Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing Style of Paladin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

My Pally:

Level: 56 Full of Hate (Hax/Shield for weapons)

Skill points:
    6 2 6 1
    6 4 5 6
    6 1 6 6

always walk the front and lead to rush, spam healing during battle, do combo to take aggro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek View Post
    My Pally:

Level: 56 Full of Hate (Hax/Shield for weapons)

Skill points:
    6 2 6 1
    6 4 5 6
    6 1 6 6

always walk the front and lead to rush, spam healing during battle, do combo to take aggro
    Hey dude from HK!!
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshooaaa View Post
    Call me noob, but I chose to build a Paladin for the ability to buff up, run in, and deal awesome aoe damage while having the ability to keep others alive with heal. It seems though, that nobody uses the mana shield? Why is that? I love the flexibility the Pally has to fill whatever role seems to be lacking in the group...

but that's just me
    The reason I do not put anything in mana shield is my own lack of skill. I forget to turn it on almost every battle and for some reason remember about it right at the end of the battle and turn it on when the boss dies which is useless and makes me look like a massive noob. So I decided to never allocate points to mana shield ever again. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    The reason I do not put anything in mana shield is my own lack of skill. I forget to turn it on almost every battle and for some reason remember about it right at the end of the battle and turn it on when the boss dies which is useless and makes me look like a massive noob. So I decided to never allocate points to mana shield ever again. lol
    LOL this is a good sharing reminding us that we should choose the skills that fit our style, but not just picking all the skills that everyone says it's good!
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey My paladin
    I have been using a paladin since level 45 i looked up ViolentSaint's Thread and it help i am level 52 right now and i like the paladin alot i have overlord cosmo set and i like that i can take on a dungeon without a bear and heal and buff myself. Paladin are the best.

ONEQUICKNINJA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by between View Post
    im only 34 so far but i have thought about it alot. im definatly going the lowest strength and most int. my skill build will most likely look like this
    sorry i dont like bov enough to put points in it ;.; and in pvp i never have to revive so i didnt drop a point there eather xD
    id put a point on revive just incase someone dies cause u cant lvl in pvp so i go to pve alot. also the blessing cause its a buff.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    I played pure INT Mage up through level 50 but (before the rebalance update) I got tired of dying constantly in AO3. I had full cosmos gear and would get one shot killed by any Boss. The Bears seemed to dominate everything so I raised a bear to level 50 with full Rift Gear and it seemed like nothing could kill me but I missed the the AOE and heal/resurrect of the mage so I respected to dual int/str with a cosmos/rift sets (later switched to Hate gear) to give it a try - I loved being a pally!! I could actually survive boss attacks and live to heal and resurrect the team Then after the rebalance update the pally build dominates! I could lead the charge on just about any attack and had frequent comments from other players that I was the best tank they ever played with.

The 1.7 update has been interesting and makes me wonder if the developers aren't trying to push everyone back to being pure... I went into it the first few days of the Sewers as strictly Palladin but now play pure mage more often on certain maps unless the group lacks a tank and I will switch (I have 4 saved builds for str or int base, best so I can swith instantly from mage to pally). With so many firetraps and mobs around firetraps on some of the levels, I prefer the range weapons so the auto-attack doesn't pull me back and forth over firetraps or into larger mobs. One blast from a firetrap could kill me even as a palladin. I rarely ever used mana shield in the past, but use it frequently now on every Sewer map to navigate the horribly annoying firetraps. Also The new pink STR gear (Fury gear) has no mana regen so I bought a ring to add +3 m/s and still use the Hate helmet (armor on the new helmets stink) and puts me at 8 m/s as a pally or 38 m/s as pure INT.

I'm still learning to play the new dungeons so I am switching a lot and trying both to see what I prefer.

My skill build is:
    6 0 6 1
    6 4 6 6
    6 1 6 6

-Addicted
    Great skills!

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

I'm a wisp of cloud floating around somewhere
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Relatively new to the game, character is lv 26. I'm not sure if my specs qualify me as a paladin, in fact, I don't really know what I am I am an enchantress with STR128, DEX7, INT13. Skills so far are
    6-0-6-5
    6-0-0-0
    0-0-0-2

I will probably re-spec my revive to 1 and distribute the other 4 points elsewhere (any suggestions?).

My style of play is go in hit them hard with weapons and skills (Lightning/Firestorm/Heal - usually in that order), stay in, finish the job :P

Currently using
    Redbone Warrior Helm of Blood (lv 21, 5 Str, 2% hit, 2 Damage, 8 Armor)
    Board and Nail of Legend (lv 19, 59-78 Damage, 0.7 Speed, 7 Str, 1% Dodge, 3% Hit, 2H/s, 2 Armor)
    Bone Plate (lv 25, 18 Armor) - Will switch to Conqueror's Bone Plate once I get to lv 29 (7 Str, 2% Dodge, 4% Hit, 2% Crit, 1 H/s, 2 Damage, 20 Armor)
    Hero's Square Hardwood Shield (lv 24, 1 Str, 1% Dodge, 11 Armor)
    Fine Iron Band of Life (lv 20, 20 Health, 1 H/s, 1 M/s, 4 Damage)

Now, my questions.
    1) What is the highest I should set my STR at? Should I be looking at putting points elsewhere too?
    2) What are your thoughts on what I should do moving forward? I know each person has a different style of play. Given that I just go in and try to mow everything down, I'm more than happy to receive any kind of comments. By the way, I'm still not used to the lingo so go easy on me

This setup has worked quite well if I'm going solo, but of course, I'm always looking to do better. All your comments are much appreciated!