Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild ideas thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There should be another rank like co-master. Nice idea Yeldarb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! Moving this thread to the suggestions area

Something has to be liked to be valuable...
    But to be loved you have to be PRICELESS!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

the ability to "uncraft" a higher level jewel to three lower level jewels would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Guild LB is my favorite one here, because I don't have a lot to do, however I am really competetive, and I'd want to be on the LB in my guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeldarbroz View Post
    I think that a co-master is really needed, and I think officer kick limit is needed, but personally, I don't want any more ranks that that. That's just my personal preferences tho, I don't want to dis your ideas ^^ I also think that officers should be able to promote/demote recruiter...
    You aren't dissing my ideas, I think it may just be a matter of perspective.

The extra ranks are a reward system for guild loyalty. Believe me, they are sorely needed.

If you've never been a guild master for a large enough guild, it may be hard to understand. For a guild to grow, you need a lot recruiters, but you don't need a lot of officers. Promoting someone to Officer is also a Big Deal because of the added responsibility AND because you're accepting that player into the 'inner circle.' Officer chat is a connection between the core members of your guild. If you let any nab who joins the guild be officer and you risk disrupting your circle of friends.

As a guild master for about 2 years, I've had members leave the guild frustrated that we refused to promote them to officer. We appreciated their hard work as recruiters, but we felt they just weren't ready to be an officer. We needed more time to get to know them. If we had had another rank to promote them to, they would have stayed and possibly become officers in the future. Instead we lost a lot of great, active players because of a system with too few ranks. The Knight rank is to reward officers who stand above the rest and deserve the honor.

Extra ranks stabilize the guild and give members something to aspire to.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Regarding the ranks, other then having the vice-master, the other ranks are pointless. Officers are there to help the master.. but they can't promote people. Only the leader can promote people. It would be nice to ask StS to make officers able to promote people to recruiters and that's pretty much all. Some guilds like to have vice leaders, and they often share leader rank. How many vice leaders are needed... one? two? 10? You can share it with your closest officers... and then it's all your responsibility.

I read the rank ideas.. and what's the functional difference between a freeman and a member? Why their own chat? So members don't read it? Why? Officers have their private chat to talk about administrative stuff. They need to talk privately sometimes in order to make the correct decisions without everyone knowing what's going on. What do you want to hide in a knight's chat... or a scout chat... the value of the fervor bow you're selling? What's the difference between an officer and a knight? Just a higher rank? Listen, a guild is all about bringing players together, not splitting them by ranks. It's a place for players to share a same objective. You're not there to judge people. If you're a master and you need help, you might want to make some officers to help you lead the guild, but not to overpower the players.
    If they were pointless, why would I have posted them? Maybe you don't see the point, but there definitely is a point. I answered the "what's the point?" question in another post, see the quote below. I did indeed "listen" to you and I discovered that you seem to be carrying some erroneous assumptions about me and my level of experience as a guild master. I created that list based on 2 years of experience. Every guild master has their own unique style and not everyone views ranks as divisive. If there are 6 ranks and you want to run your guild with only two ranks, nobody would stop you. If you want to run your guild with 6 ranks, you are stopped by an ancient and overly-basic AL guild system.

The extra chat channels are for encouraging camaraderie and friendship among the members of each rank. That is one effect that officer chat had on my guild and I'd love to see it replicated with every rank. Also, the channels are there for when you need them, they don't necessarily have to be filled with lots of activity to justify their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    You aren't dissing my ideas, I think it may just be a matter of perspective.

The extra ranks are a reward system for guild loyalty. Believe me, they are sorely needed.

If you've never been a guild master for a large enough guild, it may be hard to understand. For a guild to grow, you need a lot recruiters, but you don't need a lot of officers. Promoting someone to Officer is also a Big Deal because of the added responsibility AND because you're accepting that player into the 'inner circle.' Officer chat is a connection between the core members of your guild. If you let any nab who joins the guild be officer and you risk disrupting your circle of friends.

As a guild master for about 2 years, I've had members leave the guild frustrated that we refused to promote them to officer. We appreciated their hard work as recruiters, but we felt they just weren't ready to be an officer. We needed more time to get to know them. If we had had another rank to promote them to, they would have stayed and possibly become officers in the future. Instead we lost a lot of great, active players because of a system with too few ranks. The Knight rank is to reward officers who stand above the rest and deserve the honor.

Extra ranks stabilize the guild and give members something to aspire to.
    Last edited by Niixed; 02-23-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    If they were pointless, why would I have posted them? Maybe you don't see the point, but there definitely is a point. I answered the "what's the point?" question in another post, see the quote below. I did indeed "listen" to you and I discovered that you seem to be carrying some erroneous assumptions about me and my level of experience as a guild master. I created that list based on 2 years of experience. Every guild master has their own unique style and not everyone views ranks as divisive. If there are 6 ranks and you want to run your guild with only two ranks, nobody would stop you. If you want to run your guild with 6 ranks, you are stopped by an ancient and overly-basic AL guild system.

The extra chat channels are for encouraging camaraderie and friendship among the members of each rank. That is one effect that officer chat had on my guild and I'd love to see it replicated with every rank. Also, the channels are there for when you need them, they don't necessarily have to be filled with lots of activity to justify their existence.
    I don't doubt that. I did read your post. It's just that I am thinking about what StS would definetly change and what they wouldn't. We both do have GM experience and we don't need to be GM to lead a guild. Leaders can lead their guild with a member rank.

I didn't point it out, but how I see things is a little different. By experience, I think that StS does the strict minimum. We asked for a guild dash board where people can read a general message sent to everyone. We begged for it for years, and we got MotD. We asked for more ranks looooong time ago too. How they might see the new ranking system? ...just more data in their system or more complexity. Is it necessary? Can guilds work without that? They always did. How are we sure about that? We don't have a camera rotation just to make the game lighter. They probably cut out over SL, DL and PL so they have less players in those games... creating more server space for AL. They keep optimizing everywhere. We don't have a guild dashboard because the MotD was a much simpler way to do the very same thing. If they made a dashboard, they could add that ranking system into it. They could add many things in it.

BUT, you know what? You're right. How about we tell StS that a major guild system update would make our day.. no, our week, no... our month. I mean, how many people would love to see a major guild system update? How many happy people are we going to have? Everyone. Want a new NEXT BIG THING. This thread is the bang. We can make the players happy. Guilds are very amusing for everyone. It's a fun place to hang and people stick to the same because the community is awesome, their guild is awesome. Want to keep the players in game? Let the GM reward their members. It could be an awesome way to make guild events more fun, or make guild objectives more addicting. Imagine if you reward players for being helpful, or for being pro, or being playing a lot and inviting everyone get along, or for respecting the rules and make them work, or for having awesome ideas that makes the guild better, or the gameplay better. Those kind of players, YOU WANT TO REWARD THEM. StS can't reward them, so we have to. We don't reward them with gold, or an item. It needs a title. Keep the new weapons away, the new gear too. We're having the very same vanities for St-Patrick anyways, we're having the same Easter event too. So they have plenty of time. StS has time to work on this new system. A dashboard with ranks for everyone. Same function, but a new name that makes the players a little more special in their community. I just hope players don't use their rank as an authority... because it's a sad truth, it will happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Yesss!!! Good idea , there should be a "guild bank" where players can donate gold to buy special Guildhall's or improvements to their current one!! getting a better guildhall should give some bonus , like cheaper potions , speed buff for all players in , more space , better look ( maybe some extra decorations ) etc , etc ,etc . While upgrades can add new rooms / stores / NPC . for example : we can have an AC and a guild AC , the difference is that only members of the guild can post in guild AC , and it's only accessible from guildhall . A couple more upgrades : Quest drop , portal to hauntlet , access to some basic daily quests , and maybe to some special event area at very high levels . Only the guild master or Officers that got the precision from guild master can spend guildbank on upgrades / new halls . All members can donate gold , but once donated , it can not be retrieved . I have seen multiple RPS use this idea of a "guild bank" that can be used to benefit all members , it worked out perfectly . rly hope to see something like this in AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Another great idea can be a Guild leader board , that re-news every week .It shows the best pvp and pve players In Guild. Top 10 in each section get a small plat reward and maybe some ankhs / respect scrolls while top 10 in general receive a decent plat reward ( 20-25 ) 25 ankhs , and 5k HP+mana pots. To avoid abuse of the system , guild leader board should be available when the guild hits 250 members or more.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very God Sugestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Would love the first and the third idea implemented (especially first)
    New guild hall jus released so we would leave ppl with somejoy with it and release another later

Sent from YU Yuphoria using whatsapp :P