Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Have the planar tombs been buffed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys,

There was no scaling or change to the current levels, however we did pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions. I think the only time you would "feel" the difference is in a group of 3 or 4 people, however I would agree with an earlier poster that it's conjecture.
    Could anybody please explain what that means? I don't quite get that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    Could anybody please explain what that means? I don't quite get that.
    Sounds to me like: We didn't scale anything but we buffed a few maps due to new top levels.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So rogues can still solo it the same but it'll be harder with a warrior in a big party.. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Hey guys,

There was no scaling or change to the current levels, however we did pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions. I think the only time you would "feel" the difference is in a group of 3 or 4 people, however I would agree with an earlier poster that it's conjecture.
    What does this even mean? Can't we get a straight answer? After all we waited pretty long for a reply here. And this : "I think the only time you would "feel" the difference is in a group of 3 or 4 people, however I would agree with an earlier poster that it's conjecture." really makes no sense at all. First u say we would feel the difference, then that it were conjecture?!

Anyway there is not a single person on my f-list, which is full of recruiters and officers from the top guilds, nor there s anyone in our guild (Elite Runners) who doesn't agree that the maps have been secretly buffed. If you would claim it were conjecture, maybe you should look into it and see if there isn't a unexpected bug.

Thank you in advance for clarifying your reply and for looking into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Hey guys,

Before the buff (it did happen), I could take wind-up red zone hits from the giants (not the slide attack). Now, all giant redzone attacks are instant kills for me. That's a dead giveaway that the damage increased.

Thank you for looking into this. I realize that with all the updates, changes (intended or unintended) can get lost in the shuffle.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 09-28-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

So that's what it was, I'm dying from redzone even in normal now lol
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

hard to understand from the statement from STS sounds like beating round the bush and square one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Hey guys,

It is not conjecture that T2 has been buffed. I used to solo this in 11 minutes and now 17 minutes, using the same gear and pets. It seems you guys may have buffed the armour and mob hits. Those dogs can insta-kill now. Feel free to run T2 with level 46 stats and you shall see. Not sure about other maps but T2 is now a beast.

The majority is telling you that T2 seems buffed/scaled and you allude to one guys post who we don't even know runs this map or not. You guys have def tampered with the parameters of T2. Perhaps you guys have issue with people soloing this map with ease i.e ankh free runs hence the ninja buff.

If you still think its conjecture, I openly invite you to duo this map with me. You must remove your god mode stats and become level 46.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 09-28-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

There seems to be a misunderstanding about my use of the word conjecture. Earlier in the thread, I referred to a comment where the commenter suggested (without evidence) that the tombs had been buffed in order to get players to spend more on ankhs. That's what I meant by "conjecture". I thought it was an accusation without merit, baseless.

I wasn't referring to people's observation that the Planar Tombs had become harder as conjecture. Sorry for any confusion, but if you see my post above where I used the word conjecture, you'll see I was referring to what I quoted, a specific comment with which I disagreed.

At any rate, I don't see why the difficulty being adjusted in planar tombs would be a problem. For example, the straight line charge attack of the giants and their conical smash down attack were deadly at 41 cap and I have no problem with them being this way at 46. After all they're red zones.

Tombs aren't supposed to be a cake walk. So it makes sense to me if devs did "pad out the top end of our levels to accommodate the new higher levels players can reach in Ren'gol and in future expansions". Maybe some heads-up from devs on this sort of adjustment on the future could prevent some people's surpise on encountering it. But like I said I do agree with it being adjusted to keep it challenging enough.
    Last edited by kananaskis; 09-29-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    There was no buff so to say, but rather a scaling up of the maps to accommodate the current ecpansion. We were running a map scaled to level 41 but I think they fixed that after the update for (forgot date).
    The color of the dot next to the enemy health indicated that the mobs had indeed been scaled up before, and the mobs did hit harder and have more health at 46 after the expansion. If the difficulty has been increased for scaling, that's not what Carapace seems to be saying. (Not entirely clear, though.)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Carapace said there was no scaling yet there's a blue dot next to the enemy health bar like Edward said, which means mobs have been scaled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuorsyra View Post
    Carapace said there was no scaling yet there's a blue dot next to the enemy health bar like Edward said, which means mobs have been scaled.
    I should have been clearer. The blue dot was there immediately after the expansion, indicating that planar tombs had in fact been scaled. And there was a noticeable difference in mob and boss damage. However, recently, there was an even greater increase in damage. Now, all giant redzone attacks kill me, and the wolves are way more deadly. There was certainly a second buff that came recently.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I should have been clearer. The blue dot was there immediately after the expansion, indicating that planar tombs had in fact been scaled. And there was a noticeable difference in mob and boss damage. However, recently, there was an even greater increase in damage. Now, all giant redzone attacks kill me, and the wolves are way more deadly. There was certainly a second buff that came recently.
    Ok I didn't notice that the dot turned blue immediately after the expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Padded out also for future expansions, nebulous.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey guys,

Carapace its normal that when I solo Pt2 I get 13k crit from giants ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dreuidiie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Bumping this thread.
    Sts hasn't answered some of our questions here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hmmm it just been scaled.. That all..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrizal Rahimy View Post
    Hmmm it just been scaled.. That all..
    Edward Coug said that Planar Tombs were scaled after the new Ren' Gol expansion, but then there was a second buff with Northal's first update. The mobs' dmg and armor had been increased again...
    Please STS look into this!!! And answer our questions...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Blue dots signify that mobs are slightly easier/below your level.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think people here need to chill. I just ran them today and it's equivalent difficulty of last season. I think the reason why people are complaining is because after running L41 tombs. The season ended and capped raised. However, the planar tombs were not scaled as L46 mobs. Hence, why you would see the blue dot difficulty indicator. The blue means that the mobs are slightly below your level and you will gain 0.5 XP per kill instead of 1 XP per kill (ignoring party XP & elixir buffs).

Now, since there is new content that requires the use of planar tombs, the map has been scaled up to L46 difficulty. This is what Carapace means, I believe. So no, it's not a buff - in the beginning of the season the tombs were just the same L41 difficulty while we were L46 players.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List