Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does STG plan to give up AL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to brush off CoC... the game is great, and the community over there is extremely vibrant and exciting, everyone is addicted and the game hasn't even fully launched!
    I lost my addiction to CoC ever since i played CoC BETA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Their plan from the beginning was to do a few quick expansions to grow the game, and then slow it down. I don't think the game needs a new expansion every 2-3 months as long as there are these events. Some of the events have been tons of fun, while others such as this past one were a bit boring. So it really depends on what we have to do in the middle. Also, some of the expansions have nice long term goals which makes it much more fun. Working on the imbued set was certainly a lot of fun and made running the tombs last season fun for quite some time. As long as I keep having stuff to work on (besides flagging), then I will enjoy the game. The day when I feel like there is nothing left to do, that is when I get bored.
    It's the refusal to make the old maps viable that I don't understand. They spent a pile of time and money on those maps but now they say "we won't scale those because we're working on new stuff". The reason they figured they could slow down development after the first few seasons was because there would be ample content for people to keep busy playing.

Now all that content is sitting there unplayable, and we are stuck with 3 maps to play while they make events and dribble out content bit by bit. The reason people are frustrated is because they don't want to run the same couple of maps endlessly. Might as well be sitting in a cubicle in an office.

The game is designed to provide different feels and experiences. To eliminate all the old content from viability because they plan to dribble out more content once it's developed is illogical.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It's the refusal to make the old maps viable that I don't understand. They spent a pile of time and money on those maps but now they say "we won't scale those because we're working on new stuff". The reason they figured they could slow down development after the first few seasons was because there would be ample content for people to keep busy playing.

Now all that content is sitting there unplayable, and we are stuck with 3 maps to play while they make events and dribble out content bit by bit. The reason people are frustrated is because they don't want to run the same couple of maps endlessly. Might as well be sitting in a cubicle in an office.

The game is designed to provide different feels and experiences. To eliminate all the old content from viability because they plan to dribble out more content once it's developed is illogical.
    I don't know why they don't take a lesson from their model in PL. In PL tons of older maps were still viable to farm. The problem in AL is that the stuff that drops on older maps is no longer anything good. You don't have to scale stuff to a higher level to make it interesting. There are plenty of twinks at many different levels who play the game. You just have to have stuff drop that is as good as or equal to the best twink gear. The problem is that in an effort to sell locked crates and energy kits, every event and every time they add new gear to locked crates, they try to improve the gear over the previous gear to keep demand up. So in the end you have super OP twinks and the gear that actually drops from the maps is terrible in comparison. If you were to take a look at what was the best elite legendary level 16 gear during season 1 and compare it to what the best is now, it would not even be close. And furthermore, that level 16 elite legendary gear no longer drops on any map because the maps have since been scaled up a couple of times.

IMO they should have never scaled any elite maps and should have left them as is. Then those old maps would still be viable places to farm. The only items that are still viable to farm on older maps are pet eggs. It would have been nice if there were other desired items as well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I love the older maps not sure why but they just seem much cooler nodr and dead city are my favorite. I would love for the elites from older aps to b scaled up and have new drops from them that im sure many would love and think we all need to keep leting sts know thats what we want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't know why they don't take a lesson from their model in PL. In PL tons of older maps were still viable to farm. The problem in AL is that the stuff that drops on older maps is no longer anything good. You don't have to scale stuff to a higher level to make it interesting. There are plenty of twinks at many different levels who play the game. You just have to have stuff drop that is as good as or equal to the best twink gear. The problem is that in an effort to sell locked crates and energy kits, every event and every time they add new gear to locked crates, they try to improve the gear over the previous gear to keep demand up. So in the end you have super OP twinks and the gear that actually drops from the maps is terrible in comparison. If you were to take a look at what was the best elite legendary level 16 gear during season 1 and compare it to what the best is now, it would not even be close. And furthermore, that level 16 elite legendary gear no longer drops on any map because the maps have since been scaled up a couple of times.

IMO they should have never scaled any elite maps and should have left them as is. Then those old maps would still be viable places to farm. The only items that are still viable to farm on older maps are pet eggs. It would have been nice if there were other desired items as well.
    If those old sets still dropped they would be worth nothing by now and not worth farming. The only sets that retain their value are the discontinued ones. Anything that still drops from stages isn't worth much at all.

At least scaled up weapons would give them some uses on current stages. Kraken and higher elite weapons had some amazing procs and stats.