sockets so total of 15 so how will a paracelsus item be devalued or be same as a clean item when you have other items to socket the gem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hanschey View Post
    Thats why you can only have 1 and make the quest 1 time only..Mythics/arcanes have 3 sockets so total of 15 so how will a paracelsus item be devalued or be same as a clean item when you have other items to socket the gem.
    If 5000+ people wil do it that one gem are many gems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Mythic sets gonna lose value anyway. The mythic sets will be junk next cap and people will avoid buying them more as they are non tradable after upgrade.
    "Don't buy mythic sets, wait for next cap"- thats a common sense now a days.
    If upgraded mythic sets are gonna get dust in inventory, They will keep losing value anyway.

If upgraded myth sets are turned out to be some useful thing, then people will keep buying non upgraded myth sets and it will hold it's price for maybe longer.
    Some useful thing which is non tradable and unique. Maybe vanity.

Ill quote my idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post

Another idea for vanity:
    The vendor will have like 5 unique appearances for each class.
    we have to submit our upgraded mythic sets and collect some fun ingredients from random maps to finally receive a unique appearance.
    we can choose one of the 5 appearances. I remember pocket legends used to have something like this.
    the 5 unique appearances can be complete different face, hair with unique dresses which stg can held a contest to get ideas from.
    What you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Para gems are finally running out and you want to bring more for trading mythic set? There would be way too many full para gem equip around.

It was originally posted to only upgrade once and not be tradeable. No point to making it tradeable now.

These topics are almost as bad as the return original arlor vanity ones. There is no good reason to do either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Para gems are finally running out and you want to bring more for trading mythic set? There would be way too many full para gem equip around.

It was originally posted to only upgrade once and not be tradeable. No point to making it tradeable now.

These topics are almost as bad as the return original arlor vanity ones. There is no good reason to do either.
    Whre it was posted it was only once upgradable?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Atleast think for people like us who don't pop 1000 locks in one day, 1-2m for you rich people are nothing and this mythic set was only one thing which was fair for the normal players and could get it. Finally some good thing we could afford and your saying we can forget and let it rust in our inventory's. I would say keep it going and cap it to lvl 41

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Mythic sets will become trash, new players will quit, the rich will get richer, poor get poorer. Buy plat or quit, or pop kraag cannons all day. 3 options where this game is headed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

There should be a way to upgrade them but not by quiest...
    Add special mythic rarity recipi item in lockeds u need it for upgrade new mythic armor set ...
    And in recipi u need two dragon bars and two planer ingots and 25 essences depend on the class blood for tanks fire for rouges glacial for mages and 2 vials ...
    For upgrading them...
    It will increase the oppning locks and running currenr maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Whre it was posted it was only once upgradable?
    here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1028787

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I didn't find a dev saying they will be only once upgradable and nomore. Can you specify what page?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I like dex scenes idea of using to gain an unique vanity. At least then its some use but not upgraded or tradeable either.

Or I was thinking if they release new mythic armor in future which im sure they will. Then perhaps the new mythic will have to be crafted. We could use the old mythics as one of crafting ingredients.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Veluthe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I didn't find a dev saying they will be only once upgradable and nomore. Can you specify what page?
    I linked the exact comment, the possible upgrade was planned in the expansion after nordr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Simple solution make the 41 mythic armours needed to combine with a new mythic armour or component that drops from locks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I dont know why you guys so afraid that there will be 5000+ sellers, this post already explains what might happen based on 4 possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Make it downgradable to level 31 or make it tradable itself.

Then just let the market flood with 5000+ mythic armor and helm. So it will be cheap and the ordinary players can finally equip mythic rarity helmet and armor.
    It doesn't matter if it would be sold for 500 gold, the rich owners doesn't care (they preffer the make it collect dust in the stash and go for level 46 mythic). Unless Level36 PVP becomes popular again. With the downgrade system of those old mythics, I bet its a close posibility. But for as long as the upgraded mythic is not tradable, it will eventually become a collectors item in the stash. A bulk of data on the server which is stagnant and thats not productive.

