Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I have a question about fire and ice mage skills!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    4/5 ice allows you to freeze mobs with charrged ice at 20% chance when there are less then 3 mobs, else you can only chain freeze with 3+ mobs...

The heal is better for teamplay is not at all true.
    When you are talking about *sharing the aggro* one commonly forgets: Rogues dodge 40-60% of incoming attacks, including most redzones, a good warrior can live elite rengol mobs pretty much forever without pots, and a 5.4k mage with 1.4k armor will get 2 shot in elite rengol no shield. Clearly, the other classes can do without your heal.

Healing your rogues/tanks mana is worthless because: You will often find a rogue will immediately fill up on mana when below 50% mana,(same with wars) and almost every elite player uses pots to keep 100% health at all times, making your heal often times be a waste.

I tried a solo runs to do a comparison:

solo run in elite wilds I went with blinky, went 4 attack skills and got a 7 minute time (no deaths)
    solo run in elite wilds I went with blinky, went with 3 attack skills and shield and got 10 minute time (no deaths)
    solo run in elite wilds, I went with blinky, went with 3 attack skills and heal and got a 12 minute time (1 death, happened when I was charging heal when mobs weren't under clock)

I will admit I am most used to 4 attack skills in all elites
    It depends on the way you play together with your team, ofc you are faster with more attack skills solo (idk how you can be 3mins slower.. but however)
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I have bolded the part in your post, that no matter how I read it makes nott an iota of sense to me.

well tbh mages using heal in PvE make no sense to me.
    It does make sense.. it is a huge difference if you play 1-3 runs with different people all the time or if you stick to same team for a longer time. By saying 4 people in one team with each one playing solo I mean they are playing for themselves.

There maybe "different play styles" but the correct play styles dictate mages be using a 4 offence skill. The class with the highest AoE damage, a class which is only needed one in a group, two incase one is nabby or/and laggy, a class which is required to stun, snare and ice is better off using a skill which doesn't require charging, like lightning.
    Who are you to define the "correct play style"? Most mages are so nab it doesn't matter which skills they use...anyways controling the mobs and not making it chaotic is more important than dealing some more damage... Yes there are more different TEAM-Playstyles which go better with other skill build but just don't mind you won't understand anyways LOL

I've posted this before nott long ago and I shall retype again, for your benefit, even charging shield or heal causes an off balance in the cyclic ice, fire, clock ritual that mages go through in mobs. When mobs are off high density charging a skill even if it's lightning can offset the timing which results in party decimation. How many times does a mage with heal survive when party dies? None. How many times does a mage with shield survive when party gets wiped out? Always.
    Hmm, theory.. how comes mage healing can control crowd better than mage nott healing? Still it is about team-playstyles and team set up so just don't criticize what you can't understand... I am not saying random mages should play with heal

Just to be clear, I'll try explaining it in a hypothetical situation,let's say there are two mages in Elite rengol, and one mage(let this mage be pro mage) stuns a group of mobs, the group of mobs being Orc engineers. Funny thing about Orc engineers, they need to be constantly stunned since ice has n effect on them, and clock snare just protects you from their auto attack(which is the thing that will one hit without a crit even more<I tried to poemitise for you, ik lil ragebisl likes poems). Now when Orc engineers are stunned they stay like that for 2 seconds, well 2 seconds ish depending on the mobs around them). When you go ahead to charge ice, clock and then heal, it leaves a window open the Orc engineers to throw mobs AND hit you with an auto attack. Now we have the second mage(let's call him nott-a-pro), nott-a-pro notices pro-mage isn't able to stun the Orc engineers in time, the 6-8 second stun immunity rule withstanding the Orc engineers get more time to dish out their devastating spells. Including bombs and auto attacks. A trio of auto attacks will always, ALWAYS kill a mage. Unless that mage has the stats of a warrior.(2 second invulnerability from shield is an exception).

Nott-a-pro tries to keep the mobs stunned but notices he isn't able to land a stun because pro-mage stuns the engineers and Nott-a-pro has to spend 7+2-3 seconds wondering where the next bomb is going to dropand even more time evading the charged auto attacks from a set of mobs.
    Well first of all...if u mean the normal mobs with axe by saying engineer, yes ofc you stun them and if you are pro enough you can heal without getting in trouble and playing with 2 other mages "team"playstyle won't benefit from heal anyways so why use it. Dex mobs (which I think of when you say engineer) you can not stun, no matter how hard you try. (unless pendant proced or rogue stuns with arcane daggers.)

There is no doubt that you need to stun mobs constantly anyways.

If anyone should ever identify something in there as poemic then he must say it's the worst poem he has ever read.

One shouldnt start a sentence with an "and", especially when phrasing something that is out if context.
    AND I am not trying to write a grammatically correct scientific statement for you.

When he says "for the record" he means, this is something he wants to be noted by OP and you, even though this may be a little bit out of context it is moar helpful than anything stated by you.
    For the record was a bit out of context and funny how people think they are OP Lel.

OP shouldn't use heal in PvE unless he is one hitting mobs with uncharged skills. even then he's better off using some other skill to save time. Ice and fire do stack,and the one with the longer impairment stays active. Also the stun/freeze affect doesn't get cancelled out by the other, but having a fourth skill which needs charging will cause more trouble in harder elites.
    You just can't generalize that. I'll say the word again: Team-playstyles.... meh people won't understand that anyways
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    Actually heal is there to support teammates and if u attract aggro and still can survive --> team mate(s) can survive more easily... ofc you can't use it if mobs are too hard, just if u can survive without shield

And to be honest it does not make an elite run significantly faster if you use 3 or 4 damage spells if you have rogue in party.
    Even lightning for elite bosses is not neccessary since you barely deal damage unless staff procs.. if you use lightning it makes it a few seconds faster but its not a MUST (those few seconds you actually lose while changing loadout at boss so...)
    I personally dont find heal to be much more beneficial in a team. Usually argo is a tank's job( reason why they have actual taunt skill and massive armor and hp), and i'm not convinced how me having argo (while having the least survivability in the team) will benefit the team.
    IMO, to support teammate is to help reduce the damage the tank receive by stunning and killing the mobs, rather than sharing the argo and be miserable at it.

As for lightning, MAYBE it's useless at boss, but it's more useful then clock (what i replace with lightning) in most cases. As it inflict more damage, and does not involve me having to get near the boss with the risk of dying.

Note: i use Fire, ice, Wind, and Clock (Lightning for boss)

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Please remember to be civil when debating. At this point everyone has made their point so I'm closing this up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com