Someone said it a while back, but having two different bonuses would solve some of the problems.
In all pvp maps rogues could have an extra hp pack or maybe 2 mana packs, one of the two, random chance between them both. Mages ice could actually freeze enemies like breeze does or maybe an aoe chance on any lightning hit, not just on killing an enemy, to hit 2 other targets. Tanks could have a 50% chance to reduce the cooldown time of jugg or have a 100% chance to stun on axe. (I don't pvp so much anymore, plug in whatever perks you'd like)
In every other map, towns and dailies etc also, rogues could have a snare and bleed or interrupt/short stun on razor, or a pull/stun on sss. Mages could have lightning stun work on bosses, a banish chance on charges lightning (only the initial hit) or give clock a short stun like gloom's aa when it ends, possibly a 50% armor reduction on curse. Tanks could have a 30% chance to lengthen the duration of the shield on HoR to last 6-10 seconds, or have a 100% chance on windmill to pull enemies like traps, or a 30% damage bonus to players affected by rally cry.
Some substantial bonus to warrior in pve may very well solve the problem with tanks being left out of pve nowadays, a 30% dmg bonus or a lengthy protection against damage would mean there's more of a likelihood they'll be included in runs, a problem that has arisen lately. With set bonuses given to skills that aren't cookie cutter aimed nox pierce/fire clock ice/heal cs jugg wm, perhaps it'll provide some variation to the game instead of everyone using essentially the same build.
Not even going to comment on the stats, sts will change them or they won't, either way I'm happy with something new for a change whether they're 'best' or not. (I still switch out the goblin ring and wild amulet sometimes for fun lighting up like a Christmas tree, I couldn't care less about having the most op stats all the time, I like having fun)
Just my 2 cents