Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 25, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Maaaaan, your telling me that the shuyal nott will guide us there again? -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

A new pvp map with the new expansion theme

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I want to see seasonal leaderboards next it one of the most requested and many will be disappointed if not released for season 8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    A new pvp map with the new expansion theme
    That will be sooo coool!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So just to be clear, Silver is primarily a PvP pet right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I would like to see Fossils actually drop from Arena Chests. I have not heard of even one dropping since the odds were supposedly adjusted to "match arcane drop odds other places in the game". In fact, I have heard of only one verified fossil since the planar arena was announced - which was on the weekend where the drops were glitched to be ridiculously high and people were looting 4 recipes in 3 days. Before then and since then, I have not heard of a single verified drop.

It seems to me that the chance of getting an arcane from farmable items is exponentially lower than it is for locked crates. I know of at least 2000 arena chests that have been opened and not a single fossil, yet people get an average of one arcane per 500 crates.

I thought the idea was to give people who actually play the game an equal chance to those who sit in town and crate. Never mind that it should be a better chance, since we're the ones farming and spending endless plat on elixirs and ankhs.

So where is this fossil, and why are the odds so low as for it to be non-existent?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 25, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I would like to see Fossils actually drop from Arena Chests. I have not heard of even one dropping since the odds were supposedly adjusted to "match arcane drop odds other places in the game". In fact, I have heard of only one verified fossil since the planar arena was announced - which was on the weekend where the drops were glitched to be ridiculously high and people were looting 4 recipes in 3 days. Before then and since then, I have not heard of a single verified drop.

It seems to me that the chance of getting an arcane from farmable items is exponentially lower than it is for locked crates. I know of at least 2000 arena chests that have been opened and not a single fossil, yet people get an average of one arcane per 500 crates.

I thought the idea was to give people who actually play the game an equal chance to those who sit in town and crate. Never mind that it should be a better chance, since we're the ones farming and spending endless plat on elixirs and ankhs.

So where is this fossil, and why are the odds so low as for it to be non-existent?
    i fully agree. i like to add that for example the rarity of the recipe drop is ok for me, i have seen it drop and one dropped for me after hundreds of runs. the problem here is that there s nothing to gain from trying, it s basically wasting ankhs and pots in hope for the jackpot. the reinforced gems and vials are a great step in the right direction, but not enough. truth is, people already need to be well set to farm arena, it s not a place to work up. if you make us use up ankhs there, we want to actually build up wealth there.

as for the fossil: combined with friends we must have made several thousands of runs: not a single fossil. yes, it should be rare. very very rare. but if all hardcore farmers together can only come up with 1 or 2 drops in whole arlor and none over all friends/runs it probably should be revised again.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 03-29-2015 at 04:54 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yup... Fossil should stay very rare, I agree with it being very very rare... but our officers have opened well over 20k arena crates (not exgerating) and not a one has dropped!

Lol I think that's a bit off.
    Last edited by Bellaelda; 03-30-2015 at 03:57 AM.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Yup... Fossil should stay very rare, I agree with it being very very rare... but our officers have opened well over 20k arena crates (not exgerating) and not a one has dropped!

0 in over 20k arena chests is practically impossible odds. A single player can't never hope to loot one with that odds.
    I am curious if you know how many recipes were looted in those 20k + rolls for recipe? This is a great chance to see the odds for that :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It's arcane rarity. For locked crates that means one in 500-1000 crates on average. Considering we have to actually work for these chests, the odds should be at least the same as in locks, if not slightly better. People should be rewarded for actually playing elite content.

As it stands now, we see the actual elite players basically punished for playing the game as intended. STS forgets that we're the ones buying ankhs and elixirs, and spend just as much (or more) on those, as crate poppers do sitting in town. This kind of backwards attitude from the development end of things is what is driving people to stop logging in.

You can get up to 100 plat, a bunch of gold and a good chance of arcane items by opening crates. Why should we not have the same chance of that loot when we choose to spend our plat to do difficult elite runs and kill challenging bosses?

Why are those who just sit in town with no experience or skills the ones who actually make a profit? Shouldn't it be those who work for it that have a higher chance at quality loot? How can STS not realize there is a problem here?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    0 in over 20k arena chests is practically impossible odds. A single player can't never hope to loot one with that odds.
    I am curious if you know how many recipes were looted in those 20k + rolls for recipe? This is a great chance to see the odds for that :-)

I'd say we've gotten about 15-25 recipes... Average seems to be about 1 recipe per 500-1k chests (although I haven't seen any recipes drop in a long time either thinking about that)

But the drop rate on those fossils is just absurd... I've only known one person that got one (from arena chests) in all of AL and I believe that was during the week that drop rate was all messed up, lol
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I'd say we've gotten about 15-25 recipes... Average seems to be about 1 recipe per 500-1k chests (although I haven't seen any recipes drop in a long time either thinking about that)

But the drop rate on those fossils is just absurd... I've only known one person that got one (from arena chests) in all of AL and I believe that was during the week that drop rate was all messed up, lol
    I personally have seen only two recipes being looted in my meanwhile more than 500 runs. One was looted by a friend of a friend whom I was helping finish arena for the first time ever. The second one by a leach in a PUG, who refused to leave or fight after he went out of ankhs (1 ankh after to be exact after the first boss. If that isn't irony I do not know what is :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I personally have seen only two recipes being looted in my meanwhile more than 500 runs. One was looted by a friend of a friend whom I was helping finish arena for the first time ever. The second one by a leach in a PUG, who refused to leave or fight after he went out of ankhs (1 ankh after to be exact after the first boss. If that isn't irony I do not know what is :-)
    Lmao! I'm sorry and I've been there... Bet he had that one ank for last boss too to make sure he got his drop... Cheep lucky brats, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Lmao! I'm sorry and I've been there... Bet he had that one ank for last boss too to make sure he got his drop... Cheep lucky brats, lol.
    That is quite alright. Luckily enough I had already resorted to buying the recipe before those two occasions occurred. I was actually quite happy for the poor undergeared dude I was helping finish arena for the first time. He was very polite and said thanks like a hundred times even before the run started! Not so much for the leach though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

We are going to rebuild the town of Garetta, it's a community goal like the lovecraft event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Dear Remiem, I have a little suggest... not about AL problems, not about expansion... about your weekly updates!

What if you do a kind of Journal :0 Put some passion and make it FANCY! \ ^-^ /

Name:  arlor.png
Views: 262
Size:  484.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Dear Remiem, I have a little suggest... not about AL problems, not about expansion... about your weekly updates!

Umm....

Maybe if the arlor post actually told us when issues were gonna get fixed.... If not then just a waste of time and we don't care.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post

a lot of people access this forum on mobiles. i prefer accessible over fancy. fancy things belong in the game.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Fancy also takes a lot of time, that could be better used doing something productive.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: