Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    You can't really have it both ways, in that even after reductions, you're still doing 20 more damage. We wanted longer matches, and thats what we got. Instead of dying in 2 shots, you're dying in 20, and in that time you've got a larger window of opportunity to play your class in a way that it works best for the situation rather than dying before that situation ever gets a chance to arise.
    I'm doing 20 more damage, but that's not what my character with his equipment was designed to do - he was designed to do 40. PvP is putting an artificial reduction on my characters abilities, basically changing the way everything works and interacts with one another. Overall, it's throwing everything out of balance and making PvP boring and generic.

In my opinion, the real way to fix this problem (and several others in the game), is to make gaining hit points level based so that you don't end up with 1st level characters having the same health as a 35th level character. That just doesn't make sense. Sure, this would require a revamp of most things in the game, but there's a reason why almost every level based RPG and MMORPG in existence uses a hit point per level system - it works! And it lets you add a lot more variety to the game without the restraints of staying within the small range of hit points characters can have.

Right now the hit points per level is supplemented with armor. Every level you can do more damage, and armor can absorb more damage. Overall, it stays even, and no matter what class you are, there's very little difference in armors for the different classes. A few points here and there, but that's really not significant. If you had a hit point system, you'd start to get big differences between the class, which is how it should be.
    Last edited by Synozeer; 05-25-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Characters: Grimglum, Azoi