Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So mad I can't see straight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    what kept this exciting was the fact u know if u die then ur OUT~!!! u wont make it to the boss, u will not take part in boss killing and u will get no drops...

gets the blood flowing and just plain exciting...

now its repetitive and its a race to hit lvl cap... whooo hoooo ..... not
    Yes, it was fun!
    And we definitely had our share of stress and frustration (much that could have been avoided if passworded games actually kept people out).
    But since we mostly played with friends, if a man went down, the bears would usually go back to get them. If it was someone we didn't know and they kept dying, we'd give up on them after a couple of tries.

But yeah, the rushing days were so much more fun, even with the high death counts and other frustrations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    Rushing simply makes the game unfair for those who PUG
    I used to host rush games open to random joins - as did Les and many others. In fact that's how I first got into rushing - joining with my bear in AO2 a random game that turned out to be a rush.

If you mean it rewards people with skill - duh! That's exactly the way it should be. But that's the case with current maps too; I've seen groups that take forever do get through a BS map, and actually wipe at Goldfever or Cockroach. Meanwhile an efficient group can clear a map like Catacombs in as little time as it would take to rush it (I'd like to test this once but I think it's true because we never seem to stop running while we play).
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial