Thread: Ummmmmm :o

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

You will have a tough time as a 75 int mage. It will be relatively OP against other squishy classes and characters depending on your skill/knowledge, but any str you have a very tough chance of winning.

It depends on your play style. For me as a 77 INT mage, I like to use NO debuffs and focus on everything else damage related. So my build usually consists of:

-9 on both buffs
    -9 Mana Shield
    -7 Heal
    -9 Fire, Frostbite, Lightning
    -Anything ranging from 5 to 9 in both Drain Life and Ice... I usually do more in drain than icestorm for a nice critical now and then
    -1 in revive
    *Make sure you go all INT

The trick is just maintaining your max distance when using all of your spells. Everyone is a pro at mastering the classic 12m range for Drain, Fire, and Frostbite. But if you can perfect your timing for lightning and Icestorm, you can evade many attacks from bears and other Pallys. As a fiery mage, you will ALMOST NEVER nuke an STR class the first time around. It's your job to chip away at their health and save that drain when they seem low... that's how you catch str users off guard. Always make sure you switch between icestorm and frost as freezing your opponent and following it up with fire (adding a 15% damage bonus when hit) is vital to winning.

That's the offensive side - defensively, you want to make sure you're timing up heal and drain (mostly heal). When I play pallys, some are awe-struck because I haven't used mana shield a single time in the fight, then kill them before they know it (as a lust user). But I do it because I heal off the initial ice they throw at me, and wait until they throw 2 (yes, exactly 2) spells before I use Drain to replenish my health. I've tested that activating Drain anytime later will result in a death, and using it too early will result in not replenishing any health (only damaging) and then you'll end up dying.

INT mage is hard to perfect at first - you just really have to fine-tune things if you're new to it!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: