Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythic amour, to be or not to be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    You got fooled by colours bro, some legendaries are better than mythics (blinky, yowie, breeze, imbued gem gear, etc), some mythic are like arcane (mythic planar pendant), dont let yourself confused.
    I said THEY SHOULD BE, not that they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves View Post
    I said THEY SHOULD BE, not that they are.
    All the legendaries in question are newer than the mythics that you compare them to. Next mythic pet we get will almost definitely be better than the older legendary/mythic pets, plus the legendary pets in question were all event related so that makes them somewhat "special" legendary pets...(except Breeze but it's just the AA that's good on that and, 150 planar Ingots or whatever it costs isn't exactly a walk in the park to get)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    All the legendaries in question are newer than the mythics that you compare them to. Next mythic pet we get will almost definitely be better than the older legendary/mythic pets, plus the legendary pets in question were all event related so that makes them somewhat "special" legendary pets...(except Breeze but it's just the AA that's good on that and, 150 planar Ingots or whatever it costs isn't exactly a walk in the park to get)
    Scorch is the newest mythic pet and he's just a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

mythic armor old but still very good, to update it will just throw non mythic players far behind. No need more mythic armors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Scorch is the newest mythic pet and he's just a joke
    Scorch is older than most if not all these event pets, plus, its stats aren't terrible, the AA is LOL though .-.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Actually, I can upgrade my phone to the iPhone 7 next year.
    Not the same. You're trading your phone in, rather than them taking your phone and enhancing it.
    Your carrier is able to make money off of this, too. First, by having you in a contract, and second, by selling the parts of your old phone. Sts makes nothing off of enhancing our items. In fact, they lose a lot of revenue, as it drives players away from the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Lvl 46 legendaries should be better than lower lvl myths, while 46 myths should be better than 46 legendaries.
    Entangled bow is mythic, should it be better than 41 expedition bow of potency, just because it's mythic? na-ah honey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If I'm not mistaken quite awhile back a post was made about mythic and arcane and some people in game tend to know this information..first off They won't upgrade the mythic armour for the shear fact that sts wants ppl to spend money on Plat to open chests.. With that being said.. When it comes to mythic weapons and arcane weapons there was a post that put alot of these items into perspective.. All mythic weapons are meant to be better than legendary items for their current cap level + next cap level.. And arcane is suppose to be current cap level +2 more caps. Sts made this possible on the mythic armour thru a quest for quite presumably just to save them time when working on next expansion.. But now that the armour has become comparable to legendary (imbued) a new set will have to be made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuorsyra View Post
    Still nab dmg with or without para
    Stop being a nab by calling other people a nab. Have a good day nab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Mythic amour, to be or not to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Not the same. You're trading your phone in, rather than them taking your phone and enhancing it.
    Your carrier is able to make money off of this, too. First, by having you in a contract, and second, by selling the parts of your old phone. Sts makes nothing off of enhancing our items. In fact, they lose a lot of revenue, as it drives players away from the game.
    This isn't real life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Ultimately, if mythics are upgraded again, the economy will be hurting even more than it is now. Look back in the Shuyal expansion. Architect gear (the best of the best elite legendaries) were worthless because NO ONE that had mythics bought them. So, you end up with a huge oversupply of elite legendary gear, and the value of these "rare" drops are lame. I mean, even now, look at Planar Clubs at 1k -.-

Anytime you create a disincentive to buy new gear, the value of endgame items will drop. The only way the economy stays healthy and vibrant is when people are buying end-game items, which causes more people to farm, which means more people will need end-game items.

I am actually a bit disappointed in the over-abundance of mythic weapons, which is why the Planar and Magma weapons are nearly worthless.

To be honest, I would like to see new gear released which forces players to make sacrifices. Either you gear up for DMG, or Armor, or Procs, but you can't have it all. This would lead to more diversity in builds and keep the market alive through these extended expansion cycles.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves View Post
    I have seen many threads about the mythic amour wanted to be upgraded to 41 (or even 46 when new level cap comes out) and to be honest I agree. People in season 3-4 spent 10-15m on there mythic sets! And to see this amour just go to waste has really annoyed me. I am NOT a season 3-4 player however, after spending 2m on mythic set it has really annoyed me that it is outdated. Does alor really want legendarys to be better then mythics? I have also seen a comment saying "keep the amour farmable" however the thing is, how are people with 500 damage going to farm for imbued- planar recipe? :/ Does anyone else agree with me here?
    arlor wants a lv41 legendary to be better than lv36 mythic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

As a mythic armour user, I do think it's unrealistic to expect it to be upgraded every expansion. I think the lvl 26 helms and 31 armours should be removed from locked crates, and the upgraded mythics should be made tradeable. That way there will be only a finite, albeit massive, supply, so if you are so inclined you can hoard it and sell once the initial dumping of them is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

If the mythic helm and armor are upgradeable, then STS might as well take helms and armors out of the elite loot table, because they will be items that are worthless and unsellable.

