Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The ULTIMATE PvP Class Guide, ALL SPECS AND ALL CLASSES COVERED.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Pvp on this game is deffective and needs work. You guys are going way too in depth for an iPod game

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Pvp on this game is deffective and needs work. You guys are going way too in depth for an iPod game
    1) It has been out for all of 12 hours. Safe to say we'll be tweaking it.
    2) Distinct your efforts are MUCH appreciated and very helpful for our tweaks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    1: Like I said in another post a few minutes ago, when 1.1 came out, there were a few bugs. Then you and the rest of the team went on a patching spree, and within a day or two the game was bugfree and better than ever before.

2: I was mostly doing it for me and other fellow PvP'ers, but it's great that you can use it to your advantage when ballancing the PvP system further.
    Distincthood - 35 Archer
    Dodgethis - 35 Warrior
    Magica - 35 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    As it may not be the best I know you guys will change that.
    I have no doubt in you guys whatsover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Distinct. Alot of what you noted here is accurate, some of it is not.

The Int mage with some dex or str is not as weak as you claim. 1v1 they are at a disadvantage, but if you do a pure nuke build, they can compete with archers. I respeced my mage with 111 int and 75 dex, with every damage spell (5 frostbite and 1 icstorm, 5 fire 5 lightning 5 drainlife) and did suprising well. with magic shield, drainlife and heal i was very hard to kill at times, and did solid damage. The debuff/buff/heal mages are support and greatly improve a party, but alone they dont do as well.

My tests with 2h vs trident shield warrior were different than yours. Done properly they are nearly even, but the advantage is on the 2h warriors side. I did 6 fights with rannos. With 2h he won 3 and i won 2 with trident (the last one i got distracted by vent and he killed me, but i didnt could it cause i didn't use buffs for awhile). As for group combat, the shield warrior does much less burst damage than the 2h warrior, but has a very high survivability. The 2h warrior has less survivability, but enough to not die if a healer is in his group. However the 2h warrior does the best burst damage, along with bow archers when they throw out all their skills.

Bowbears are very good, and overall better than archers, but the don't have as much burst damage due to their skills being melee.

Edit: i have to edit to state this again. 2h bears are the last thing you want to face against a organized group, and are imho better than 1h. 1h bears dont have the burst damage to drop their enemies in the same way. They just last forever, but we just end up ignoring them and targeting the archers and Enchantressess
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-26-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Distinct. Alot of what you noted here is accurate, some of it is not.

The Int mage with some dex or str is not as weak as you claim. 1v1 they are at a disadvantage, but if you do a pure nuke build, they can compete with archers. I respeced my mage with 111 int and 75 dex, with every damage spell (5 frostbite and 1 icstorm, 5 fire 5 lightning 5 drainlife) and did suprising well. with magic shield, drainlife and heal i was very hard to kill at times, and did solid damage. The debuff/buff/heal mages are support and greatly improve a party, but alone they dont do as well.
    I'm sorry, but I completely disagree.

They will not stand a chance against an Archer, let alone be able to compete with them.

Like I said, I did my tests well.
    And like I also said, ANYONE is free to challenge my Archer with your Enchantress.
    This includes you. I actually think it'd help me prove my point.

Normal PvP has a Rock-Paper-Scissor thing going on.

So far here we have:
    Warriors > Archers > Enchantress's
    Distincthood - 35 Archer
    Dodgethis - 35 Warrior
    Magica - 35 Enchantress