Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Duplicate Scam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    This scammer hit a friend of mine too and the loss nearly made him quit AL. Everything Candy said about cultivating trust over some period of time (my friend knew the scammer during 2x teeth event) is true. While I agree that this is a lesson in itself to the victim, the fact that the scammer is still around after we reported them is infuriating. If STS will do nothing to stop these scammers, the least we can do is spread this knowledge. Good call, Candy. The knights will hear of this.
    Yes agree with you. I don't get how the scammer is still around after multiple people had reported them. STS is either slacking or don't care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodcurler View Post
    I really don't think you are getting the point here. Scammers are bad for the game. We all can agree to that, but in THIS PARTICULAR scamming (DUPLICATING ITEMS SCAM) I really hope you and your guild don't condolence your guildies to try and duplicating items at all because that IS against STS TOS rules. If i were the GM or officers in that guild. I would boot the so call victims too. Cheating is bad for the game ok? get it? got it? Good thnx bye
    Lol oke bye..but still you don't seem to get the point of it being kids and excited..but i also get what you mean that it is against to rules. Hope we can keep it with this lol.

I'll see ya all in game on time or another sleep time here know so g'night .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE TOUCH 4033D met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

Just you know try and keep the thread cool, it doesn't matter to me who would or would not kick people who are victims of scamming in their guild. Not my business! All we want is to say hey this guy is out there, here is what it looks like, and pass the word around. Like I said, Blood is legit guy here and even though we don't agree on some points we DO agree that the scam is really wrong and we need to bring awareness.

We got this guys. We really do! Great traction and I think more people will think twice if approached in this fashion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Something like this has been going on for probably 2 years or more.

This is actually just another variation on old RL scams: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_confidence_tricks

There have always been people who want to blame the victim also. I suppose that would certainly be cheaper for our government -- no more regulations necessary, no more SEC, etc. The Bernie Madoffs can rejoice since it will be buyer beware.

In general though, this is not how we choose to run our world. The marketplace is not a free-for-all and whatever-you-scam-you-keep. This scam is just another confidence trick with a few flowers, hats, and rabbits thrown in.

In terms of this game world:

Do not be fooled just because someone looks like a trusted person. If someone is trying to get your items, they are not your trusted person. Trusted people just do not do that. Good people do not behave that way. Of course, it also means it's more difficult to find the culprits if you do not have screenshots, since a bit of inattention and you will end up blaming the wrong perosn.

Be sure to screenshot everythiing involving a high value item and Trade or Give. It does not matter what other fireworks surround the action, if it involves Give or Trade on a high value item, Screenshot it.

Neighborhood watches work in RL as well. GL all!

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Ty for posting it here though candy, will make sure to share it with my guild.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #46
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the report. If anyone claims to have a hack, cheat etc. just report and ignore them! These people are simply trying to gain unauthorized access to your account. Also keep in mind that in game issues such as scams need to be handed via support.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post: