Thread: not only they fixed the aegis' bug, but they also nerf it...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earlingstad View Post
    If I am not invited for runs on my Tank, that does not mean I will want to be a damage/dps class on my tank. Thats the rogue's job. That being said, a party buff skill upgrade which will be useful to the whole party in pve and will make a team-buffing tank be chosen over an extra rogue depends on what that team-buff is. It is not reasonable to give knee-jerk reactions even before the idea has been implemented. How can we say that a team-buffing skill upgrade for tanks will not be useful for elite runs?
    Bro how will a VB skill buff that gives the entire party damage be useful if no tank currently uses VB in elite? VB doesn't have taunt and it's only function is increasing damage output and gaining mana in PvP. Most tanks go with 3-4 taunt skills in elite. HoR can't be replaced. Jugg offers armour and taunt as well as self heal. The other two skills are usually attack skills like CS SS or windmill. I'm sure if VB is upgraded to give a damage boost a lot of tanks will try it out in elites but as it is a skill without taunt or added survibilty a class buff seems a more practical and easier to implement solution. Tanks will be able to hold aggro and the whole party will benefit regardless of whether the tank is using VB or not. We have already seen the effect the temporary jugg buff had on server and the subsequent roll back.
    If u are not being invited to runs on ur tank u will make a rogue or a mage to farm. The question tanks are asking is why aren't we being invited to elites? The answer we are given is that added damage in the form of a rogue/Mage makes a run go faster than a tank maintaining aggro 100% and healing everyone every time. This means that a maxed out warrior doing their job perfectly is still not good enough for an elite pro pt run. This is what is causing the demise of the warrior from pve. No tank wants to be a damage dealer cause it goes against the very nature of tanking but neither do we want to remain in pve obscurity. The third of the population not being able to enjoy or even take part in PVE is therefore not pleased when there are silent nerfs to a weapon that many considered a god-send for the warrior class.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post: