Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lvl50 ancient bow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think the codex is a random "drop" from one of those Djinn mobs, not a Lesser Djinn or anything like that. Not a boss either.

I got one codex from a blue archer guy and another from I think a red warrior guy, though the 2nd one had a full group killing so I'm not positive which trash mob it was. It was not a boss though. First drop was from Ao1:3 and it was my first run doing the new quests. The 2nd one probably took like 10 runs all over Ao1, but it dropped in Ao1:2. I also did a few runs in Ao2 during this time; no codex there for me, but that's also a possibility.

The GO TO... kept taking me to Sobek's Blade, so I asked everyone who joined if they ever got a codex and if it was from there. First, most people had not dropped a codex yet, so it could be rarish. 2nd, none of them had it drop in Ao1:4. Don't know where everyone else go their drops, but it sounds like it can be various locations.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The Codex is a random drop from a standard Djinn mob.

I was farming Sobek's Blade for one, but couldn't find one so I decided to look elsewhere. I started at AO1 level 1 and worked up, and ironically it dropped when I got to level 4 - Sobek's Blade. So just keep farming wherever (not sure if AO2 maps work) until it drops.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genes View Post
    These are quest items and they can be sold?
    No they cant
    Beefymeat - Lvl 55 DexBird
    Deiacev - Lvl 31 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I could have sworn I saw people selling the armor in the CS. No idea about the bow or helm.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Armour is being sold in CS.

I'm not exactly sure why there are no weapons (understood it takes longest) and helms either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Where do you start the armor quest at? I have the sword and helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Let's Go Nanotubing" How to complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post

I'm not exactly sure why there are no weapons (understood it takes longest) and helms either.
    Weapon u got to pay by plats right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the bow gives a lot of dps... but loose crit and hit compared to a lvl 55 one. is it worth to use by bosses of BS?
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    the bow gives a lot of dps... but loose crit and hit compared to a lvl 55 one. is it worth to use by bosses of BS?
    I've taken it for a ride, but a pure set makes no sense, especially because of the crit.
    IF you want to use it, the best combination would be with a RR cap and leather, as well as a ring for additional defense (or you could use the 2 crit/8 damage ring, depending on your style of play, but be ready to spam pot).
    It's not half bad. I like the 0.7 speed, but I wouldn't use it for anything else except for fooling around.
    IGN: adwinp

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

That's because the Mystery equips should not be tradable. It's a quest item just like the Cyber equips - so the armor being sold in the CS is a glitch. Notice how the helm and the weapon can be liquidated for 0 gold (just like the Cyber equips) but the armor can be liquidated for 158 gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adwin View Post
    I've taken it for a ride, but a pure set makes no sense, especially because of the crit.
    IF you want to use it, the best combination would be with a RR cap and leather, as well as a ring for additional defense (or you could use the 2 crit/8 damage ring, depending on your style of play, but be ready to spam pot).
    It's not half bad. I like the 0.7 speed, but I wouldn't use it for anything else except for fooling around.
    I took the new dex set for a spin in the Sewers. I used a 2 dodge/8 armor ring to get armor up to 85, because the 77 armor in the Sewers was not cutting it. Even at 85 armor, it was noticeably different than having 90+ armor, to me. The low crit un-Focused is noticeable, although you do a fair amout of damage because of the 0.7 weapon speed. I used less health pots running in between mobs because of the 33 h/s, but I used a lot more mana pots because of the 0 m/s. I switched to the 2 crit/10 damage ring for the boss, and it seemed to work all right, although I was with a good party and I couldn't really tell if I made a difference more than I normally might.

All comes down to, do you like good h/s over crit and m/s for your style of play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Where did you test that out?
    the result will be totally different in the hideout compared to roach or catacombs.
    These 2 stages require a different strategy and I found myself really straining with the set.
    A mix came out so-so, but still, the best combination for me is roach-sewer or roach-sewer-bagman
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

That is because Catacombs and Roach generally require different tactics anyway for archer survivability's sake to begin with, which I was I often use a talon/wing set there for the majority of the level unless some great mages are along. I would never use a bow set with <85 armor for those two levels, or an archer will have a tough time staying alive unless they are hanging in the back and/or jamming pots to the point of distracting from killing.

Ran it repeatedly in Stronghold and Hideout and only died once on several runs, and it was because of my own sloppiness.

It is basically Henchman's with more h/s and less armor. I usually run pure Custom or my oddball set of Crown of Pers/Scarab/Underling, which is a decent mix'n'match set for my style. But the Mystery set is doable on probably most AO3 levels and some Sewer lvls with the right armor ring, if someone can't afford the higher dollar equipment and they don't mind jamming some mana pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I say we need a quest set for sewers, where alot of new players can't afford 3 million dollar Mage sets, etc. It would help out alot of people and slow inflammation of the PL dollar. However, I think there needs to be a dungeon with god gear that is extremely rare- I mean super super rare.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Havent fully finished (40/43), got dex armor and helm, and I can stash both, trade armor but not helm
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Ah, no wonder why I've only seen armours.

Mustn't be a big deal, since they could have fixed it by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    I say we need a quest set for sewers, where alot of new players can't afford 3 million dollar Mage sets, etc. It would help out alot of people and slow inflammation of the PL dollar. However, I think there needs to be a dungeon with god gear that is extremely rare- I mean super super rare.
    they will come, thats why we all are at 26/30 quests
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....