Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
Nice post Merch. Sounds like it was a fun little adventure as well.

I agree with you that the Arena is heavily in favor of rogues. It's single bosses, so there's really no need for any other class. I will give you one pointer from something you mentioned above regarding Stahl and spiders. There's a simple solution to this for rogues. Stand in the middle of the arena and only use Nox and Aimed. You can reach Stahl from any point so there's no need to move and, hence, no spiders.

With regards to Planar Tombs, I think it is also way too easy. There's no mob density anywhere. The only place we have a little mob density is in T2 on the 2nd pull but that's not even close to enough to justify a warrior, considering how much armor Sorrax has. T3 is a total joke; people just park the big guys then they just pick the rooms & pulls that are the easiest. Even if the big guys weren't parkable, what good would a warrior or mage be? It's not like they can be frozen or rooted.

Tindirin was actually fun for a long time but it was just way too easy. STS decided to slowly release gear over the course of 1.5 years so many of the players cried that it was too hard early on and the maps got nerfed. Let's not even look at Tindirin Wilds...they absolutely ruined that map. It used to be fun. It's a joke that Nordr is harder than Tindirin and Planar Tombs / Arena.

My hopes for the future expansion are that there are a lot of very difficult, dense mobs. This will make it harder for rogues and bring more of a need for mages and warriors. I hope they don't give the boss 50 million HP and armor so that a party without a rogue can still kill the boss in a decent amount of time, relative to the time it took to clear the mobs. I want to see all of the mobs have shorter leashes so that they cannot be parked. I would like the mobs to be able to be rooted, stunned, frozen or all of the above so that mages will be needed. Make the mobs naturally draw towards rogues so that a good tank will have to keep aggro.

I hope that STS will keep some of the older maps alive and full of farmable gear so that under geared players will have something to farm when the new maps come out. I also hope they don't rush to nerf the new maps when the new under geared and lesser skilled players complain that it is too difficult.
Such hopes .....Yeah we need better mob density and small spaces so these mobs cant be run around and kited ; but rather have to be faced head on ( like wt4)
The adventure is still going on. Only reached 25 yet; gonna see how the mid-level players are fairing next