Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Hotfix | November 16, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Dear sts ppl earn gold in km3 by farming and selling rens, THEY TOTTALY EXPLOIT THAT MAP.... STOP THEM!!!! PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2. The Following User Says Thank You to saphirae For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

My brother farmed cakes all weekend long from 100k to a mil or so to get his own mythic weapon.
    Think about his face when he would've seen this in the middle of the weekend.

And by the way,you did this on AL's birthday,the game which bought you more money than any other legacy game.And we,the community,are the ones who gave you money to make better content for AL, but instead you made Call of Noobs and The Rage Quit of the Ren'lol, yet you are failing us.
    In the most polite way i can,i ask why? Why do you do this?

And yes,i know you are making the next AL expansion.But if you made it with the same lazyness as you made the expansion which we have been wating for a year and a half...that isn't an expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

What I don't get is why people were spending 15k on cakes, just to open them and get 15k.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    What I don't get is why people were spending 15k on cakes, just to open them and get 15k.
    You could farm them.Then 15k profit.
    Magic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    Correction: best event for those with multiple devices.

My respect for STS was raised with this update ♡

Thanks for fixing
    U didn't make anymore with multidevuce than partying with close friends... don't be so dramatic

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post
    Sorry guys but "Exploit" the "Medium Cakes" wasn't farm at all, I mean was everithing a lazy trick.

Can you see the actual market? Now a mythic weapon worth almost 1+M than before, this was worst than the old Platinum Farming.

I really support the idea of 50p gold and I think that everyone that exploit the cake trick should be banned at least for few days, the platinum farmers were banned too, this was a worst trick so they should be banned too.
    It was NOT lazy to those undergeared auto41s that FINALLY found a way to afford good gear... this event was going incredibly well... temporary price spike included.
    Those patient ones would sit on their newfound hoard and wait for poppers to increase supply again.
    Only ones for nerfing the payout are those megamillionaires that don't bother farming anymore... they just beat up lil kids and steal their lunch money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

wow some people thought this event would hold up until Thursday. RIP AL birthday hahahahaa. Thank you for the update, many people would like to return to the more important things in life until Winter event. Have fun all the other crybabies who won't really be able to do anything without plat ^_^ hugs and kissessss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Plus one small cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    You could farm them.Then 15k profit.
    Magic!
    Well yes, but it is the buying of them I don't get. You can farm for 5 seconds and get the makings for one small cake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Reply from Sts

It's my party and I'll fix if I want to
    Fix if I want to, fix if I want to
    you would fix too if it happened to you!
    Last edited by Anehazaz; 11-16-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Remiem's closed thread statemenet:
    Default Regarding Today's Change to Medium Cakes
    Hi everyone! As you know, today we published an update to decrease the payout of the Medium Birthday Cakes. Our intention for these cakes was for players to share with friends and spread the joy and spirit of giving to celebrate this big milestone in the history of Arcane Legends. Unfortunately, we saw this exploited by a few players. For this reason we made the decision to reduce the payout of the Medium Cakes and to allow the event to continue because we know most players are having fun partaking in the spirit of the celebration just as we hoped.

It's important to know that we came to the decision to change the gold drop amount based on internal data we have, not based any forum posts or private messages. Please remember to keep the forums a clean, constructive, and friendly place. It's a birthday party, after all!
    End quote.

Since "a few players" didnt share, STS decides to punish everyone but the people who didnt share.

You could have put a temporay ban on those few players through Saturday. That would have allowed the majority who did share continue.

Instead you have punished the majority and "a few players" are moving right along with maxed gold.

Great decision....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Well yes, but it is the buying of them I don't get. You can farm for 5 seconds and get the makings for one small cake.
    People using bots would by say 100, they'd get about 50-70 small cakes back. They'd make some profit off of the 13-14k ones bought off of cs but most of the profit would be made by the crafting of the medium cakes using the small cakes dropped by the cs bought mediums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    People using bots would by say 100, they'd get about 50-70 small cakes back. They'd make some profit off of the 13-14k ones bought off of cs but most of the profit would be made by the crafting of the medium cakes using the small cakes dropped by the cs bought mediums.
    So they sit there buying all those cakes, then gather 3 alts in a map, open the cakes and have the alts pass back the contents. It would take less time and effort to just to do a few runs and bake them. People amaze me with how hard they will work to "not play" a game.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    All u people complaining about this update are downright insane. 2-3 days of it was fine and all will agree it was great while it lasted, but lets be honest, another 4 days of this would most assuredly not be good for the economy. QUIT COMPLAINING THAT U HAD THE BEST FARMING OPPORTUNITY IN THE HISTORY OF ARCANE LEGENDS THAT ENABLED YOU TO MAKE MILLIONS OF GOLD IN A SINGLE DAY. WTF IS WRONG WITH U
    oh when millions of gold is made by platinum in 1 day its ok, and when its farmed and earned by farming, crafting and opening with friends its bad???? Thank you sooooo much for this.. You enlighted me :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

One question: WHERE IS THE FIRST COMMENT I WROTE TO THIS THREAD?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

So they sit there buying all those cakes, then gather 3 alts in a map, open the cakes and have the alts pass back the contents. It would take less time and effort to just to do a few runs and bake them. People amaze me with how hard they will work to "not play" a game.
    It's actually interesting to see such outrage over the people who "exploited" the cakes. I don't see much of a difference between the "exploit" and opening equal numbers of cakes with 3 of your closest friends.

Regarding your statement about farming the cakes: that was extreme profit too. The only problem with that method was the crafting slots required. Unless you have 10-20 characters on a single account, you would be limited to crafting 5 small cakes per 30 minutes... Not as good as opening 500 mediums in 10 minutes, selling 500 small cakes in 5 minutes and repeating the process for hours on end.

Either way, I think we all need to realize the inflation from just the 4 days it was insane, and another 3 would have been far too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

" are people who made 20m+ "

First of all, for me "booting" is total bs in the wind to brainwash the community. It wasn't no booting. I know about someone who was able to make 10m in the first day buying slice and crafting with plat. I doubt any "f2p way" worked so good to make more than 20m. I don't believe that. I have too many questions for STS and i guess they are too busy changing their mind once again till tomorrow about anything. And i'm not going to sit here and cry " Why STS WHY " . I'm too old in this game to be surprised about anything which affect the market. I'm born ready for any market breakdown. Been here and did that 100 times . I'm still on my fit ! Thank you STS for this awesome event though.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crudmudgeon View Post
    This was a terriffic event... until STS slapped 90% losses on everyone waiting to open medium cakes... the economy in game was stimulated just enough to get hopes up... people saw dreams of farmed millions coming true this weak... bought all the cakes they could... and now have a reason to rage quit

It's not farming when you buy cakes. Not sure why you waited to open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

but then you need to wait 30 minutes for it. thing is with 4 toons you could spam open 500 cakes in brackenridge over and over again and make 1.5m+ in like 15 minutes. with farming you had to actually kill monsters whereas exploiters could macro buy from cs spam open repeat, earn like 4m+/hr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Spot-on. The event was degraded by STS thanks to people that actually don't run any map. Sad but true.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Wow... They delete comments they don't like... They change their mind during events and change the rules... they favoritize some players over others... totalitarianism overload ^_^ hehee... who is the children here? This made my day.... but also wasted my time. And time is precious... sooooooooooooo bye. Feel free to delete this one too silly crybabies.