Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone is free to fight the way they want just a matter of adjustment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Running is stupid. Juking is a tactical
    Here is an explanation of juking :http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=juking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree and disagree.

As far as ducking for cover behind trees and such...if you are properly dueling, you aren't around trees to begin with. I can't tell you how many games I've joined with a person just hiding behind a tree waiting for someone to join. This is how they start the duel or fight off. Sounds real tactical to me. Waiting for someone to approach you as your strafe around a tree is just lame, not skillful. -.-

As far as birds and repulse, it's one thing to repulse to keep distance, push opponent back to avoid combo (or throw it off), but continue to attack. It's another to repulse and literally run the other way, not even to get away, but for all your skills to cooldown. It doesn't exactly require any skills to know the range of repulse and when to use. As far as "knowing your distances", that's not even an issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    It's not buffing too early when you're feet from each other and about to collide... You're BOTH ready to fight and the person repulses/firestorms/stomps. Running to regain AFTER fighting is one thing, but running just because you can't fight is weak.
    Mmm. Not a big PvP player here but it seems to me that running just because you can't fight is kind of the only option if you cannot fight. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I pvp against bears on my level 10 bird, I always root them and run until their rage is finished. I consider it being smart, not a coward. They have their skill (rage) that allows them to hit 150s at level 10, I and have thorn root to stop them from being able ot use it. It's just good tactics in my opinion, and not to utilize all of your skill because of some "code" is just ridiculous. I fight to win, however I am able to, and I have fun doing it. If others don't like how I play than they can play with someone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    I'll keep this post brief and to the point:

It's ok to run (flee) from an enemy if need some time to regen health/mana.

I'm tired of players complaining about this. If you think runners are a problem, it's likely you're simply being outplayed. Wherein the confines of etiquette or exploitation is there a basis for this gripe? It's called survival.

Same thing goes for using the environment for cover. I dunno about most people but the existence of barriers/cover offers a refreshing combat dynamic as opposed to a bland wide open battle grid.

What's next? No hiding around corners?
    Ok, so, heres what this means.

Bears can go to hell.
    Your so bad at pvp that you run.
    "Flee" Sounds homo, using a fancy word for run doesnt make it ok.
    Running isnt outplaying, its being a noob.

Lastly, Getting 43 pvp kills doesnt make you pro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I'd have to agree.

In the real world, retreat is a perfectly valid tactic in any war. What is a person supposed to do? Commit suicide by running up against a team of 3-5 enemies?

It isn't cowardice, it isn't being "cheap" or anything - it's as valid a tactic as aggro.

Edit: Perhaps things are different as I mainly play 5v5.

Naw bro, in the real world, we no scope collateral 2 of them, then we take this rest with a curved bullet like the ending of "wanted"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Mmm. Not a big PvP player here but it seems to me that running just because you can't fight is kind of the only option if you cannot fight. lol
    Lol by cannot fight, I mean sucking.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial-legend View Post
    theres NO rule in either FFA(free for all) or 1v1! in 1v1 backing off and waste ur opponents combo isnt cheap, instead its a rly pro move imo, u need to time the range extremely well or u fail. running, kiting or hugging trees r not cheap either, only those noobs dont know how to do it and get their sorry asses kicked then pissed off.
    sorry, my sensei has spoken, and you cannot argue with the best I concur with Imp. And if you know they're retreating and playing tactical, it's up to you to catch that and not fall for any traps. If you do, then that's just you failing to notice it, or being naive/too bloodthirsty to care.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am trying really hard of not making any bad French army jokes here. Please stop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    It would be foolish to doubt your PvProwess and it sounds like you have a good system for defeating the runner's method.
    Dude runnin is noobish. I was pvpin a guy named loseryareli or somethin and i told him to pvp me cause he was a big mputh. He made a ctf match and i joined him. He just spawnkilled me again and again. I made a 3v3 arena and said go. I buffed and he just RAN ALL OVER THE MAP. Then i stoped runnin behind him and he rushed me. If u like this tact then u should play pacman bro cause if ur a pally and u need to run :/ u must fail a lot. Runnin is natural. OVERRUNIN is noobish. Think of someone who took your money. He comes to give it to u and then he starts runin and when u get exhausted he turns around, hits u on the head or breaks somethin of your body. Then he takes anythin prescious u have. Think it this way. ALSO ur too new to understand everythin whch is contained in pvp. Let time pass and see for urself
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I am trying really hard of not making any bad French army jokes here. Please stop!
    lol los Germanos son cabrones no? XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamitsos View Post
    Dude runnin is noobish. I was pvpin a guy named loseryareli or somethin and i told him to pvp me cause he was a big mputh. He made a ctf match and i joined him. He just spawnkilled me again and again. I made a 3v3 arena and said go. I buffed and he just RAN ALL OVER THE MAP. Then i stoped runnin behind him and he rushed me. If u like this tact then u should play pacman bro cause if ur a pally and u need to run :/ u must fail a lot. Runnin is natural. OVERRUNIN is noobish. Think of someone who took your money. He comes to give it to u and then he starts runin and when u get exhausted he turns around, hits u on the head or breaks somethin of your body. Then he takes anythin prescious u have. Think it this way. ALSO ur too new to understand everythin whch is contained in pvp. Let time pass and see for urself
    so to paraphrase, running is a tactic, but not excessive running?

