Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Revives in Swamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Sounds like we need to take care of a couple of things:

• A reduced mana cost as well as increasing the percentage of restoration to full at rank 5.
    • Making the respawn/revive popup less intrusive.

-ALS
    Spot on! Kudos to Esus for the idea (i think thats the right person)

Also, adding an immunity period will have a negative effect on pvp, so i hope that isn't considered.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for listening and responding!!! Much appreciated. I had much the same problem "described as a "bug" by testers, with a Atari 800/C64 game I programmed called Tutti Frutti back in 1984, and I am gratified you see the point. In my case, when the character "died", it was reassigned a random location to be "revived" (this was a pacman clone) but too often the revive location was too close to the enemy. The program simply forced the "revive" to take place at least several steps away from the enemy.

In this case, this would be a great implementation of a rationale to take heal to lvl 5, although there should still be some leeway for those who wish to keep heal at lvl 1 to save skill for other slots. My suggestion would be to negate all offensive abilities and afford invulnerability for 1, 1-1/2, 2, 2-1/2 and 3 seconds according to level. This should take care of complaints that it might be too easy and it certainly obviates the obvious problem raised in the thread of the revive-killed loop.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Sounds like we need to take care of a couple of things:

• A reduced mana cost as well as increasing the percentage of restoration to full at rank 5.
    • Making the respawn/revive popup less intrusive.

-ALS
    This would be a perfect solution!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mobdropper View Post
    This will probably be a big issue with pvp as well, with people being camped and drobed

What if a person had 2-5 seconds of invulnerability after being resed? (but they couldn't cast offensive spells during invulnerability as well)
    This won't be happening in pvp since you respawn with full health. Only when revived during pvp battle could this happen.
    Eldallan: Lvl 35 Talon/Wingshield Archer | Shanks em' crocs |
    "There is no death;
    There is the Respawn button"