Thread: Season 1 questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My first day in AL I got a bit lucky and while leveling up in the Rooks Nest (non-elite) I looted a Flap Jack egg. In season 1 he was one of the best pets due to his big health and mana regen. In season 1, sorcerers only got their health from STR points (DEX and INT didn't give health points until season 2), so with max health of around 400-500 points, Flap Jacks's regen was pretty OP.

But in general, it was difficult to get started. As a sorcerer, I found that between Flap Jack's regen and using Lifegiver, I rarely needed potions, so that helped. The big farming dungeon during season 1 (and season 2 also) was Elite Jarl. People would run to Jarl, kill him in about 2 minutes, and then restart. There were always random players running that dungeon, so you never had to find a party. It's the one time in AL I can remember where you didn't need a party to run elite.

The elite chests were (and still are) non-tradable, so you had no choice but to open them. And if you looted a legendary item, it was definitely worth at least a few thousand gold. I can remember looting a ranger armor for rogue after a couple of weeks of playing and selling it for 600k. Once I did that I was able to purchase a flamestrike which was the best sorcerer weapon (there were no guns yet as locked crates were not introduced until season 2).

Overall season 1 only lasted a few weeks, and then they added the dead city dungeons and season 2 started. Only first place on the leaderboards were given a banner, which is why season 1 banners are so rare. Starting in season 2 they made it so that the top 25 all got banners.

As for earning gold in season 1, I can remember doing the Kraag tombs daily quests every day which earned 500 gold for the first and 1k for the second. 1500 gold back then was decent, and between that and the 3 different bards quests there were back then, it earned around 2k.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-13-2015 at 08:58 PM.