Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
It's not the phone... I think it is a condition that was passed on but remained hidden until now. The reason why people have the myth going about electronic displays damaging your eyes is because screens used to have a really low refresh rate which did in fact damage your eyes... But... The new screen technology refreshes at a faster rate then our own eyes so you don't have to worry about a screen damaging your eyes.
But in my situation, I don't think it's so much what's on the screen, as that I'm staring at a small thing right in front of me for hours a day. So my eyes are getting used to looking at only things right in front of my eyes. In fact, my iPhone right now is pretty much the only thing I could look at right now without seeing double -- which continues the cycle, bc it's uncomfortable for me to look at other screens, etc, that are farther from my face. So I keep doing it. Oh and my glasses make everything worse, so if I'm looking at something close up like my phone, book, or writing something, I take my glasses off. But can't do that for anything else, bc it'd be too blurry. I thought that was bc my glasses were designed for the way my eyes used to be positioned, and now they're not fitted properly for this condition.

That was my theory, anyway. Was surprised the doc didn't agree.