Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

lol this sucks xD, I dont know what to do because I have a lot of gems in my character: fires, paracelsus, shard, tarlok, curse and eyes. I don't like those gems because 15 armor per 15 slots is same to +225 armor . I prefer grand fire gems or paracelsus gem. And wtf STS? XD what is it the evolution of the gems? How many classes of gems will there in the next 2 years? 25 classes? o.O - HMM Al dictionary of gems WOW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Maridos reduces armor by 20%, Cara. Most mythic level pets reduce armor by 15% so perhaps change it to a different variable for warrior? Perhaps chance to reduce speed?
    Description on Maridos says 15% armor reduction. Reducing speed probably wouldn't help too much. Not sure what would be helpful to replace reduce armor. I don't think speed would be too helpful. Still thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    lol this sucks xD, I dont know what to do because I have a lot of gems in my character: fires, paracelsus, shard, tarlok, curse and eyes. I don't like those gems because 15 armor per 15 slots is same to +225 armor . I prefer grand fire gems or paracelsus gem. And wtf STS? XD what is it the evolution of the gems? How many classes of gems will there in the next 2 years? 25 classes? o.O - HMM Al dictionary of gems WOW
    Think about it differently. The new gems only add more options. Using them is not compulsory. The introduction of new gems introduces an exciting new element to the game. Instead of players of the same class being copies of one another, there are now innumerable combinations of gems and armor types. I can't wait to see what specialized builds I can cook up.

The increased complexity seems to be causing you severe distress. I am here to reassure you... You have the freedom to use normal gems on all of your gear so you aren't too overwhelmed. It will be ok.
    Last edited by Blissfulgod; 02-03-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Spelling ;]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blissfulgod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Description on Maridos says 15% armor reduction. Reducing speed probably wouldn't help too much. Not sure what would be helpful to replace reduce armor. I don't think speed would be too helpful. Still thinking.
    Oh, I thought Cara was referring to the passive. My bad!

What about chance to increase crit?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

that can potentially add more armor to the twinks than ever seen before! At endgame it'll be barely noticable
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Oh, I thought Cara was referring to the passive. My bad!

What about chance to increase crit?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    I know Carapace wants to make it a debuff gem but can't think of anything useful for warrior that hasn't been used. I can think of plenty of buff proc's on the other hand. Crit would be one of them, yes. DR reduction, speed, crit, dmg increase, strength buff, stun/debuff removal, hp regen. All those would be decent candidates if it were a buff. And if it were not a buff/debuff gem, maybe it'd be nice to have a vortex pull to the warrior as the proc instead. Warriors trying to aggro in pve and in pvp, warriors trying to pull opponents to them to absorb dmg for the team anyways.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Cara. I know u guys propose something to be good and last long. But about this NEW GEM will completely destroy twink zones. There's already too much armour to handle. If u don't mind then u guys can test yourself about the highest amount of armour one can get at level 10/11/12. As far as I remember 1k armour us d to be op at level 21 but now those 1k armour is coming down to level 12/13. Isn't that a BIT TOO MUCH stat?
    From ur proposed gem one can get 120 armour just from gems. So basically a warrior low level will have:
    A shield weapon with massive armor
    Helm and armor with intensive armor within themselves
    Ring like winter or goblin with massive armor boost
    Amulet with better stat and armor
    Pets like abbadon, little bear, maridos, frist.... With massive armor and stat boost again.
    So basically for warriors there r armors everywhere. And then comes the new gem with more armour.
    This is going out of controlllllllllll.
    Is this based on the initial post, or the revised post? The amount of armor accrued at a lower level would be pretty low given the potential rarity of the gem and amount of them required to have an effect. At level 13 it would add 8 or 12 armor per gem, a pretty minuscule amount of damage reduction comparatively. 15 of these in a worst case would be 120 - 180 armor on a fully geared legendary+ player would be about 8-12% reduction. Less than a single piece of gear, but that's a lot of primary stat to relinquish.

As mentioned above the hope is that this provides additional choices for players, and not a "must have" go to for every slot in their gear.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    how about a fun debuff like draining mana...

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #89
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    This would be interesting, but PvP only
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    yes, maybe too short overall, but could help counter para gems on budget and open another defense tactic against rogues especially. something worthy to toy around with imho.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

the idea of 3.5% chance to reduce armor 8%, combined with 5% Mana damage for Warriors could be something
    | | | |

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Rogues are already drained on mana as it is, we run out the fastest. The 5% mana drain could be killer in pvp...literally especially if you are facing multiple warriors with the gem. I am not a fan of a mana drain I'd rather loss hp and have a chance to recover with packs in pvp. There is no way to counter the mana.

So I propose a 5% health drain, this could be used in pve and pvp.
    Last edited by Raregem; 02-02-2015 at 07:14 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Just make it a full out defensive gem add a little dodge too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

5% hp drain on a 4k hp rogue would mean 200 hp. nothing. 5% mana drain on proc would mean around one aimed shot less, which could help to survive the opposing party a lot. that s hardly comparable in effect. lets not forget rogues have very high dmg skills with low cd, that s the main reason for their mana thirst. a mana drain proc could help balance the dmg output a bit. just food for thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

slow down on Maridos does nothing nor effective , it should have 10-15% stun as suggested earlier (works against any class). Drain mana is only effective for rogue not against warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

5% hp drain on a 4k hp rogue would mean 200 hp. nothing. 5% mana drain on proc would mean around one aimed shot less, which could help to survive the opposing party a lot. that s hardly comparable in effect. lets not forget rogues have very high dmg skills with low cd, that s the main reason for their mana thirst. a mana drain proc could help balance the dmg output a bit. just food for thoughts.
    My main concern is when you are facing multiple warriors in pvp (often you will see 3 on a side bc pve is just a joke right now for a warrior) so then you're looking at a significant loss if there are multiple procs. If this does get implemented there needs to be some kind of immunity and no stacking of the proc. If you did get hit with 5% multiple times in a row you are looking at crippling results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Um no lol rogues already have the crappiest mana of all classes. Mages have unlimited mana and warriors have VB. Rogues rely on smart mana usage... I suggest if u add the mana sap to any gems,then rogues need mana regeneration on shadow veil! That way we could counter such a gem.
    When a rogue enters her veil she and her allies get an armor dmg and what not. Well adding a 20-25 mana regen per tic when inside veil would be good enough( lvl 41)..heck stack that with pet/gear mana per sec for more mana.there are soooo many builds one could make already why not add another element.( hey and that could be another event gem mana/hp regeneration rate gem :P )

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Iucian For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    My main concern is when you are facing multiple warriors in pvp (often you will see 3 on a side bc pve is just a joke right now for a warrior) so then you're looking at a significant loss if there are multiple procs. If this does get implemented there needs to be some kind of immunity and no stacking of the proc. If you did get hit with 5% multiple times in a row you are looking at crippling results.
    more then two warriors in one team is a crying shame. i completely agree to your point. but wouldn t it be interesting to have a counter against too many para gems because people neglected their mana needs? most players are frustrated with gear gap and class imbalances, and this could help steer things a bit in the right direction *if carefully balanced*, that s why the call for discussion.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Mana sapping gem ? Zzzz then add a counter gem with mana regeneration !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Sorry skipped straight to comment after reading , apologies if I'm repeating. Gem idea is not good at all I wouldn't want to swap none of my gems for this, at moment process of getting grand is pretty diabolical and +4str and 15armour is worthless, to make this gem appealing add HP or dmg, maybe +5str 5%hp 5%armour

"what goes up will come down"