Ok to all those guys whose seems this thing unfair i would post for you and against you...

Yes, i have already put me in your position and i would feel disaster if i loose 200$
Yea, you feel that your plat got wasted, with money.

However, No body told you to waste 200$... now as you said alot time above that why would you wait for an update which STS told you that will never happen, well then if that was the thing then why did you used platinum with curiosity? See, as we all knew that there were no updates and STS also said they'll run this game for foreseeable future, and as a mass people were buying platinum, PL would live a long way, which meant that you had a year or two to level.
So you should had made a schedule like 5k exp a day and imo that's do-able for the haters of pve too and with that schedule 60 days = 2 months you will be 77

So no time wasted, no money wasted, and a little gold wasted to complete the schedule

AND the 5k one is an example, if you do 1k still you'll cap in an year and i am quite sure that you can play WITHOUT 2pc...

All i gotta say, enjoy the update!