Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 Content Update (55818)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Look guys, let's say this hat does turn permanent. What does that mean for the economy?

1. There will be more loot in the CS.
    2. More loot means prices will be driven further down.
    3. Players who farm extensively like me will get more drops, driving prices even further down.
    4. Your earnings will be a fraction of what they were once worth.

Drop rates for pinks are already fair. If everyone has an increased chance of drops, your drops will be worth diddly.

15 Platinum is not worth a lot of money. It's at most 2 dollars.

And I'll be damned if I loot a MM bracer in the future with a permabonus on this hat only to have to sell it for 250k instead of 800k.

And no - people who pay Platinum should not have a distinct advantage over anyone else.
    Yes prices will eventually go down just like Rift once was more than 1mill to buy. But new items will be expensive even if the drop rate is higher.

I do see the point you are making Physio but also remember that a the majority of players don't use the forums and they will think that little love gives a bonus and they will not pay for big love. This item will be on the store for a week or less (from past similar items) Then it will no longer will be available so other players won't have the luxury of getting it.

Similar permanent bonus could be added to other vanity items.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    If it is here to stay, I think other helms should be given some bonuses (ie. Xp bonus, speed bonus, etc) around the same time, to give people a reason to choose between different helms, and not simply choose to look silly wearing a clover (for the luck) or wearing a cool-looking vanity item without a bonus.
    Nice ideas for vanity item bonuses
    +1
    I would love the speed one to run around town like a chicken with its head cut off
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-15-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird