Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    You want farmable mythic pet will mythic recipe pendant is quite deadly and is really good can't do any record without one nor can you do a record without arcane ring.
    Didn't we get 3:09 pure arena with me wearing a blood ruby? lol
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think sts should pay some sought of attention towards to those players who can afford and who can't afford despite of this realising lots of arcane pets have created a huge gap between rich and poor but if sts should realise something which could solve this issue coz it's already a rat race for arcane stuff 😬😬
    IT"S NOT OVER TILL IT IS OVER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Small suggestion here, but, maybe for all pets that can "banish", let them "banish" Nekro's shield in PVP....?
    You do realise that sns pools banish right? Its an endless cycle xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    You do realise that sns pools banish right? Its an endless cycle xD
    LOL LIA, yea which then lead back to SNS being Over Power then nerf thread then etc etc etc endless cycle indeed hahaha. Wait but Lia you can avoid from getting into sns pool xD hehe.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Again Zeus, this thread is not about timed runs. Please read the OP before posting.

@ your comments... we are not on the same page in terms of timed runs, so please do not couple me with you. Also, seeing as you have 22,000 posts on this forums you should be aware that using guild names/players on the forums in any ill manner is against the rules, so please keep that off of the this thread. I will not be getting into an argument with you as you commonly do on threads. Moving on.
    I noticed usage of time runs as a reference so I wanted to clarify that times in the beginning of the season mean nothing. They are always wiped, redone, etc. Therefore, one cannot use them as a reference that pets were the reason that one's timeds for wiped.

I am aware of the forum rules. I am complimenting DM, not insulting them. Thank you!
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

hey a question? if 2 SNS on both team. How do you distinguish which pool is your team?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersyan View Post
    hey a question? if 2 SNS on both team. How do you distinguish which pool is your team?
    There will be a small circle inside the pool with your team color (red or blue), but honestly, it distinguishing the difference is super hard, so just staying out of all pools except the green ones is your best bet.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

We got new arcane pets for days and still no new mythic ring to bridge the gap between Blood Ruby and Rendtail ring users.

#priorities #can we focus on gear again pls
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    It was an attempt to continue the samael era
    I do not own a Samael (and have no interest in buying one), it was more of a leap into to finding viable counters for the Nekro shield.
    Last edited by Visiting; 04-23-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I see. But Grimm shouldn't be able to banish a 50m shield. Imo, this pet is already becoming very common. Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    Are you suggesting that a mythic rarity pet shouldn't have even a chance to surpass an arcane pet?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I see. But Grimm shouldn't be able to banish a 50m shield. Imo, this pet is already becoming very common. Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    Shiny, not to derail your point or to criticize you personally, but I think the logic you are using exemplifies the delusion that a lot of forumers have about Arcane Legends. A vast majority of forum posts are from the perspective of those who have been playing for a long period of time, and those who tend to gather real influence in the forums are often very rich in game. What we fail to realize is that most of Arcane Legend players are very poor. We often hear about the incredible amount of downloads that AL gets from the various stores, but in all honesty where are those players now? The customer retention in AL seems extremely low (meaning that people who download and try AL tend to quit more often than they keep playing). Customer retention should be one of the top priorities of any company.

Point being, that a vast majority of the threads in the General Discussion and Player vs Player address items that will help the top percentage of players, and is not representing the average player base. Your point below really exemplifies this. When I play TDM/CTF, I feel terrible for the average player who has no chance. When I run elites with randoms they are so vastly undergeared, and undereducated about the best tips/tricks that I literally wonder why they even bother playing.
    Most teams I'm on (pve & pve) have 2-3 nekros already. In a few months it will cost 20m and half of Arlor will own one.
    With no income, and nothing profitable except Arena - which if you've played with legendary gear and mediocre experience will end up costing you a ton of ankhs - what do players have to look forward to? I loved the Halloween event because it actually gave players something notable to work towards. Grim!

Now what do they have? Planar Tombs? Locked Crates? zzz

I really behoove everyone on this forum to think about the future of our game and realize that we as the dedicated and active player base need to do more to promote the growth of this game by encouraging updates that will benefit all, not just us.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    You know that the thing where both teams can't flag at the same time is just a gimmick by sts that was added thinking they will prevent free flagging and promote real ctf? Show me another game of ctf where you cannot flag at the same time as the opponent.
    World of Warcraft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

My rogue, which I use to farm the Arena, is fully legendary. My rogue has a legendary expedition bow, it has icescale armor and helm and my pet is blinky. I use a haunted ring most of the time. This is an extremely inexpensive setup. This toon has looted multiple recipes. Enough recipes that any new player with the same setup as me can earn millions within a few months. It's up to them if they want to put in the time to farm. Most people don't put in the time and then they make a thread here saying stuff like, "did recipe get nerfed? I farmed for 5 hours and got nothing."
    You are a well-known player. I'm not as well-known as you are, but I still get invites for Arena/Tombs, if I happen to run with more or less the same gear described above; e.g. when my main gear is upgrading.

Now imagine a player who only has this one toon with an expe bow and an icescale set. He doesn't have a (near) maxed mage alt. He doesn't have a myth bow or a planar pendant upgrading. He probably doesn't have many strong friends either. He runs with other similarly geared players, mostly pugs, and he spends much more ankhs and pots than you or me.

So, please. Spare us those fairy tales about the multiple recipes that anyone can farm and get maxed in a few months.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    You are a well-known player. I'm not as well-known as you are, but I still get invites for Arena/Tombs, if I happen to run with more or less the same gear described above; e.g. when my main gear is upgrading.

Now imagine a player who only has this one toon with an expe bow and an icescale set. He doesn't have a (near) maxed mage alt. He doesn't have a myth bow or a planar pendant upgrading. He probably doesn't have many strong friends either. He runs with other similarly geared players, mostly pugs, and he spends much more ankhs and pots than you or me.

So, please. Spare us those fairy tales about the multiple recipes that anyone can farm and get maxed in a few months.
    i made a rogue after i was frustrated with the tank performance in arena (which has greatly improved after the buff), icescale gear, standard jewelry, exp bow and blinky as pet. you can very well run arena with that setup and farm recipes. ravagerx runs a similar setup i think on his rogue. i do run with very mixed parties and there are a lot of ways to save ankhs (breeze, kelvin, study halis great guide,...)
    it s always a bit of a ankh vs run time situation, but yes, you can indeed run arena with medium gear in everyones reach. just don t expect record times.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

How do people read huge huge comments? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post

Well said. When my mage was in legendary gear started running arena. Heard all the gushing about farming it. Had NO idea what I was getting in to.

Yes, once players get the knack for it, it's viable to farm with low ankh usage. But that first two weeks of trying killed it for me. For 2 weeks myself and
    3 guildies in a similar situation tried farming it. And in that two weeks while we figured it out all four of us went through ~25 ankhs per RUN. And in those two weeks between all four of us the best drop we saw was reinforced gems. Of those, we got 4 cumulatively between us. Other than that, junk.

2 quit AL straight up. "If this is end game farming why bother playing at end game." 1 won't set foot in arena anymore because even 500k is a lot of gold to someone that only plays a couple hours a day instead of 140/168 hours in a week, and he just can't get a leg up to afford it.

Point; end game farming is for people who have put enough time in to be the elite 5% and they are more vocal than the majority of low end players. Something is wrong with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Lets keep the feedback constructive and on topic. When pets become more useful/valuable than ones toon itself then thats when this game will take a turn for the worse(for the rich). How much is full gear compared to the price of sns or even nekro. The ring is the only character item that compares to the value. Also would you rather be on the team with 4 but having a nekro/sns and rest samaels or be on the team with 5 toons but all samaels(thats an extra pet and player i have to admit its now become less about gear and more about the pet. Ive seen toons sell their ring and get a nekro. Its now become ither have an op pet or you cant compete. Even i have 2 toons with sam and one with maridos max geared but if i vs or compete against nekros and sns in pvp without having one or even one on my team it feels like the pet is most of the difference when we/I lose, not because the other team is more skilled. Even though they might be.. that even adds to the fire lol. I pvp quite a bit and if i see a toon without a good arcane pet then i will rush them and be very surprised if i lost the fight. Pets in this game our like cars in real life. They have became the most important item, and show your "status" in game. We might as well start riding them ;D lol
    I freestyled all of the above so please dont critique it too hard i think sts should not make pets more useful/valuable than the average or even maxed geared player, what do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

To clarify my point, if we dont want to increase drop rates, if we don't want to add new rewards, we should have the arena scaled explicitly to player STATS, not level. Make it as hard for the arcane/mythic players so we burn through the same amount of ankhs or as easy for legendary players so they can burn through less.

Make the rewards fit the risks d expense output.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Sorry, but arena is simply not a viable way to earn money. The parties I run with cost me about 1-2 ankh per run on an average, and the only way for me to cut my pot and ankh cost is through reinforced gems. I have terrible luck and I know it, so this may not be the case for all players, but I have run over 1000 runs without seeing a recipe drop. I do solo and duo every Noe and then, so let's say my average party consists of 3 players. That's 3000 runs where I have not seen a hint of that damn recipe. Heck, in 3000 runs I would expect to see someone loot a fossil. Often, I can't even loot a reinforced gem in the 15-20 arena chests I can farm per ankh kit.

Planar tombs, at least, gives me an assured 100k profit from selling a tomb chest every 20 runs. Due to lack of new content however, end game farming is dead. For a while, magmatic claymores of assault sold for 500-700k. Very profitable to farm. Nowadays, nobody uses those, so its become relatively worthless. Planar weapons are so dead I melt the ones I loot of gift them to under geared players. Another idiotic thing, IMO, is these pet crates. Shadowlurk was one of the last profitable eggs that people could farm for reasonable profits, and it just got destroyed by the pet crate.

Even of sts doesn't have the time to make new content, they can update the loot table. I believe it was candylicks who made a suggestions for keys for locked crates to drop from elites. They could make para and eye gems a incredibly rare drop from pt3 boss. Make some bonus bosses like krunch and bael II for elite maps that drop gear that is better than your run of the mill crate legendary. GIVE US A NEW MYTHIC RING. This arlorian eggshell band was rubbing salt in the wound of blood ruby users. Get our hopes up and then stomping on them. I'd happily farm 1000 arena chest (in batches of 250) 1000 fragments and even some dragkin teeth if it meant I could get a better ring. All I'm saying, is that from an average players (non plat) point of view, there are very very limited ways to earn gold that.does not require insane luck or a risk of loss.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHardcore View Post
    To clarify my point, if we dont want to increase drop rates, if we don't want to add new rewards, we should have the arena scaled explicitly to player STATS, not level. Make it as hard for the arcane/mythic players so we burn through the same amount of ankhs or as easy for legendary players so they can burn through less.
    Uhm no! just no! Why would anyone bother to gear up if it doesn t grant s him benefits?
    why would you farm for the new gear if you get scaled down immediately so you don t feel a difference?
    communism only works for smurf village, surely not for mmos, they are created around gear differences,....
    i run arena everyday with parties optimized for friendship and not gear, and i saw a lot of the regulas loot a recipe by now.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post: