Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi. I currently play all classes with one of each at the end game level. I mostly play with the mage. I agree with others that an additional skill or "rotating skill wheel" a la Order and Chaos would be handy. As for the types of skills and passives, I'm ok with those. Fix a couple bugs and raise the cap and I'm sure to stick around. Although, I'm pretty sure I'll stick around anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I agree with this. And not allowing skills to be swapped while under cooldown was stupid. Shame on you to whoever did that.
    The elimination of swapping skills in pvp was smart in my opinion, the ability to swap skills in pvp just gave people with fast fingers an upper hand. Pvp should not be about whoever can swap their skills the fastest wins, thats not fun.

I think a 5th slot would be awesome too, but then every class should also get an additional skill, say mages should get a skill like juggernaut or spinning daggers or we could get a support skill, cause when you think about it mages are supposed to be a support class. I think that would add a lot more strategy to the game and keep people experimenting with builds
    Last edited by Primeblades; 12-19-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I strongly Suggest new skills slot because players can have more combination of skills. ( rouge , warrior , mage )

New skills wont be enough in a few months people will get bored of it.. but with skills slot they can have 2 support skills and damage skills they can combine with.

Let me give you a good example ( HoR , jug , Axe , smash , CS ) Hor = heal - Jug is support skills unti stun. for now warrior can only use axe and smash and the rest is normal attach when cool down... just imagine with 1 more skills then they can combo better.

Same goes for mage ( heal , shield are the two support skills ) then 2 killing skills, with extra skills slot mage can do a lot of combination since the cool down of skills is fast. - mages can explain this better.

with extra skills slot people dont need to swap skills during in battle .
    We need more skills too. If sts adds another skill slot without any new skills then that almost destroys being unique. If they add another skill slot almost everybody will have the same builds. We need new skills to add variety, technique, and strategy. I think adding additional skill slots is a good idea, we just need new skills along with it
    Last edited by Primeblades; 12-17-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

For balancing pvp we indeed new new skills and several things has to be taken into consideration as follows:
    - sorc heal has to be increased slightly
    - use of 5 skill has to be LOCKED under level 21. Pvp is totally in favor of warriors at low level pvp below 21. ( juggernaut, veng, horn) are 3 heals right there. so under level 21 old school style 4 skill set will be good for balancing pvp.
    - similarly armor stack in stat has to be limited. If u look at level 10/11 warrior twinks they get too much armor from goblin ring, abaddon/Frist/ littlebear, will set, shield. Such low level and armor around 800 is too much. Sts need control this. It's going out of control.
    - Skill like juggernaut has to be merged into horn. I.e remove juggernaut heal and merge incoming damage reduction into horn as a next point.
    - rogue skill needs massive changes. So many useless skills r there which basically no body prefer to use like shadow viel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey I missed this thread start but have been excited for skill rework since it was first mentioned.
    I play a sorc at cap and mostly play pve but am now venturing into PvP. So my feed back is on my pve build/experience. I change my build a lot but this is my current one I don't usually use 6 skills but I like this build.
    Fire 4/5 no ignite ( I dislike it might because damage seems low except for when reflected at u lol)
    Lightning 3/5 - empower & discharge
    Ice 3/5 -jaggad and shatter (I never use shatter)
    Shield 2/5 only hardened ATM
    Time 4/5 - time bomb (I dislike timebomb either mobs are dead by experation of spell, or in elite it doesn't seem to do enough damage to warrant taking)
    Heal 3/5 - regrowth and empower ( regrowth and empower are in my opinion useless at least at high levels I mean 100 health is nothing even if u get it all at once. I also basically stopped using heal since extended range was fixed. I understand that the range was never supposed to be as wide as it was, but as a mage in pve the skill is usually not used to benifit yourself. Heal is used to keep your teammates from dying and it never seems to reach the people u want anymore. For what its worth I would like to see the range extended. )
    Passives I change up a lot but always max Str, Dex, and Int. I think it would be useful to have more in depth explanations about how passives effect your stats in the skill section though. I took damage max for over a year before I found out it was basically pointless for me because it doesn't stack with pet damage, and every pet I use grants damage. I'm sure there are lots of players wasting lots of points in similar ways.
    Well good luck I'm excited to see what u guys come up with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I already said some of this in another thread but these are the things i would like changed in the skills system of a mage.

