Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you want to see in the expansion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I wanna see some Odle-Yodler like quests in the new expansion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

* An additional currency that can ONLY be purchased with real world cash (not available from free offers so theoretically no way to abuse it). Let us have the ability to use this new currency for minor power up items and/or special vanity items. The special items could be non-tradeable. Again, minor bump ups, nothing game changing, but a ring or amuletmight be nice, the egg rings were on the right path.

* Allow us to stash additional currencies. I have a ton of dragkin teeth and ankhs that are on the characters that least need them, would love to be able to transfer them to my more used characters.

* Updates on the items offered for sale by the various currency vendors (ie bard token, hauntlet token etc. Selection is currently not all that great)

* Wings, more vanity wings!
    Last edited by PhoenixPrime; 05-04-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    The problem is that they need to figure out how to make it too difficult for rogues to do it without other classes, yet people complain endlessly when things are made difficult. Therefore the cycle is as follows:

> STS releases hard content to try and make warriors necessary

> Outrage ensues and people scream for a week about how "poor players" can't hack it, and geared players complain about one-hits etc

> STS reduces the difficulty level and then parties of 4 rogues once again own PvE and warriors are relegated to PvP or nothing.

> Smurfs....well they can be handy in some situations, but certainly not a necessity. With their low armour, they are a liability more often than not. (Note I am not referring to skilled mages here, regardless of gear. I know some superb mages, including some who use non-imbued legendary gear, that I would happily hunt with any day - however, these are not the majority).

The solution is not making mobs one-hit everyone.

The solution is to proceed with the skill revamp that was announced and then cancelled 8 months later. Make mage skills actually work for crowd control, and give them some way to be a true asset in a boss fight.

Make warrior skills such that having a warrior doesn't add 3 minutes to every run over having a rogue. Whether this means adding some heavy PvE debuffs to their skills or what...that's something that's already been discussed other places.
    fully agree. i like to add that the latest warrior skill boost (axe throw minus 25% armor debuff) in fact helped a lot to reduce times on bosses. i really enjoy arena runs now, having a warrior in party is not the penalty it was before. (hope the regular pheonix members i run with at least agree...)
    still rogues die as much with a warrior as they do without most of the times. yes it is possible to taunt, but good positioning of rogues helps more than the best taunting.
    i resorted to max out my damage and use nekro as an airbag, as my contribution to grab aggro still feels too small in high dps parties. the new changes are really better then credited, but whats needed now is at least a good chance for chestsplitter to interrupt the one hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't find runs easier with a warrior, personally. I consistently die more with a warrior in the party. Not as bad as before the behind-the-scenes adjustments, but it's still a fact.

Even the extremely skilled warriors, of which there are few, don't make for less deaths than a team running without. Also, only a party with a completely maxed warrior like Maarkus, Rav or Ard even has the potential to come close to the speed of an all dps team, and even then the term "close" is used very loosely.

As for mixed class parties. An arena run with a very experienced warrior and mage with 2 rogues is 2.5-3 minutes slower than a party of equally geared rogues (20+ runs per sample). This is what I mean about needing to fix the skills of other classes. People always want speed over debatably saving an ankh or two.

There are ways to make the game challenging without one-hitting everyone. This is necessary. Nobody wants to play when they are not given a chance of survival. Hopefully STS will have figured out a way to accomplish this for the new season.

Edit: I posted this before seeing your post Ard. Nicely said. PS. Chest splitter used to stun - always. It was awesome.
    Last edited by Serancha; 05-04-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.