Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nekro Changes Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Lol u got me wrong again. It's just an example. No need get excited that much mate. It's just a suggestion of having a reduction benefit as better shielding. Nobody wants a 2 hit broken shield from elite mobs/boss. Do you?
    The shield in the current form already has a damage reduction calculation in play. Actually, it's the exact same one that the mage shield uses. However, the potential max damage taken is drastically reduced. I believe it's around 1.6k-1.7k reduced damage at L41? So, the way the Nekro shield works is that a hit will hit you, the 20% damage reduction goes into play. If reducing the damage 20% takes the damage so low that armor will cancel out the damage, you get hit for 0. Otherwise, the hit (now 20% reduced will hit you). This applies until the shield's potential max damage taken is met at which point the shield breaks.

What you're asking is for this function but for a guaranteed 7-8 seconds of it thereby removing the potential max damage taken variable in the above formula. Along with the slowing down opposing enemies, speeding up allies, and terrifying enemies, this would make the pet way too overpowered. It would basically be a secondary sorcerer shield with a guaranteed 7-8 second duration (even sorcerer shield has a potential max damage taken formula).

The sorcerer max damage taken formula is: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3.5)
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-21-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The shield in the current form already has a damage reduction calculation in play. Actually, it's the exact same one that the mage shield uses. However, the potential max damage taken is drastically reduced. I believe it's around 1.6k-1.7k reduced damage at L41? So, the way the Nekro shield works is that a hit will hit you, the 20% damage reduction goes into play. If reducing the damage 20% takes the damage so low that armor will cancel out the damage, you get hit for 0. Otherwise, the hit (now 20% reduced will hit you). This applies until the shield's max damage is met at which point the shield breaks.

What you're asking is for this function but for a guaranteed 7-8 seconds of it thereby removing the potential max damage taken variable in the above formula. Along with the slowing down opposing enemies, speeding up allies, and terrifying enemies, this would make the pet way too overpowered. It would basically be a secondary sorcerer shield with a guaranteed 7-8 second duration (even sorcerer shield has a potential max damage taken formula).

The sorcerer max damage taken formula is: (((2*strength)+intelligence)*3.5)
    What I'm trying to say is from pve perspective not from pvp. I don't think there will be any problem if 20 perc damage reduction exists for pve only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What I'm trying to say is from pve perspective not from pvp. I don't think there will be any problem if 20 perc damage reduction exists for pve only.
    7-8 seconds guaranteed damage reduction -> larger pulls -> easier pure records (or even enhanced w/ ankh respawn for AA)

You'd make the pet a requirement for any remotely difficult maps. I'd love this as a Nekro user but I am sure the rest of the game who cannot afford Nekro would not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Good question, in this case based on the way we currently handle such things the negative aspect would trump the positive and both parties would be reduced in speed.
    Is it possible for this system to be fixed? At the current state, it renders almost all buff pets like Glacian, and now Nekro, a lot less useful. Not to mention, armor passive is almost useless in PvP because everyone is getting hit by Debuffs like rogue aim and warrior axe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

7-8 seconds guaranteed damage reduction -> larger pulls -> easier pure records (or even enhanced w/ ankh respawn for AA)

You'd make the pet a requirement for any remotely difficult maps. I'd love this as a Nekro user but I am sure the rest of the game who cannot afford Nekro would not.
    Those who can't can simply use reduction elixir. Elixir n potions solves most issues for pve anyways. If nekro gets pve damage reduction it will help owner farmers save few gold for elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default good idea

Im agree about put the stun passive on it and new stat of 15%dmg 10%crit 30primary stats 12all stats......its a good idea.......now i have a question....... wth about to keep close nekro from his own user........sometimes nekro get stuck on the map all loose all the action (guildwar specially) sometimes i get so far away from my nekro and i cant get the shield of dragon scale it would be good idea to put his AA LITTLE more AOE distance or maybe put him little more closing on user u guys decide witchs its better choice. im all ears
    Last edited by leonardtbbt; 01-21-2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Those who can't can simply use reduction elixir. Elixir n potions solves most issues for pve anyways. If nekro gets pve damage reduction it will help owner farmers save few gold for elixirs.
    Elixirs are not allowed in pure runs.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Elixirs are not allowed in pure runs.
    True, but I mean when it comes to elite farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

True, but I mean when it comes to elite farming.
    They'd have a devise a system to allow it strictly for elite farming then?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Btw everything its gotten change....stats passives....colddown.... but stilll gonna have the weak 40% chance to terrify?
    A little 10% more on terrify % would by nice.... like 50% chance to terrify i mean gonna by 50/50 with the terrify effect.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

They'd have a devise a system to allow it strictly for elite farming then?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Those who r pro elite farmers knows this well. Take an example of maarkus. He will definetly agree to the point of having a damage reduction on a pet just for pve purpose. We all know that elite maps r quite tough now and not like the ones of old seasons. We can take an example of another pet as brothers whim. I don't think we need speed elixir if whim is used for runs or farms.
    Benefit: pet owners don't need to bother about buying elixir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wooohoo?!!! Hope this would be all worth it my effort crafting this egg selling nekro 2 days before finished from being crafted hahaha !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The buffing is getting out of hand.

Nekro was never an offensive-focused pet so increasing damage to 15% or critical to 12% is over the top. It is completely irrelevant how much people paid for it due to the broken Vial drop rate when the pet first came out. The problem lies in:
    A)Nekro trying to do everything and failing at it. You can't have damage, crit, banish, panic and shielding and expect it to excel in all.
    B)The shield's damage reduction concept not being very impressive in a game dominated by damage and back-to-back stun combos.

Suggestion:
    Keep the stats the same but add a 65% chance of a one second invulnerability shield on AA.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Nekro Changes Discussion

Lmao all i can do in forums nowadays is laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akatsuuki:2018139
    Wooohoo?!!! Hope this would be all worth it my effort crafting this egg selling nekro 2 days before finished from being crafted hahaha !!
    Hard to say since fossil drop rate increase is scheduled for today in the arena chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The buffing is getting out of hand.

Nekro was never an offensive-focused pet so increasing damage to 15% or critical to 12% is over the top. It is completely irrelevant how much people paid for it due to the broken Vial drop rate when the pet first came out. The problem lies in:
    A)Nekro trying to do everything and failing at it. You can't have damage, crit, banish, panic and shielding and expect it to excel in all.
    B)The shield's damage reduction concept not being very impressive in a game dominated by damage and back-to-back stun combos.

Suggestion:
    Keep the stats the same but add a 65% chance of a one second invulnerability shield on AA.
    No thanks, this pet is absolute trash, we need a pet available thats available to everyone that has simular stats to sns sp we can compete with that pet, I wouldn't have minded if it was nekro or the new pet but this new pet is a buff pet so giving ot 15 damage and crit whrn it gives crit would be abit pointless, so it has to be nekro to have it, everyone can save ajd work tpwrds buying nekro, if theres no pet with 15 damage and 10 crit or more, people with sns will contiue to have a 40 damage advantage no matter what gear anyone buys which is totally unfair.

Yea this pet was made to be defensive but its not scorch needs some hit power too its arcane not mythic, asphynab <3.

If we can have banish crit and damage then why can sns Have multiple functions? Banish crit damage pools .mana rega hp regan, we need a pet that matches the happiness bonus of sns. Im not cool with having a pet outthere nobody can obtain with a happiness bonus no other pet gives.

Everything carapace has done pve wise is in line with shady and surge 15 damage not sure I read about crit but that would be great. The banish is as low as anything btw, pvp wise I do not kmow what theese changes will be like.
    Last edited by lethaljade; 01-22-2015 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    No thanks, this pet is absolute trash, we need a pet available thats available to everyone that has simular stats to sns sp we can compete with that pet, I wouldn't have minded if it was nekro or the new pet but this new pet is a buff pet so giving ot 15 damage and crit whrn it gives crit would be abit pointless, so it has to be nekro to have it, everyone can save ajd work tpwrds buying nekro, if theres no pet with 15 damage and 10 crit or more, people with sns will contiue to have a 40 damage advantage no matter what gear anyone buys which is totally unfair.

Yea this pet was made to be defensive but its not scorch needs some hit power too its arcane not mythic, asphynab <3.

If we can have banish crit and damage then why can sns Have multiple functions? Banish crit damage pools .mana rega hp regan, we need a pet that matches the happiness bonus of sns. Im not cool with having a pet outthere nobody can obtain with a happiness bonus no other pet gives.

Everything carapace has done pve wise is in line with shady and surge 15 damage not sure I read about crit but that would be great. The banish is as low as anything btw, pvp wise I do not kmow what theese changes will be like.
    Hmm I see where you're coming from. Guess 15% damage wouldn't be that catastophic but it just seems too great of a buff when you put everything together. I think most of the complaints are based on SnS' pools not designed with possible stacking in mind. Perhaps the only way to bridge the gap is with such a great buff.
    Last edited by Madnex; 01-22-2015 at 06:33 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I like the idea of creating a counter pet to Sns or a semi-counter. There may be a problem because in many of the fights/clashes I get into, alongside an Sns user is a Samael user. Samael has a chance to reduce speed by 30%. The 30% speed increase of Nekro's AA will most likely be non-existent and the Samael speed decrease will win making the user 70% speed regardless of AA or not (depending on what the speed reduction chance of Samael is). If we were able to somehow adjust the debuff system and/or make the 30% speedup of Nekro override this, I'd love to see the Sns pools / environmental resistance/immunity applied to Maridos instead. That way there would be more than just way to "counter" Sns given that the AA on Maridos does not seem to pleasing right now based on the information I pointed out in the Sneak Peak thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Since the new arcane pet only gives 12% dmg, it's time to buff nekro' dmg bonus to 15% in pair with Sns. Nonetheless fossil has significantly lower drop rate than arcane pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

buff all arcane pets then ... why so exclusive?