So the choices:
    1. Make it tradable. The market will be flooded with 5000+ sellers of upgraded mythics. Which will gain another marketing revenues:
      • Level36 twinking- with the prices so low, this is inevitable. And as that bracket popularity rise so as those upgraded mythic's price eventually. Remember why the twinking became popular? Its because not everyone can afford the endgame items but still wants to experience AL PVP. Before those twinking gears were so cheap that a 100k is already a top geared, now it becomes expensive and still rising. This can happen to upgraded mythics too.
      • Chance for the mercher to hoard and wait for what the future brings. When time comes the STS makes the old mythics discontinued, this will become very expensive (the cap will be level 76+ when that happen tho).
    2. Make it downgradable to level31. The market will be flooded with 5000+ sellers of downgraded mythics. Now ordinary farmers will be able to farm for gold to buy it and have the "Hero of the Legend" achievment. And also will open up those possible new profits I said above.
    3. Let it as it is. No change will happen. No economic tantrum no possible profits. Once a player got the achievement and got the new level46 legendaries (I know they will be better than a level 36 mythic) or got the new level46 mythics they will only have three choices :
      • Those items will collect dust in inventory or stash. This will only be a bulk of data on STS server which has no revenues or anything and its a bad sign. Because a former best becomes dust with no chance to profit and in a game, it means that the game is ending its lifespan.
      • Make a level 36 twink. A wise choice, but it wouldn't be as popular as when the upgraded mythics becomes tradable/downgradable.
      • Liquidate. I included it for the sake of arguement.
    4. Becomes an ingredient of a certain item. A move that will save the upgraded mythic's value.

*Heck, there where a big big flood of tarlok legendaries back from the tarlok winter event, and a lots of forumers where complaining because you can't sell it for highier price (500 golds if your lucky). An yet, look at those tarlok amulets/helm/armor today specially on lower level twink brackets. They are steadily rising in price or holding its own price tag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its time to forget about the mythics and start new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syrena View Post
    Its time to forget about the mythics and start new
    We get better stuffs and we move on. But we don't liquidate old stuffs do. Do we? We sell them.
    Lots of people are against of making it tradable so we might get a chance to get some unique vanities/ appearances with them.
    I hope you agree or not, stg does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I havent played where there was an expansion, so idk if the xp needed to reach 36 (before there was 40-41) was huge like the xp needed to reach 41, and lowered when 40-41 is released.

If it isnt, then 41-46 will need 25k+ xp each lvl to lvl up. And the "best" armor (i said best according to price:stat ratio, as imbued is very expensive with not much stat increase) at 41 now for dmg is upgraded mythic, so ppl will use mythic to grind their way to 46. And by making it tradeable, ppl who dont have it (there is a lot) will buy upgraded mythics if they r too lazy to upgrade the non-upgraded ones so price wont go very low if its tradeable.

This is just my theory tho, idk wat will really happen, as it depends on what other items will be released on 46, maybe arcane armors? XD maybe im wrong, as i never use mythic myself lol

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

We get better stuffs and we move on. But we don't liquidate old stuffs do. Do we? We sell them.
    Lots of people are against of making it tradable so we might get a chance to get some unique vanities/ appearances with them.
    I hope you agree or not, stg does.
    Consider them like pets. U cant sell them back once u open them and they get outdated as time passes by as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I've heard the vanity idea before and that may work but I doubt they will ever be tradeable. The main reason being the title and achievement.

Technically you don't have to do the mythic upgrade quest to get title and achievement. All you need to do is hold (not equip) a full 36 set (class doesn't matter) and you get it.

If they were tradeable buying any full set would give the title and achievement so no one would ever have to do it again. It's just like now when you have a full 36 set and stash it. Any Alts that remove it from stash get the achievement right away.

I can see the vanity happening but not it being able to be sold. It was originally posted to be upgraded only once and the set wouldn't be tradeable. It shouldn't come as a surprise if it remains that way.