Thread: Slightly alternative 51+ bear build...ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Question Slightly alternative 51+ bear build...ideas

After hitting 55 on the bird, I decided that 56 was not going to be a rush so picked up my bear....I had been pure strength, but even with the new Shadow set bonus, I think I was sitting at 170 DPS, 151 Armor and decent all around stats (although I failed to write them down before I sold the Hate set).

I got the bear to 51, and decided I was going to go max max armor, and hopefully dodge along the way. So for a lark, I put 67 into dex, bought a dex-based Fine Golden Band of Technique with 1% dodge/9 armor.

My health dropped by 30-ish was one change, and the armor from dropping my strength. But the ring's 9 armor more than compensated and added a few pts.

Current stats, lvl 51: base stats 192 str, 67 dex, 1 int.
    Aforementioned Fine Golden Band of Technique, 1% dodge, 9 armor
    Fury Fighter's Gem helm: 12 Str, 8 dodge, 8 h/s, 34 armor
    Bodyguard's gem sword: 12 Str, 4 dodge, 4 h/s, 12 arm
    Bodyguard's gem plate: 12 Str, 4 dodge, 4 h/s, 6 damage, 51 armor
    Bodyguard's gem shield: 12 Str, 4 dodge, 4 h/s, 6 damage, 44 armor

I ended up with total stats:
    Str 240, Dex 67, Hit 76%, Crit 10, Dodge 29, Health 720, HRegen 26, MRegen 0, DPS 146, Armor 168.

Summary: My Hit, Crit, MRegen (oh well) and DPS suck...but Dodge, HRegen and Armor are nice...all with a relative loss of about 30 health, which should be offset by the high HRegen, higher dodge from the 67 dex and the ring armor.

Do any of you super smart guys know of any other alternative high armor builds on a relatively upper-middle-class-but-not-pimping-a-Lamborghini budget?

Thoughts and constructive criticism absolutely welcome...some of you guys are geniuses.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 02-15-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage