Thread: <Enigmatic> Elite PvE Farm Guild

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    This is the classic Mage PvE build. The one skip linked is a little bit more advanced.

Skills: 4/5 fire (no scorch), 4/5 light (no shock), 4/5 ice (no shatter), 4/5 shield (no wave), 4/5 clock (no time bomb)

Passives: 5/5 crit, agility, knowledge, might

Skill Swaps: Use fire, ice, shield, clock on mobs. Swap clock for light at boss.
    Hmmm...im reserving this post for stat point build and gear related + build + everything required. And yes, this is for mages :P

KIND NOTICE: The guide will be also made up of other posts, other ppl's post. This is to add in more info...and stuff which you would need or maybe wouldnt. It will take me a few days, less than two. I will be busy with college this week. Some insider problems, so there may be some delays.

1) STAT POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by radagan View Post
    As a mage, what should you? Simple, you're a MINI TANK or maybe not D:< whahaha

So Why did i post the stat point chart from radagan's guide? Oh well, basically you might wanna try to consider respec'ing your currentn build. So now there are somethings to be kept in mind :P

Mage A vs Mage B

Lets say...Mage A dies alot but has a crazy DMG of 789.3 with 2,997 HP, and Mage B has a damage of 678 with a HP of 4,552. Which one would you choose? - I will choose B, as it seems to be more balanced, and seems to be alot better.

Mage's shield is something I wanna say, which would definitely help you, is this equation

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    (((2*str) + int)*3.5) = amount of dmg shield will absorb (taking into account the 40% dmg reduction while shield is up)
    So, Basically, the shield reduces 40% of the incoming DMG with a certain amount of damage points. So if i have like 90STR and 120INT the calculation is:

(((2*90)+120)*3)
    ((180+120)*3)
    (300)*3
    900 DMG points

Alright the incoming damage from Taurus Nab is 800DMG points, so now i have 100 DMG points. And his DMG was reduced by 40%. Now, i only have 100 more...Now a mob hits with a 200 and pffft the first 100 is reduced n shield broken! But, suppose u can take 1000 dmg and a attack is the same, that doesnt mean it will absorb everything, it reduces some points for other attacks as well :P

Now, I just need to test up with Dex points and see if it ACTUALLY WORKS. I highly doubt it tho. But only use dex if you have the right gems like Grand/Normal Elondrian shards, Glacials, Wisdoms, or paracelsus's gems. Right combination will be a good choice.

And here is the gem charts by Haligali ( these will be long :P)