Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cheerful & helpful suggestions for pricing

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ty Furry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Another thing-
    I'd pay 2-5P just for some accessory that made my bear look like a female...
    If any other girls have a warrior bear, there are prob some of them who would too...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Similar feelings

I like the way you think Furry. 2-5 plat for accessories is reasonable. Something like a pet should cost around 15 in my opinion. Wings or a shark hoodie, around 10. Those are reasonable prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ta11on View Post
    If a monthly fee is applied to this game, at least 85% of player population will immediately leave (Most players probably haven't paid for any content anyways). This game dose not have enough content or enjoyment to be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwendaline View Post
    Excuse me... There is enough enjoyment for a TON! of us to have already spent at least $30 dollars on this game in the first month. There is enough ENJOYMENT! That you have posted 72 times... Someone must have jeopardized your account.. You might want to change your password.
    Some people don't love PL completely, which seems weird to me, but you know, whatever haha. So just because someone has posted a lot and doesn't love PL doesn't mean their account is in jeopardy.

And I've been thinking about this for a while. Right now, with where PL is at, I agree about the content thing as far as a monthly price goes. I mean, it has a fair amount of content, but not really the same as like a desktop game. And it doesn't really need it, since it's meant to be a pick up and play game. So I've changed my mind, this pricing scheme, paying for stuff is good because then you are in more control of what you get, which is better for a mobile game imo.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    Some people don't love PL completely, which seems weird to me, but you know, whatever haha. So just because someone has posted a lot and doesn't love PL doesn't mean their account is in jeopardy.
    WTFSTFU! I'm Going to hunt you down... Mr. Pricing Idea that will Blow.... Who's mind?

Anyway.. I really want a pterodactyl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Spacetime can make tons of $ by creating animals/dinosaurs/etc...
    ESP if they are willing to have simple to advanced so people can pay more for the more specialized animals...

Like the daemons in the book Golden Compass
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I completely agree.. Oh! Or maybe a little house elf like the ones in Harry potter.. Winky!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.
    People are barely playing pvp, and now that you have made 6 3v3 maps free, it's only gotten worse. I paid for all the maps that were releaed the moment i could. Now the only reliable thing to do is play the free maps, because the majority of people haven't played and it's impossible to fill a 5v5 without getting a guild together first. I'm disapointed that STS did this to be honest. It's killing the paid maps.

I really think STS needs to start ignoring the complaints of players who don't want to pay. PVP is effectively free now, and it's worse for it. Not to mention the fact that the investment in the 3v3 paid maps that players made has no basicly been stolen from them. The only legit complaint about pricing of platinum was the cost of the stash slots. The flip floping on pricing makes the players who are happy to pay in the first place, realize it's best not to spend a dime and just wait for updates to be free or be reduced.
    And the end result is the devs realize they aren't making money off the updates, so why spend the time making them good, or even make them at all.

STS, you guys need to wait out cheap players who complain for things to be cheaper. Give it a week or two next time and they will pony up the cash.

Posted from iPhone, sorry for typos
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-28-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    the problem I have is that the population of players who play pvp is very low at all times. The players who didn't buy the maps but would be willing to get smashed by my blade can't access the game i'm in.
    Well, I think PvP is such killer add-on, the experience of pitting yourself against other ppl and teams, that if it works, it's constantly needing balancing and testing and innovating maps that are conduce ie small but tactical etc that from that pov, they should be priced: Hard work for devs, Amazing pick-up&play and "kill" other PL's notable ppl !!

But agree, they need a nice pool of ppl to be topping them up ideally hence the pricing is tricky... maybe Guilds will organise things better and other options like Capture the flag will improve things for ppl that decide to purchase PvP. Either purchasing PvP Maps and/or PvP Gear/Titles etc and adding further options could help monetise it but keep ppl interested in paying?

But just playing a few games, think PvP is only going to become more popular as it's so fun to do, as well as co-op (just wish I could work out to be better... !).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Asrael:
    I paid for all the maps that were releaed the moment i could. Now the only reliable thing to do is play the free maps, because the majority of people haven't played and it's impossible to fill a 5v5 without getting a guild together first.
    Thinking along similar lines... Definitely for 5v5 need more organization. But either growing friends list and/or guild would surely help. Think I'll prefer 5v5 when I get a few more games of it, more places to hide!

Still, when teams have gotten up to size and even it's been very addictive fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Azrael-
    I didn't mind 10P for the pvp. I bought the 3x3 the instant it came out.

You are oversimplifying everything. People were unhappy that there were too many charges appearing at once. I doubt any of us who have been giving pricing suggestions are "CHEAP PLAYERS" (low blow). I've spent at least $40 on the game so far...

Maybe you should read the entire thread before assuming everyone's cheap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gwendaline View Post
    WTFSTFU! I'm Going to hunt you down... Mr. Pricing Idea that will Blow.... Who's mind?
    Love ya too babe.

Also, I think lvl caps should be loosened on PvP, that way there would be more games. So go by like, 10s of lvls instead of 5s.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your the babe here little buddy. If you ever refer to me in a sexist manner again, we are going to have problems. Shut your mouth. If you cannot take the heat or keep up with the beat, then get off of the devils playground. One more snide comment from you and I will tell the Devs.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yet another post from Gwendaline that makes absolutely no sense.

Anyway, I think all early players are going to run into problems here and there because the devs are working so hard to make things the best they can. That means that inevitably they are going to nerf this, buff that, change some price, etc. Currently I'm very content with the pricing scheme. I think it should remain this way for a while so that Spacetime can see if it will work in the long run as a sustainable business model. I think the overall slightly lower prices will encourage spending and especially once they start doing some marketing and bringing in new players to the game, it'll work out. I guess we'll just have to give it time and see.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Folks, this is such a wonderful, marvelous, and fantastic thread to hear all of your thoughts on pricing. Please keep it civil, we really want to keep it open to hear more of your thoughts.

Thanks!

- g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think everyone should have to pay, except for me.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    I think everyone should have to pay, except for me.

Thanks.
    lmfao

*The message you have entered is too short.*
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Demarrer... do you think all aspects of PvP should be something that comes for free with the game? I agree with releasing some free PvP maps but I also think if people are playing them all the time we should be able to monetize some components of it.
    A possible way to monitize on this would be to simply let 3v3 maps be free, and 5v5 maps be a paid feature.

I would have to say that there are to many map sets, and not enough people playing pvp yet. I feel that guild rivals will increase the usage of PvP, and 5v5 would be welcome by larger guilds.
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flaimdude View Post
    Also, I think lvl caps should be loosened on PvP, that way there would be more games. So go by like, 10s of lvls instead of 5s.
    I was thinking the same, 10's divide: Partitions players into 3/4 groups. Would keep the pool of players higher per grouping?

Maybe even having new classes exclusive to PvP would also tempt people... ; )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Add item rewards that can only be gained in pvp