Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Producer's Note: On Pet Transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Well said, Maddy.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Spacetime Studios Dev productor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hello Folks,
    First, I appreciate the understanding and decorum that many of you have shown.

Our errors are our own, and not the fault of the players who may be affected. We will not cause additional damage to the player experience by attempting to unravel our own errors.

I have a profound respect for the discussions we're able to have through this forum, and I consider it a privileged to chat with you all this closely. As always I encourage you to continue the conversation through constructive discussion.

Much Obliged,

Adrian "Productor" Glover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I don't understand why you just don't allow this feature to all SnS owners since it's possible. There would be no harm done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by productor View Post
    Hello Folks,
    First, I appreciate the understanding and decorum that many of you have shown.

Our errors are our own, and not the fault of the players who may be affected. We will not cause additional damage to the player experience by attempting to unravel our own errors.

I have a profound respect for the discussions we're able to have through this forum, and I consider it a privileged to chat with you all this closely. As always I encourage you to continue the conversation through constructive discussion.

Much Obliged,

His Adrian,

Thanks for being transparent and owning up to the mistake - a lot of players will and SHOULD appreciate this. I do see the drama that would come from removing this pet from Love's account, but I do think that this would be the right thing to do. And to counter Zeus' point, why would any player in end game purchase additional pets for an account with an SnS? The rest of his gear (assuming he has imbued, and a planar pendant from his tank) can easily be sold.

Madnex brought up a great point that STG mistakes (or just loopholes that players abuse) are not usually rectified (i.e. PvE kills, PvP dummy farming, PvP Flags etc.), so this issue - although only affecting one person and is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things - makes players lose their confidence. Madnoob who has a SnS at level 10 has been trying to get his reverted since it came out unsuccessfully. I just hope that moving forward the policies are made very clear to all support staff, and that you come up with a way to counter this inherent (or at least seemingly so) favoritism towards certain players. All should be treated equally, and given equal opportunities to be successful.

Anyway thanks again for acknowledging this mistake, and hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Last I check was "sorry your pet level is too high, we aren't able to put your pet back into the egg" but now lol oh we can just transfer your pet somewhere else. Sorry but we only doing it for one person in the entire game.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Spacetime Studios Dev productor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    His Adrian,

Thanks for being transparent and owning up to the mistake - a lot of players will and SHOULD appreciate this. I do see the drama that would come from removing this pet from Love's account, but I do think that this would be the right thing to do. And to counter Zeus' point, why would any player in end game purchase additional pets for an account with an SnS? The rest of his gear (assuming he has imbued, and a planar pendant from his tank) can easily be sold.

Madnex brought up a great point that STG mistakes (or just loopholes that players abuse) are not usually rectified (i.e. PvE kills, PvP dummy farming, PvP Flags etc.), so this issue - although only affecting one person and is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things - makes players lose their confidence. Madnoob who has a SnS at level 10 has been trying to get his reverted since it came out unsuccessfully. I just hope that moving forward the policies are made very clear to all support staff, and that you come up with a way to counter this inherent (or at least seemingly so) favoritism towards certain players. All should be treated equally, and given equal opportunities to be successful.

Anyway thanks again for acknowledging this mistake, and hope it doesn't happen again.
    Hello Raw,
    Thanks for your understanding, and the comment about how transparency leads to trust and confidence. While we disagree on the resolution here, I sincerely appreciate the way you have constructed your feedback.

Much Obliged,

7. The Following User Says Thank You to productor For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    His Adrian,

For the sake of having different pets to use when others run in a clash due to having SnS.

However, it seems devs have had their final statement so let's just live and let.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Lol, why STS so much insist on keeping that SNS on his mage character? Just put it back to warrior and ALL ppl will be calm...
    He already has a huge advantage with SNS on warrior char (he deserve it) but now he will has this advantage again on his mage char?
    Really dont understand it.
    People make mistakes, thats why is rubber on pencil, but if I do mistake, I will not say "well, I made mistake, but Ill not use rubber, just leave that mistake and deal with it"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hmmmm since now its clear that transfer was a mistake and so were the motivations that were brought up to justify it, Productor/JustG, can you please confirm if Shady & Surge won't still be coming back during the Ursoth event?
    I really want it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by productor View Post
    I for one am not able to understand how this logic works. This is affecting many people's playing experience, not just one's. An agreeable solution cannot be reached if STS stands firmly and is unwilling to "cross the line" and allow that one-time transfer for the rest of the SnS owners but also denies to rectify the mistake by the shortest way and reverse the transfer back to the warrior toon, which are the only two logical options here.

