Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mages got TROLLED big time

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm confused...you say it's not a nerf thread but you ask to nerf Nekro (even if you did say you prefer the later).

Nekro shield is better in what sense? Stun immunity? Mage shield still absorbs considerably more - it's just that this shield grants stun immunity as long as it's in play. All STG needs to do is grant that aspect to sorcerer shield as well. The pet should stay as it is because as of right now, it's a very nice alternative to SnS.

I also know at least 4 people that opened Nekro due to this well deserved buff.

Grant sorcerers the same stun immunity that Nekro shield has? Yes, I've been saying this all along. Nerf Nekro? No. It's only pet that matches with SnS.
    Lmfao looks like that person got owned lool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Lmfao looks like that person got owned lool
    Why do you care? They are having a discussion and nobody here is getting "owned". We are all disagreeing , agreeing, and not sure. "Lmfao", seems like you aren't contributing as much either. Lets keep this thread constructive k? "lool"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I think mages do need more attention. There are pets which are much more specialized than mages. Need to freeze something, use Breeze. Need a shield, use Nekro (Scorch is a joke as we all know). Do you need a heal and mana pet? Then use jack, or pots. What about stuns, use Kelvin. Why do we need a mage stunlock when we use Kelvin and rouges can crit. If you do not agree, tell me something a mage can do that a pet can't do (No human-like characteristics). Thank you for hearing out my opinion.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Look at it this way. Rogues have razor shield and warriors got jugg for stun immunity. Mages don't have anything. A rogue using a bow effectively can stunlock a tank or mage and kill them before they get a chance to use their skills. This is how mages are supposed to work and while they can often stunlock and kill a rogue, they are left at the mercy of razor shiield. If a rogue enters the fight with a mage having charged razor shield, the mage will be hard pressed to win. However, if a mage xharges shield, he still unlikely to beat a rogue 1 on 1.

Tanks vs mages is another matter. A mage who can regularly beat tanks is very rare and jugg provides immunity to mages main offensive weapon, stunlock. The only mage I've seen stunlock and kill a tank is conradev and even he was st the mercy of jugg. Rogues on the other hand can stunlock, and with a few lucky crits, kill a tank before they get a chance to heal.

On other note, the purpose of this thread is to point out and question why sts is giving buffing a pet which not even 1% of the playing population own over buffing a class which constitutes a minimum of 15-20% of the playing population.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Mages just need some buffs on their shield
    No need to nerf nekro lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

zeus : just wonder i know you have many arcane pets, worth opening neckro if you already on SNS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    zeus : just wonder i know you have many arcane pets, worth opening neckro if you already on SNS?
    I open all the arcane pets because I collect them. There are sometimes I prefer SnS (crowded corners/corridors) and other times I prefer Nekro (open spaces).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I open all the arcane pets because I collect them. There are sometimes I prefer SnS (crowded corners/corridors) and other times I prefer Nekro (open spaces).
    Is Maridos even worth getting? Or are SnS and Nekro just the absolute best pets?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Is Maridos even worth getting? Or are SnS and Nekro just the absolute best pets?
    i have Maridos, it is good after 40 (multiple enemies strike).. PVP i dont think he is that good haven't try myself.

@ Zeus thanks for the explanation. PVP wise which one is better i know CTF have narrow corridors so is SNS
    Last edited by will0; 02-01-2015 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    For a collector like me, yes. Maridos holds his value in PvE and does decent in PvP but Nekro does better in PvP and a little worse in PvE (if that makes sense).

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

For a collector like me, yes. Maridos holds his value in PvE and does decent in PvP but Nekro does better in PvP and a little worse in PvE (if that makes sense).
    Ya, of course. I guess I'm just asking the wrong people, because I know you specialize in rogues, and I should probably ask a sorcerer for PvE sorcerer perspective. I feel like I'll probably never end up PvPing considering that a mage has to have the best of the best of everything to rule in PvP. I'm leaning towards Maridos rather than Samael or Singe, considering I'll never afford Nekro and SnS is no longer available. Thanks for your perspective as well, Gramma Everything positive gets me more anxious to snatch a Maridos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

If you play your mage right, you can definitely take down a rogue and even a tank of equal gear with the right build. It's just the hardest class to play without any easily notable advantages but good invulnerability control is plain golden. Of course they're built to be more clash-favored due to the nature of their skills but in many occasions they're really effective if played correctly.

Maridos in PvP is strongly mage-warrior favored too since it provides the 15% armor debuff on your opponents through the AA that was previously available at 100% chance only to rogues. Plus rogues get no damage buff out of it, an issue that's not even recognized yet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    If you play your mage right, you can definitely tau ke down a rogue and even a tank of equal gear with the right build. It's just the hardest class to play without any easily notable advantages but good invulnerability control is plain golden. Of course they're built to be more clash-favored due to the nature of their skills but in many occasions they're really effective if played correctly.

Maridos in PvP is strongly mage-warrior favored too since it provides the 15% armor debuff on your opponents through the AA that was previously available at 100% chance only to rogues. Plus rogues get no damage buff out of it, an issue that's not even recognized yet.
    The point here is the mage has to be decked out in almost best in slot gears and gems to compete.

At mid level, it is really just food for the taking. Legendary warriors and rogues can easily kill a mythic mage. I've only ever played mage full time in AL. From my extended experience and time spent in this area, I dare to say this confidently.

Class balance is key. I agree warriors could do with a little more help and changes in the pve aspect to make them more competitive in the event leaderboard challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Not using the right setup then. I've been playing mage far longer than rogue and with the right build you can definitely pwn both of the other classes if you pay close attention. Is the rogue charging aim? Start with shield. Is she sturning first? Fireball's range is larger, stun her first. Is she using razor? Either surprise stun before she can charge it or waste it by faking a rush then retreating to distance and releasing shield at the right time - throw a lighting and wait for the blades to go away then stun combo away. Is the warrior using jugg right off? Wait it out, use only charged light then stun. Jugg on low HP? Avoid damage over time, charge light again. Is he using Axe right off? Shield up, wait for the X to go away, stun. Use a stun pet to attempt stunlock with 3
    atk skills, swap ice to heal if it doesn't work and wear his MP out.

There are strategies and counters for almost everything in endgame. Now previous to that, yes, mages don't have enough points to unlock their spread-out, full potential.

Of course it takes more skill than spamming buttons and charging your heal in time which is what the other two classes mostly do (which is easy and often enough to defeat other inexperienced players of usually lower tier gear).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If you play your mage right, you can definitely take down a rogue and even a tank of equal gear with the right build. It's just the hardest class to play without any easily notable advantages but good invulnerability control is plain golden. Of course they're built to be more clash-favored due to the nature of their skills but in many occasions they're really effective if played correctly.

20% armor debuff for Maridos which tops the 15% armor debuff of AS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Not using the right setup then. I've been playing mage far longer than rogue and with the right build you can definitely pwn both of the other classes if you pay close attention. Is the rogue charging aim? Start with shield. Is she sturning first? Fireball's range is larger, stun her first. Is she using razor? Either surprise stun before she can charge it or waste it by faking a rush then retreating to distance and releasing shield at the right time - throw a lighting and wait for the blades to go away then stun combo away. Is the warrior using jugg right off? Wait it out, use only charged light then stun. Jugg on low HP? Avoid damage over time, charge light again. Is he using Axe right off? Shield up, wait for the X to go away, stun. Use a stun pet to attempt stunlock with 3
    atk skills, swap ice to heal if it doesn't work and wear his MP out.

There are strategies and counters for almost everything in endgame. Now previous to that, yes, mages don't have enough points to unlock their spread-out, full potential.

Of course it takes more skill than spamming buttons and charging your heal in time which is what the other two classes mostly do (which is easy and often enough to defeat other inexperienced players of usually lower tier gear).
    if you think mage is so powerful why do you play rouge now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    He is entitled to his own opinion. Well, the larger majority feel otherwise. After calling the sky brown when it might actually be blue (?), shows what a great mind that is. Just saying, my opinion.

It's debatable that the sky could not be blue, but definitely not brown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I know I've said this in several threads before but I'll add my idea for mage buff. Armor boost will not help the cause. An extra 300 armor will do very little to stop a combo so, as someone else said in this thread, focus on the shield. Fireball is great and Lightning crit is very powerful. Gale is cool, maybe buff heal a little. With shield, I think that the invulnerability upgrade should be increased to 3 seconds over 2. I also think the knockback upgrade should be replaced with 5 second stun/movement impairment immunity. It may not sound like a huge buff, but I think it could make a massive difference for mages. It's also good because it applies to a skill that really all mages use/need already in PVP whereas rogues generally need to switch out one of their skills in order to use razor so one less attack skill. Just my opinion.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    Currently playing both mage and rogue, endgame. Just focusing on rogue this season. Not saying mage is super powerful or anything; my post was aiming to show that at least in L41, mages may need more skill and experience to handle but they're not as lacking and underpowered as everyone makes them seem with the constant "buff mage" comments. That being said, it still seems purposeless to me to keep complaining now, with the skill system revamp approaching (which is definitely a top-class opportunity for the devs to adjust anything concerning class balance in the game).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

20% armor debuff for Maridos which tops the 15% armor debuff of AS.
    Was it buffed to 20% armor reduction? All the documentation I see says 15% armor reduction.