Assume that there are 10x the number of mythic helms and armors in the population than Mythic Bows/Guns/Bulwarks. Compare the price of Magmatic/Planar weapons (elite legendary weapons) and you will get a quick taste of what the market will do to the level 46 legendary items should the helm and armor be upgradeable once again. Currently, the "best" elite Legendary end-game weapons are going for under 1k in some cases.

Fact of the matter is, if there isn't inventory turnover, then there isn't a market for elite legendaries. If there is no market for elite legendaries, then there is nothing for end-gamers to farm. If there is nothing to farm, there is no movement of wealth. If there is no movement of wealth, then gold/items concentrate into a smaller and smaller pool of players. When a handful of players control everything, the game stagnates and dies.

The key to a healthy game is to have a constant demand for new end-game items. A broad distribution of wealth, and more importantly, steady movement of wealth, keeps the game vibrant and keeps people active. Otherwise, what is the point in spending so much gold to farm if, even when you get lucky and receive the best end-game loot, you can't sell it, let alone turn a profit on it.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I have Mythic Helms and armors Upgraded in all of my classes.
    Iam poor, I should feel like they should be updated as that would save me from buying new gears.
    But I don't feel that way. If there's no better new gears, whats the point of buying them? Why would people buy them? What would farmers farm then? Economy will be broken further more.
    Every stuffs have their era. They get outdated.
    However I feel the mythic armor helms could be turned out to some special appearance (skins/hairs/special dresses) through a npc than becoming a complete garbage.

Also I like this

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    To be honest, I would like to see new gear released which forces players to make sacrifices. Either you gear up for DMG, or Armor, or Procs, but you can't have it all. This would lead to more diversity in builds and keep the market alive through these extended expansion cycles.
    1000+ to ^

I don't like how there are easily distinguishable comparative items. One can easily say which items are better than other.
    I agree there should be some + sides and also a noticeable - sides of every items.
    one shouldn't be able to have them all.

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I payed a hefty price for my mythic set, but I look forward to seeing better armor come up, however, I do think that sts should find a way to do SOMETHING with the already upgraded set, an I think it is physically impossible for me to liquidate a mythic item with out having a heart attack ;-; I play this game to have a challenge, not to sit back and let my gear buff itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

They should make a grave yard where we can bury them forever and never have another thread regarding mythic armor.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I want to preface this and say that I do NOT want to see the mythic sets used in the next expansion. However, I also sympathize with people who have recently purchased them. I was I their shoes when the Tindirin expansion was about to be released. I had worked very hard to purchase those sets and I wanted to use them a while longer.

With that said, I think a happy medium for the mythic sets would be to make a small quest that would allow a player to craft them into a different class (such as make a mage helm into a warrior helm) so that people can use them on their alts, but they still would not be tradable. I'm facing this dilemma right now with my mage sets. My mage has an imbued set so my perfect mythic set is just sitting there collecting dust. Meanwhile, my rogue is using ice scale armor and helm. I don't want to invest in a mythic set for rogue for obvious reasons but at the same time, it would be nice to squeeze a little more juice out of my mythic set that is currently not being used.
    So you want them to be craftable and turn them to be a different class because you don't have the set for your rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    They should make a grave yard where we can bury them forever and never have another thread regarding mythic armor.
    Lets see if the graveyard can save some space for imbueds.
    newer higher level gears should be better.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Ultimately, if mythics are upgraded again, the economy will be hurting even more than it is now. Look back in the Shuyal expansion. Architect gear (the best of the best elite legendaries) were worthless because NO ONE that had mythics bought them. So, you end up with a huge oversupply of elite legendary gear, and the value of these "rare" drops are lame. I mean, even now, look at Planar Clubs at 1k -.-

Anytime you create a disincentive to buy new gear, the value of endgame items will drop. The only way the economy stays healthy and vibrant is when people are buying end-game items, which causes more people to farm, which means more people will need end-game items.

I am actually a bit disappointed in the over-abundance of mythic weapons, which is why the Planar and Magma weapons are nearly worthless.

How would this help the market? Try or not, prices will never improve until the market stabilizes. Or as someone else stated, the market has returned to it's normal position but we are still thinking about the unstabilized market prices.The prices dropping alos have some benefits such as poorer people have time to gear up at the frcation of a cost. But, overall I think the Dev's need to help us with the Market problem first. Funny to see how one problem such as plat-farming has affected everything. The Devs need to keep a tighter watch around us to make sure we are not harming anything.