1 I would like to see the freeze work on a mage's ice ability again in pvp
    2 Not sure if this is a good idea, but i was thinking it would be cool if the mage's curse ability would deal 100% damage to the first attack that comes first, making op abilities like aim shot or like axe throw deal 100% damage back to the enemy. Thus an op rogue with extreme damage gets a little of his own medicine if the mage plays his curse correctly. Also after the 100% damage back the mage's curse will continually do small amounts of damage back like 30%. If that idea doesnt work then im fine with that, just a little suggestion. However i really think the curse ability should deal more damage back on abilitys like aim shot rather than kill over time abilities like clock. Clock has become totally useless in pvp due to curse. Plus rogues never have to worry about losing much life when a curse is placed over them because curse relects very minimal damage from aim shot and shadow pierce.
    3 Concerning lifegiver i think mages heal over time ability that you can additionally unlock should be increased pretty dramatically because it is just a lame and redundant side ability
    4 All classes except for the mage class has a stun immunity ability. Id like to see some short of stun immunity ability for the mage on this upcoming buff. Whether they add a short stun immunity on the shield ability or create a totally new ability i really dont care.
    5 Gale force is contrary to popular belief a decent ability in pvp. It may however need some buffing, perhaps a damage boost or like maybe you could even add in a stun immunity side ability. That would draw more attention to this underrated ability
    Last edited by Primeblades; 01-11-2015 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flawlessfire Level 40 rogue.
    I love the game but the only issue I have is I don't understand the difference between the regular map and the elite map. Why do you not get XP at the beginning of the elite map but the enemies are harder to kill? It makes now sense to me. I think the game should have more maps that you unlock when complete each map. And maybe more levels then stopping at 41😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mage
    I only do pve and my build currently is fireball lightning clock heal
    Fireball:great aoe and does burning and knockback added bonus
    Lightening: used to deal huge damage to bosses and elite mobs
    Clock: rooting them is really good and constant aoe always good
    Heal: for health and mana
    Currently all my upgrade points go intelgence because all bosses in later maps 1-hit me to no point on putting any on strength
    I used my extra skill points for 5 on damage, 5 int 5str 5crt and 5 in dex
    Please add armor and health buffs to skills, Mage can't survive in pvp or pve anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This thread started in March 2014? It is now almost February 2015. Need I say more?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonut For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    This thread started in March 2014? It is now almost February 2015. Need I say more?
    It seems to be an appeasement thread

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Well..
    Last edited by supersyan; 03-13-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

So thread was created in September 2014. Now it's March 2015. This folks, is how you lose customers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I totally agree with obee.
    What did you do in the last one year, regarging skills?
    Skills are one of the most important things in a MMORPG, keep that in mind.
    - Allows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

There is a even earlier thread for February 2014, where they say that they are going to start working on a new skill system, as they realise that the current one has short-comings. I do realise that it is a dangerous endeavour to change the skills, but some small changes, like extending the duration of the warrior's taunts could have been made in this year. I have seen other games (Diablo3) being completely changed, not only in terms of skills, but also in terms of itemization, drop-rates, mobs, maps etc.

Please do not delete all my comments where I bring up the original thread. Thank you very much :-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

pls read devs

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Avshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I love to pvp handicapped because I love style and style is always art and art is always swag and yes I do get kills with these handicaps
    I am a rogue my favorite class of all time

First off

I like the skill called noxious bolt , the sneakiest skill of all lustfull time, sadly it don't do what it's suppose to do , most the upgrades don't work in pvp

I like the skill called shadow veil , oh boy good old shadow veil that blue color I feel like I'm cloud nine but the explosion don't work in pvp so I'm just cloud 8.

I like the skill trap , oh yea trap , I love to lay my thick trap out on the ground and hope my prey lay it's foot inside , but the pull upgrade does not register sadly I wish it would work and the explode damage upgrade it said its suppose to be high but it's not high, that needs to be fixed.

I love that aimshot , good old aimshot , just charge and let go while ppl not looking , that skill needs more range

I like that skill called shadow storm shot, but it's not stormy enough to create a disaster, hopefully all the upgrades work on that skill because none of the upgrades work which is really disappointing.

I like that skill called razor shield, oh boy spinning freedom is babe at this moment and if only it was razory enough sadly only 1 upgrade works in pvp, it would be lovely if the skill did what it's said its suppose to do.

I like that skill called shadow peirce , again I wish the upgrades did what it's suppose to do, even that upgrade that says Little damage that comes out after peirce, you know when the rogue dances like a ballerina In the air , that delayed need be fixed, it's weird that when you use that upgrade shadow peirce does lower damage than it suppose to do.

If changes like this make I'll surly play al again more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Hey Fibus great to have you on the forums. If it does help you out, I'll post my opinions and builds later. Thanks!
    Lel lel lel and if that existed 2015 March today , Al would be done for , ppl already using 4 attack skills full blown with that nekro pet already . They not even using heal or sheild skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Class: Sorcerer

Current Builds: PVE

Skill Build & Reason:
    5/5 Time Shift - Attack: high area dmg with dot; Defense: snare enemies and keep distance with range attack enemies (e.g archer);
    5/5 Frost Bolt - Attack: moderate area dmg with dot, fast cooldown; Defense: freeze and slowed enemies;
    4/5 Fireball (No Scorch) - Attack: high area dmg with dot; Defense: stun enemies;
    3/5 Lightning Strike (No Discharge & Shock) - The highest dmg of Sorcerer skill, mostly used for fighting boss, switch with time shift or frost bolt, depend on boss;
    4/5 Arcane Shield (No Displacement) - for defensive purpose in elite maps
    2/5 Lifegiver (Only Empower upgrade) - for mana gain, mostly used in normal or easy elite maps.

Passives Build
    5/5 Knowledge, Might, & Agility - All these passive increase dmg & health;
    2/5 Critical Shot - excess skill point, put on critical for higher critical chance;

Dislikes skills/upgrades: Curse - not to useful with my playstyle
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]