Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion to STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    From what I heard, people were using their many devices, and opening cakes while in a party with their other accounts, then transferring all the gold to their main account.
    Opening with friends states that you open with your friends, and each person gets something, and not all the gold/rewards go to only one person
    But again, back to my first post, what's the difference? 30for yourself (150k) and you and your friends open 10 each (still 150k)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    But again, back to my first post, what's the difference? 30for yourself (150k) and you and your friends open 10 each (still 150k)
    I don't think you understood what I wrote.

I meant that if you got 150k opening on alts, and traded it to yourself, you get 150 k.
    But if you open the same amount of cakes (just you, no one else opening them), everyone gets a "slice of the cake", meaning everyone gets a part of the gold reward.
    And not all the gold is going to one person.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Cos opening of the mediums cakes also grant random cakes ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

until when the poor will continue to be poor ? they are also trying to find a lot of gold to make a lot of runs . they may buy a lot of internet pass them to find a lot of gold in the arcane legends. This is very frustrating as they may have to spend a lot of money but they can not reach their target .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I don't think you understood what I wrote.

I meant that if you got 150k opening on alts, and traded it to yourself, you get 150 k.
    But if you open the same amount of cakes (just you, no one else opening them), everyone gets a "slice of the cake", meaning everyone gets a part of the gold reward.
    And not all the gold is going to one person.
    yes that's true.... but generally people who knows what they are doing does it with friends (all open same amount) and get the most benefit for all of them as well.

idk, i still think they are more or less them same either 4 people open for them self or opening them together... probably feels different(like you said, each gets a slice of cake), but it's the same result

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Clearly it was a bug and an exploit. Everyone knew it.

We changed it so that we could minimize the damage to the economy. It may not be the most popular solution, but it is the healthiest thing for the game in the long run.
    I agree it was an exploit but why was this not thought about prior to releasing the event and not after? Why did it take so long? We landed up in a situation where some people cheated and went way ahead of the rest in terms of amassing gold.

These 'blunder' and 'fix' rituals that occur with every new event has created an economic gap again between a few and the majority. Sts was doing a good job of reducing this gap with gold sinks and new features. It reminds one of the Myth of Sisyphus.

Yes it is a fix that was needed for the survival of the game. But for future events, simple exploits like this one (even kids could guess this exploit) would be avoided hopefully.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 11-19-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seriously stop taking us for beta users and fix your stuff ( how bout testing your update before making it public and giving us bugs with like every update you give us even the small update to end a event bring more prob.... so unpro compagnie PLS STOP TAKING US FOR BETA TESTERS we are tired of dealing with your constant massive overload of bugs its never ending and just stupid of a big compagnie to not be able to fix your own game ... like seriously al is the game with the biggest load of bug i have ever seems in my life ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

now on the positive side hehehehe here is a suggestion to stop making everyone beta users all the time how about you hire some of the al players rdy to be beta tester( a old game used to give some gems for the work in this case you could give some plat lol many ppl were rdy and happy to help for a lil reward lol) and make them test your update on your test server so we can feed back any prob we have found so you can fix it before making it public aint that a good idea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    I agree it was an exploit but why was this not thought about prior to releasing the event and not after? Why did it take so long? We landed up in a situation where some people cheated and went way ahead of the rest in terms of amassing gold.

These 'blunder' and 'fix' rituals that occur with every new event has created an economic gap again between a few and the majority. Sts was doing a good job of reducing this gap with gold sinks and new features. It reminds one of the Myth of Sisyphus.

Yes it is a fix that was needed for the survival of the game. But for future events, simple exploits like this one (even kids could guess this exploit) would be avoided hopefully.
    As i said before, they intended for players to open cakes ib towm guildhall etc. But of course as corporate greed will always exist, some players open 4 tabs and spam open cakes. Look at gd threads some players made 50-100m+ and are open admitting... They need consewuences. In fact there is a twink rogue i used to play with who at first had no para no arcane pet etc. And after event boom that rogue l13 has dmg of a 14, crit of 14 and is saying in pier "buying sns"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Honestly there's something wrong with the gold payout from the cake from the get-go.

lets's say we are in a hypothetical world with no exploits and anything ....

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Honestly the best way to earn money was to farm for the cake slices and craft medium cakes and sell them. Those trying to buy medium cakes and open were not making nearly as much money. I could solo WT4 in about 5 minutes and drop 30-40 cake slices. Then I have 3 toons with 5 crafting slots each crafting these into small cakes and then medium cakes and then selling them. At this pace I was able to craft and sell about 8-10 medium cakes per hour with each medium cake selling for around 13.5k (after auction listing fees).
    From the quote, he got 8-10 medium cake in an hr, so lets say 15,000*9= 135,000( because it will eventually be opened). Thats's 135k into the economy from one player in an hr. Assuming AL have 10 thousend players ( probably more??) that's 1,350million added into the economy in an hour, and then it goes on for 7 days( original plan until "exploit") so 1,350,000,000*7*12(assuming 12 hr, people need sleep right??) that's 113,400million added into the economy if sts did it according to plan...

and now people are pointing fingers about exploits? i think the core issue of this is the drop rate and the amount of money it provides . I agree that the exploit didnt help, but the same thing will happen regardless if the exploit happened or not...