Thread: Pvp Lag

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Pvp Lag

hello all

id just like your thoughts, or responses from anybody having similar issues to me.

1stly:
    Whenever I play A.L pve maps with friends for hours, ping will be decent no lag/freezing issues. By decent i mean (250 ping green) is the best i will ever get, as i am far away from the host server.
    My problem comes in when i enter PvP... tdm/ctf. Suddenly ping spikes occur, massive lag at the heart of the battle. Sometimes everything around me freezes and i am able to run around, next thing im dead or half my health is gone when the server re-syncs my correct position.
    I notice more frequent freezing and lag when mages are in the tdm/ctf map. Could a skill of theirs be causing lags?

2ndly:
    I love pvp, but i think there should be more equal footing in terms of ping. Most of the american players are sitting with pings of 150 -50 whilst some, who are farther away from the host server, pvp with 500/600 ping. The reaction time speaks for itself.
    Perhaps a ping limit could be introduced if it is possible (where say 300 ping is the base standard, if somebody has 90ping, they automatically get scaled to 300ping in a pvp map, for more fairness)? or a matching system in terms of connection performance? ( where players are randomly selected in tdm/ctf map by ping/network performance) ( implement an option to have matching on /off)
    Just a few ideas.

THnx
    3rdly: if nobody is interested in what i had to say, what are A.Ls port numbers? for port-forwarding? perhaps i could give that a try.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I have the same problem like this too..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

You're not alone. My lag at TDM was so bad too but in PvE like Arena, Orc maps ping was good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I had lag too sometimes when i entered pvp..I seldom get green ping in pvp but at a range of 320-500 ping mostly...Btw can anyone tell me whether green ping players reacts faster than yellow ping users in pvp? Sometimes its sad that i got called noob in pvp just because they had better ping which leads to faster reaction(hits faster)...I would support MasterP in terms of pvp..Maybe it should be scaled to same amount of ping to everyone so that not only the ones with good stats will always win..350 ping is reasonable to me tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uninstalling View Post
    I had lag too sometimes when i entered pvp..I seldom get green ping in pvp but at a range of 320-500 ping mostly...Btw can anyone tell me whether green ping players reacts faster than yellow ping users in pvp? Sometimes its sad that i got called noob in pvp just because they had better ping which leads to faster reaction(hits faster)...I would support MasterP in terms of pvp..Maybe it should be scaled to same amount of ping to everyone so that not only the ones with good stats will always win..350 ping is reasonable to me tho
    Yes, green ping players react faster. I have 80-150 ping 95% of the time . Ping worse than 380ish feels practically unplayable. Tbh I never had bad ping in PvP, this trend started in the last 30ish days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Not just pvp, but pve as well.

Speedtest shows ping: 7

But in AL, it gets over 5k. lol
    YOU HAVE FAILED THIS GAME!