Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 respec scrolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

hey guys does passive 5/damage value increase damage on warr? im srry but i dont know really i think it does but idk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    So I've been told like a few minutes ago that I have low damage for rogue.Then the same person said to buy the respect scrolls and said I could reset my skills and my damage. I wanna know if she's right and if it does make my damage, health, etc reset, before I buy it and waste my gold.
    Oh ya 5 points in passive damage too.
    Did you did it? Or you did not did it yet?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hallowring View Post
    hey guys does passive 5/damage value increase damage on warr? im srry but i dont know really i think it does but idk
    The 5 points in passive dmg are a waste of points, cause of the stack system.
    For example, the buff given to your damage by a damage pet is higher than the passives 5 points in dmg and it doesn't stack, 'cause the highest buff always win.
    That's the reason why is useless to spend these points, imho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hallowring View Post
    A lot of the pets we use at cap level, from legendary up, already have more than 5% dmg buff as happy bonus (check your stable and look at the happy bonus of the pets you use most often. A lot would have between 7-15% dmg buff). The pet dmg bonus will override the 5% from maxed passive damage, meaning you only get the pet bonus, instead of pet+passive bonuses. So better put the 5 points on other upgrades.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

So I've been told like a few minutes ago that I have low damage for rogue.Then the same person said to buy the respect scrolls and said I could reset my skills and my damage. I wanna know if she's right and if it does make my damage, health, etc reset, before I buy it and waste my gold.
    You remind me of myself my first months in AL and having almost all of the officers in my guild telling me to respec because I leveled up putting all attribute points to STR in the hopes of dying less (it didn't work). Back then it was harder to respec because you either have to use plat (bought or gotten through offers) or wait for free respec weekend. It's a lot easier now. This year alone there had been a number of events where the free chests (those you don't need plat to open) yield respec scrolls. You can also buy respec scrolls with Hauntlet coins.

When you respec you basically get a clean slate. You can start over and do whatever you wish to do with your build.

But yes, put all attribute points on dex (hp you can get from gear (brutality versions of legendary gear, arcane ring, planar pendant). Max out Agility, Knowledge, Might and Critical passives. If you mainly pve, max out Aimed Shot and Noxious Bolt. Have between 1-3 points in Piercer. The rest is up to you. My current build has aimed, nox, piercer, trap, veil, and razor shield. I use aimed, nox, piercer for all maps, then razor in Ren'gol and Arena and a lot of elites, Trap in KM3 or Planar Tombs. I don't use Veil much anymore but it's nice to have it ready for example when helping average geared guild mates with some achievements.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    You mean % bonuses for damage don't stack :P
    Lol ilhanna has explained it a lot better than me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    You remind me of myself my first months in AL and having almost all of the officers in my guild telling me to respec because I leveled up putting all attribute points to STR in the hopes of dying less (it didn't work). Back then it was harder to respec because you either have to use plat (bought or gotten through offers) or wait for free respec weekend. It's a lot easier now. This year alone there had been a number of events where the free chests (those you don't need plat to open) yield respec scrolls. You can also buy respec scrolls with Hauntlet coins.

When you respec you basically get a clean slate. You can start over and do whatever you wish to do with your build.

But yes, put all attribute points on dex (hp you can get from gear (brutality versions of legendary gear, arcane ring, planar pendant). Max out Agility, Knowledge, Might and Critical passives. If you mainly pve, max out Aimed Shot and Noxious Bolt. Have between 1-3 points in Piercer. The rest is up to you. My current build has aimed, nox, piercer, trap, veil, and razor shield. I use aimed, nox, piercer for all maps, then razor in Ren'gol and Arena and a lot of elites, Trap in KM3 or Planar Tombs. I don't use Veil much anymore but it's nice to have it ready for example when helping average geared guild mates with some achievements.
    That is a lot of help, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Thanks guys! I reset all my stats, using 4 on dex, 1 on str and int. You guys were a great help! Now my damage is 486.50 without my best pet and 551.48 with her. Thanks so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sorry to say this but your damage is still too low.

You need to spec all dex and gain hp and mana from gear.

Try and get your damage at least over 700 with pet wearing legendary gear.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaocajede View Post
    Sorry to say this but your damage is still too low.

You need to spec all dex and gain hp and mana from gear.

Try and get your damage at least over 700 with pet wearing legendary gear.

Good luck

:/ Wait what?
    But my health will be too low if I use all points on dex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

:/ Wait what?
    But my health will be too low if I use all points on dex.
    You can get the health by choosing brutality gear and/or using nature jewels. Also get a blood ruby ring until you get arcane.

If your damage isn't high enough you won't kill fast enough for planar arena/tombs and hard elites.

You should have close to 4K hp and 700 damage if you do this.

Good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaocajede View Post
    You can get the health by choosing brutality gear and/or using nature jewels. Also get a blood ruby ring until you get arcane.

If your damage isn't high enough you won't kill fast enough for planar arena/tombs and hard elites.

You should have close to 4K hp and 700 damage if you do this.

Good luck

Ok, thanks! Good thing I decided to buy it with plat instead of 5 kits with gold xD. I already spent 5 plat on one upgrade. If I used it with gold, I'd be crying right about now xD.
    I do have the blood ruby ring, but it doesn't have any jewels, and 5 plat is so much easier to get than gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Add gems and jewels on your gear. Save up for Mythics. For a level 46, sadly you have very low damage. You can do it just a little patience and you can achieve it.

Pure Dex is the best coz you get to maximize the damage you have. Dex adds up a bit of Health anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

What gear are you using and what upgrades you have in them?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    What gear are you using and what upgrades you have in them?
    Sadly, I haven't thought much about upgrading my gear :V I have for the amulet the prosper amulet of brutality with two standardized health jewels, the blood ruby of Shuyal but I haven't thought of upgrading it yet :V I have the giant bone bow of potency, no jewels, the padded cap of lethality, no jewels, and the scavenger's tunic of potency, no jewels :V and, of course, vanity overlapping all that. Eesh ... now that I think about it, you're right xD. But if I upgrade my damage 6/6 of all the points, won't my mana and health be really low? I'll be forced to buy more health and mana pots than usual (and I already buy a lot). Are you saying I should do dex 5/5 and decide for the last point whether to put it in int or str?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Sadly, I haven't thought much about upgrading my gear :V I have for the amulet the prosper amulet of brutality with two standardized health jewels, the blood ruby of Shuyal but I haven't thought of upgrading it yet :V I have the giant bone bow of potency, no jewels, the padded cap of lethality, no jewels, and the scavenger's tunic of potency, no jewels :V and, of course, vanity overlapping all that. Eesh ... now that I think about it, you're right xD. But if I upgrade my damage 6/6 of all the points, won't my mana and health be really low? I'll be forced to buy more health and mana pots than usual (and I already buy a lot). Are you saying I should do dex 5/5 and decide for the last point whether to put it in int or str?
    The worst way to make/save gold is trying to minimize pot usage. It ends up costing you a fortune.

Whatever savings you have get lost in slow runs and driving good players away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

5/5 passive points on dex, str and int. You'll need to upgrade your gear and like I said, jewels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Think of it this way: the better you perform as a rogue, ie the faster you kill, the faster you can farm. The higher your damage the faster you can farm in Arena/Planar Tomb/elites. Faster runs are cheaper in the long run. You're going to inhale pots anyway, no matter how huge your mana pool and you can't rely on warrior or mage to heal you. But if you can farm faster in areas where they need high dmg rogues, your chances of recouping pot expenses and making profit are much higher. And don't forget events. You want to run fast, kill fast in events.

I haven't done much gear comparison, but try switching to wicked potency or wicked brutality for armor and helm; they're on par with the supreme and forager set which gives slightly more damage than the padded and scavenger set. Check them out in cs. Socket at least weak finesse jewels into your gear. Every additional dex adds a little hp as well and adds to your crit, which is crucial. You can also use a combo with finesse, chaos and nature (try get at least fortified nature); there should be more finesse than chaos, and more chaos than nature. Vixenne made a valid suggestion about saving to get mythic items. At the very least they have 3 sockets you can put jewel/gem in. So upgrading your blood ruby and getting at least a mythic belt can be your priority.

But gear only gets you so far. You need to have a solid build to start with. Even the best gears won't help if you're poorly built.

I can see now why even after respec your damage is still low. Say at cap level we have a total of 240 attribute points (I forgot how many to be exact). You respec'd by putting 4/6*240=160 to dex, and 40 each to str and int. If you still want to have points for int and str, give no more than 10% of points. So you can do at max 20 each for int and str and leave 200 for dex. But personally I still think going pure dex (all attribute points piled on dex) is the best way to go.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 12-12-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Put all stats in attributes.
    Buy brutality and potency gears for hp mana respectively.
    Get crit agility might knowledge passives 5/5. If you have points left after investing points in skills, add durable passive.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

So basically upgrade my DMG 5 points, right? Or 6, or just 5 and use the 6th on either int or str?