This is the kind of situation where there's no clearly right solution available so you have to choose which option is best for the greater good - one player's disappointment or the rest of that specific pet's users and the general community. In conclusion, the lack of action is damaging our player experience as well.

As a side-note, there were three pleas made by the same player to convince STS support to bend the rules for his sake. Let us consider for a second what this means about the idea people have for support's organization and effectiveness. An example: Had one player insisted that he deserved double the current gold cap in gold because of how the game has wronged him and after several attempts, someone in the other side (STS support) was convinced and did make the mistake to go forward with the transaction, would you also allow that to remain unchanged because it wasn't his fault? I rest my case.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Angry

I believe STS is right to leave this mistake alone and not reverse the transfer of SNS. What everyone seems to be forgetting is how unfair it would be to that player if STS took back what they did. You all are asking Hell to pay for STS' mistake! How is that right or a good idea?

No its not fair to us, and they shouldn't have done it and it's infuriating. Also some of you are just trying to eek out another exception for yourselves just because u own SNS and want to have the same mistake repeated on you cuz that would be so totally fair or something.

That is what a mistake is, something that should not have happened and shouldn't be repeated! So quit asking STS to make another one (by reversing 1 xfer) or make the same one again (by allowing all SNS owners to xfer).

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks for your communication and transparency JustG and Productor- I want to encourage this behaviour so I won't be raising a pitchfork however, strong feelings abound on this issue, largely, I think, because it has tapped into the sense many players have that favouritism is at play (whether this is so or not)...

If you're committed to allowing the SNS that was transferred to remain transferred (and I'm sure you can understand how irate that will make others who want SNS transferred, and personally I don't agree with this decision, though I do accept it), may I suggest then that you do bring SNS back this Ursoth event as an opportunity for people who really want an SNS on x or y character to obtain it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

The issues I had weren't serious enough to quit over, so I was gently prodding with a stick versus stabbing with a pitchfork.

As for constructive comments:
    Can you at least think about some sort of review process for request so that at least 2 sets of eyes go over every request?
    It might slow things down a little, but at least people will feel that all requests are being handled fairly and not at the whim of any one person...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

sts don't want to hurt that player by transferring his SNS back, but they hurt everyone else by letting that SNS stay?

since he already got denied his request many times he should have to return SNS and deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So many of you are using this mistake as an obvious attempt to take out your personal feelings on this player. It is not the players responsibility to endure that STS adheres to their own policies and the player should not be punished as a result.

The common sense thing to do here is allow a 1 time transfer to all SnS owners, gg, move on.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Khicho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Give Pitra the ability to re-egg "exclusive" pets and make them account bound.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I believe STS is right to leave this mistake alone and not reverse the transfer of SNS. What everyone seems to be forgetting is how unfair it would be to that player if STS took back what they did. You all are asking Hell to pay for STS' mistake! How is that right or a good idea?

No its not fair to us, and they shouldn't have done it and it's infuriating. Also some of you are just trying to eek out another exception for yourselves just because u own SNS and want to have the same mistake repeated on you cuz that would be so totally fair or something.

That is what a mistake is, something that should not have happened and shouldn't be repeated! So quit asking STS to make another one (by reversing 1 xfer) or make the same one again (by allowing all SNS owners to xfer).
    Stop kissing sts behind. How is unfair to move back sns to his warior? He crie about not invited to pve but he is PvP warior get through your thick skull

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Give Pitra the ability to re-egg "exclusive" pets and make them account bound.
    +1 on this

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

How's it not the guys fault, it is part his fault for asking for it to be transferred anyway so he should suffer the consequences. If it didn't get transferred to that char then what would he be doing now? He would be doing the same stuff he's doing now but without an SnS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Stop kissing sts behind. How is unfair to move back sns to his warior? He crie about not invited to pve but he is PvP warior get through your thick skull
    Your words say a lot about how reasonable you are. Are you going to throw insults or make constructive arguments?

If a mistake was made in your favor and then some time later, after you built your character around it, STS suddenly decided it was going to take it away just because everyone on the forums wanted justice... how would you feel?