Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega Mage vs. Sewer Queen's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    As for not paying attention to your mana - it's right below the health bar; I don't see how a person could miss it unless they forgot about paying attention to their health bar too. You need to pay attention to everything - the situation, health/mana bars, and your abilities recharging. No matter what your build and your class, you must pay attention to all 3 and be aware of all 3 at once. In the event that you really don't pay attention to your mana and just your health ... all the more reason why higher mana regen is more important.
    I was refering to the pots....
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i sense the random is great in this one.
    BlackRyder Lv 55 Fury pally CharcoalRyder Lv 52 Pure Archer OnyxRyder Lv 25 DEX/STR Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMO mega mage set is still the best for int mage even if they add set bonus to SQ
    anyway, people like talking about "theory" that makes other people think they are right
    but they don't even know your playing style
    so if you really like it for whatever reason then that will be fine, no one is right or wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    IMO mega mage set is still the best for int mage even if they add set bonus to SQ
    anyway, people like talking about "theory" that makes other people think they are right
    but they don't even know your playing style
    so if you really like it for whatever reason then that will be fine, no one is right or wrong
    500% agree....

Its according to ur play style... for me as an agressive player, I tank even in fornt of bears and take agro most of the time so for me the MM set is a must with 135 base armor and 46 M/s + shield, no mob can usually touch me for the time that my shield is up and even if its down they have a tough time with me EXCEPT the the BS birds.... they seem to snipe me between the eys and i hv trouble with them...

anyway, i do think that a sewer set should have a bonus.... looting the sewer items is as difficult as the MM set so for the same effort they should have a bonus IMO.

EDIT: and since the SQ set is cheap, giving it a set bonus might equalize the crazy CS prices for MM gear... SQ raises up while MM prices come down... win win
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is how I feel about it, and don't try to confuse me with the true! (LOL)

Speaking in generalities, and each has their own "style", this is how I have summed it up:

For full-int mages, its hard to beat the MM set. Hard to really take advantage of the SQ's HP regen when you don't have much HP to begin with.
    For min-int (rest str) and hybrids/duals, the SQ set works rather well. I was a min-int (rest str) build until Lv55; where upon I restat'd to mage/paladin dual. I have, throughout my leveling, being able to continually take advantage of high HP regen stats, due to my large HP pool.

TTFN ;-)
    IGN(s):
    Zionhorizon (Lv5x Noob)
    Stuntxdouble (Lv5x Super noob)
    Footxloose (lvxx?? Ultra combo noob)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRyder View Post
    Yes, but sometimes, you dont even pay attention. Everyone has to have had that moment where they are by themselves, and they run out of both pots and money, in those situations, I'd prefer the 18 H/s over the 6 M/s that i lost to get it.
    What? You lost 6 damage and 6 armor there, too, mate.

You trade 2 armor AND 2 damage AND 2 m/s per item to h/s with sewer queen. Not one of those tradeoffs is justifiable, not even in your hypothetical "I failed" situation let alone normal circumstances.

To make sewer queen worthy you'd have to argue that point-per-point in normal circumstances:
    - h/s is better than armor
    - h/s is better than damage
    - h/s is better than m/s

Not of one those is backed up by a consensus of a number of experienced mages here, quite the contrary.

The thing that is true is that sewer queen gear is freakishly cheaper.

((For the record, I find it truly odd that yet again they brought us a tradeoff from usefull stats into the most useless of them all. anything but h/s might have made the sewer queen at least a little interesting. I mean, we saw that trade-off with the enchanted crap and neglected it already.))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonSon View Post
    For min-int (rest str) and hybrids/duals, the SQ set works rather well. I was a min-int (rest str) build until Lv55; where upon I restat'd to mage/paladin dual. I have, throughout my leveling, being able to continually take advantage of high HP regen stats, due to my large HP pool.
    "Min-int rest str" is different from paladin or dual str/int exactly how?

If you sacrifice int to str enough to wear str gear you're obviously going for str gear, right? So the the sewer queen argument here is odd. There are only special circumstances where I could think of wearing anything but the str gear as a pally and in those circumstances (e.g. some bosses) you do want the most damage and that's all, and for everything else it's fury all the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    "Min-int rest str" is different from paladin or dual str/int exactly how?

If you sacrifice int to str enough to wear str gear you're obviously going for str gear, right? So the the sewer queen argument here is odd. There are only special circumstances where I could think of wearing anything but the str gear as a pally and in those circumstances (e.g. some bosses) you do want the most damage and that's all, and for everything else it's fury all the way.
    IE, at level 55:

Min-int (rest str) would be 173 INT and rest str, plus or minus a few here or there.

Hybrid/dual (paladin/mage) would be roughly 139 for both (int/str), plus or minus a point or two.

Fury for Paladin, for sure; but we were talking about comparing the MM and SQ sets.
    Last edited by HorizonSon; 03-26-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    IGN(s):
    Zionhorizon (Lv5x Noob)
    Stuntxdouble (Lv5x Super noob)
    Footxloose (lvxx?? Ultra combo noob)