Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP feedback thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synozeer View Post
    I'm doing 20 more damage, but that's not what my character with his equipment was designed to do - he was designed to do 40. PvP is putting an artificial reduction on my characters abilities, basically changing the way everything works and interacts with one another. Overall, it's throwing everything out of balance and making PvP boring and generic.
    Actually, nothing has changed except the timeline. Before, you used to do 40 extra damage in 5 seconds. Now, you do 40 extra damage in 10 seconds. You still have the same difference in damage across classes, you have simply changed the time table.

The only thing this really effects is skill based spike damage, because you have to deal with recasts. There are really only a very few skills that have significant timers, though, and most of those are defensive.

Also, I just did small test in the game where I sat there with my Sniper's Bayou Bow and shot at a warrior (he was helping with the test) without him attacking back and couldn't kill him. 3 minutes later and he was still fine.
    I call shenanigans, seeing as how I just went through a pvp round where I specifically targeted the warriors... and I was able to kill them... with Scabby Heavy Crossbow. Took me a while, but then... it's a bloody tank - it SHOULD take me a while. They survive. That's kinda the point...

Not to mention, these are not 1v1 pvp arenas. They are 3v3 and 5v5. At the moment, they are being played like a bunch of crazies running around with hatchets, hacking at the first thing they see. Eventually, you will wind up with groups that work together, that coordinate attacks, that have certain characters assigned certain roles, that focus fire, and that keep each other alive. When a group of 3 or 5 focus fires on that tank friend of yours, I guarantee you he will drop before he knows he is under attack... especially if they coordinate spikes.

Bam! Headshot!
    Last edited by Sicarii; 05-25-2010 at 04:26 PM.