I can agree with this, it does get annoying during a match that lasts 45 minutes when the mage i'm fighting runs oom, and my health regen is faster than their auto attack...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Ok, so, heres what this means.

Bears can go to hell.
    Your so bad at pvp that you run.
    "Flee" Sounds homo, using a fancy word for run doesnt make it ok.
    Running isnt outplaying, its being a noob.

Lastly, Getting 43 pvp kills doesnt make you pro.
    1st time i freakin totally agree with twinkstatic but TOTALLY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    so to paraphrase, running is a tactic, but not excessive running?

I can agree with this, it does get annoying during a match that lasts 45 minutes when the mage i'm fighting runs oom, and my health regen is faster than their auto attack...
    U dont get it do u? Ok i dunno whats your class. Mine is a pala since lvl 35. First of all i see people with 3k kills who r lvl 51-53 when I HAD 6K KILLS AT lvl 25 WITH BARBAMITSOS FFS. (1st rage) SECOND. IMPERIAL IS TOTALLY INCORECT AT HIS STATEMENTS. if u want me to explain why tell me.THIRDLY, people hidin behind trees, runnin when they say go in a duel, rushin and stuff like this are mynas gen nooblets who just want to kill someone when they r weak cause they are too NOOBS to fight when they are equal! Basically what ladylOve stated.FOURTH: NONE OF THESE MYNAS GENS OR LATER CAN UNDERSTAND THE GAME WHEN THE ONLY AREA THEY HAVE BEEN IS AO2 AO3 AND BALEFORT SEWERS! FIFTH: MAKIN such a thread is a failure cause it shows how noob is its maker cause he cant Pvp without runnin! SIXTH no guys were not at a real war with real guns. If this game has influenced u that much tell your parents to take the devices off your room. Eighth: people who beleive runnin is a good tact please make a bear and play with it for like 10 pvp games and feel teh fail.
    And yes its a rage post!

9th: if u wana understand what i mean read everythin above 2 times
    Last edited by Barbamitsos; 02-17-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

3 words: Play to win

Just to elaborate in case it's unclear, I mean doing everything in your power to win within the limits of morality (aka without cheating). If that means running around for a while to regain your hp/let skills cooldown then I dont see a problem with it. It gives both players a chance to do so actually, and basically resets the fight. So in the end the better player should still win. Sure the match will take longer, but the result should be the same.

I don't think using a tactic like this has anything to do with being a "mynas gen", because as far as I see that term is used to describe players with a lack of tactic in mostly PvE situations. Above you said that players who do this just want to kill someone when they are weak. When else would I want to kill someone? If my rage is down for the next 8 secs, and I see my opponent use his rage at that time, I'd be an idiot to try to take him on. But in the same respect he'd be an idiot to not try to kill me. I think unless you and your opponent talk before hand and lay down some rules for your fight, anything goes.

Now I'm not endorsing running or anything of the sort, and I'm even less likely to actually do it in game though I admit to it being advantageous in some situations. I like to play aggressively and from my experience trying to run will get you killed anyways.
    Last edited by Sun; 02-17-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    3 words: Play to win
    4 words: U care that much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

4 words: U care that much?
    5 words: this is getting nowhere fast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Bottom line: Runners will always argue that it is sound strategy. Non-runners will always argue that it is poor play and weak. No way to make anyone change their mind because the running behavior seems to be successful for some players so they will keep doing it no matter how aggravating it may be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

U dont get it do u? Ok i dunno whats your class. Mine is a pala since lvl 35. First of all i see people with 3k kills who r lvl 51-53 when I HAD 6K KILLS AT lvl 25 WITH BARBAMITSOS FFS. (1st rage) SECOND. IMPERIAL IS TOTALLY INCORECT AT HIS STATEMENTS. if u want me to explain why tell me.THIRDLY, people hidin behind trees, runnin when they say go in a duel, rushin and stuff like this are mynas gen nooblets who just want to kill someone when they r weak cause they are too NOOBS to fight when they are equal! Basically what ladylOve stated.FOURTH: NONE OF THESE MYNAS GENS OR LATER CAN UNDERSTAND THE GAME WHEN THE ONLY AREA THEY HAVE BEEN IS AO2 AO3 AND BALEFORT SEWERS! FIFTH: MAKIN such a thread is a failure cause it shows how noob is its maker cause he cant Pvp without runnin! SIXTH no guys were not at a real war with real guns. If this game has influenced u that much tell your parents to take the devices off your room. Eighth: people who beleive runnin is a good tact please make a bear and play with it for like 10 pvp games and feel teh fail.
    And yes its a rage post!

9th: if u wana understand what i mean read everythin above 2 times
    Allow me to clarify my position on this arguement, I'm double-sided. Neutral. Just stating things out of experience.

And...

1. Didn't ask for a speech of rage, I'm not being hostile. I just wanted your opinion and nothing more.
    2. This isn't about mynas gens, bringing them into this is pointless
    3. Zeriousbear, my main twink
    4. I also play as a mage so I know running is necessary at times when bears are constantly on your arse
    5. Don't argue, when you're not open-minded even to see the opposing side's points.

thanks

PS: *Thick layer of sweet, delicious sarcasm, batting eyes* Or do you not get it?