Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Itemization Updates & The New Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

tank rule this time.. bye pvp for rouges and mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Finnally tank is back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    It's pretty good. Obv the value is in the 3 primary. Chaos will likely be very good after para phase. Diamond ok for tank. Others pretty useless. We will see. Can always sell them or socket the arcane weapons. We will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    20+m of nobles for a 7-10m eye/para... the rich get richer... I hope client brings jewel elixers full time so the market blows out.
    This amounts to sanctioning illicit para dealing... "We are so sorry you can't sell your para for 100m... here's double current market value for it"... I call Balderdash.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Fine that u change stats of an 2 seasons old arcring that costs about 1.2 m now and the last full glintsone mystic set wich is much more expensive stays scrap at all?? This blinkyblink looks nice but its stats are ugly for pvp and pve.............
    Thx for ignore this. I payed much for this and feel scammed from sts....

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Thanks for all the info. Also, new client looks very nice so far. Good job!

That being said, I strongly suggest you reconsider some of the changes you made or are going to make.

The rogue armor nerf is ridiculous. I won't repeat what other already said. Just please think some more about this.

Also, some of the gems give absurd amounts of jewels after transformation. Eyes specifically should transform into much less. Reinforced gems should give more. Primary gems should also give more.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lose 300+ amour as a Rogue, seems a bit excessive

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tetter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

I quit. Not only did I just buy 6 eye gems. Not too much you know, only 42m for them. You double the jewel drop across arlor? So what could be a similar value trade off in practical gold just got cut in half? So I lose 21m on my purchase? Sorry guys. You did this with nekro. Bought for 58. Fine with depreciation. Available for crate tokens. Worthless. I've always been happy to pay a premium for initial advantage. This is going too far. Remiem, y'all messed up this time. And will prob lose one of your best paying customers. Nobody respond to my useless Mage gear thread. It's ok. But this feels like stealing. And when you talking about class balance pls mention mages. Rogues still have more armor than Mage. What do Mage have better than rogue and tank besides mana and ability to give mana. Pls sts, tell me more about class balance. Maybe I should just donate my gold and items back to you. Mages good in clash. It's a made up bastardized version of ctf. Not even real as far as you devs are concerns. Whatever. Tired of getting screwed over.

-Papa

You will get 8 different noble jewels with 1 eye. I dont see u losing anything. You get more gold O_o...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

I was not aware that it was 8 nobles per eye. I'll need to rethink now. I think I'm happy with 48 nobles for my eyes. Can we choose them or is it simply one of each. At work now. I'll check in later. Sorry for the misplaced rant. Thank you for the pm Rem!

Noob xD. And also remiem blieved your loss haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i bought like 500 massive rengol thinking they could inclease price in expansion, now are 35k in auction.
    im die

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The rogue armor nerf is really an insane nerf. I think that STG is overdoing it. As I said before, it was about a 700 margin from each class. Sorcerer->Rogue = 700 & Rogue->Warrior = 700

Now, there is a less than 300 gap between sorcerers and rogues. However, STG is forgetting that sorcerers have shield while rogues do not. The balance was okay before, so please revert it back to what it was...it's simply not worth playing a rogue currently.
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-17-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,908 Posts

Conversions for Reinforced gems now include (1) Standard Diamond Jewel
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Conversions for Reinforced gems now include (1) Standard Diamond Jewel
    Hi Remi, could you post more about the new Massive Cyrostar lockeds so I know if it's worth buying the lvl 46 booster pack?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Useless masteries, nerf armor and crit? Time to quit rogue i guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default I can't get on arcane legends please help!

[QUOTE=Remiem;2417232]Greetings Legends! Your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with some more updates on itemization and balance in the coming expansion. In a continued effort to balance the game and create the most fun game experiences for our players, we've made some changes that will allow the game to continue to expand and grow in a healthy and predictable way.

Gem Conversion

As a part of the new expansion, we will be continuing the gradual phasing out of gems in order to make ample room for growth of the jewel system. Gems will no longer be socketable in gear above item-level 46 as it is released. We understand many of you still have some unsocketed gems in your inventory. No worries! Starting with the new expansion, a new crafting station option will become available to all players: Gem Conversion. You'll be able to break down any of your remaining gems into jewels that you can use on your new end-game gear. The conversions will be as follows:
    Gem to Convert: Converts To:
    Blood Gem (1) Cracked Fury Jewel
    Bound Blood Gem (1) Cracked Fury Jewel
    Reinforced Blood Gem (1) Standard Fury Jewel
    (1) Standard Diamond Jewel
    Fire Gem (1) Cracked Finesse Jewel
    Bound Fire Gem (1) Cracked Finesse Jewel
    Reinforced Fire Gem (1) Standard Finesse Jewel
    Glacial Gem (1) Cracked Mind Jewel
    Bound Glacial Gem (1) Cracked Mind Jewel
    Reinforced Glacial Gem (1) Standard Mind Jewel
    Tarlok's Rage Gem (1) Standard Fury Jewel
    (1) Weak Finesse Jewel
    Tarlok's Wind Gem (1) Standard Finesse Jewels
    (1) Weak Mind Jewels
    Tarlok's Wisdom Gem (1) Standard Mind Jewel
    (1) Weak Fury Jewel
    Elondrian Life Gem (1) Fortified Nature Jewel
    Necropolis Gem (1) Fortified Water Jewel
    Enchanted Eye of Syrillax (1) Noble Fury Jewel
    (1) Noble Mind Jewel
    (1) Noble Finesse Jewel
    (1) Noble Lightning Jewel
    (1) Noble Diamond Jewel
    (1) Noble Chaos Jewel
    (1) Noble Nature Jewel
    (1) Noble Water Jewel
    Paracelsus Gem (1) Noble Fury Jewel
    (1) Noble Mind Jewel
    (1) Noble Finesse Jewel
    (1) Noble Diamond Jewel
    (1) Noble Chaos Jewel
    (1) Noble Nature Jewel
    (1) Noble Water Jewe

Blood Gem:
    For twinks and players still making their way to end-game, all gems will still be socketable in gear at i-level 46 and below.

Jewels

In the today's update we've made it even easier to collect the jewels you're interested in for your character's build, and have a new addition to jewel offerings coming with the expansion:

+ Client update (3/16): Jewel drop rate has been doubled across the board.

+ With expansion: A new item, Jewel Sacks, will become available with the launch of the new expansion. Jewel sacks will drop 3 jewels each with a chance to drop weak, damaged and standard jewels (no cracked!)

New Crates Coming

At the start of Ren'gol we released Locked Ren'gol Crates, with the announcement that we were moving toward seasonal locked crates going forward. Well, it's that time! When the new expansion drops Locked Ren'gol Crates will no longer be available as drops, and they will be replaced with Cryostar Crates, the official locked crate of the new expansion. Here's some more about how seasonal crates will work:

+ New crate released with each expansion. These crates will replace the old ones as world drops.

+ New crates will contain some similar items, and some specific to the expansion in which it was released, including pets and gear.

+ Items exclusive to the previous season's crates will be available for crate tokens in the previous town hub. (Ex: Ren'gol crate exclusives will be available for tokens in Garetta)

Keep an eye out for more information on the items to be contained in Cryostar crates, and the last-chance items in Ren'gol Crates in future announcements.

Class Balance

With each update and expansion, we work to take your feedback into consideration as we make tweaks to balance to fine tune the class dynamic in Arcane Legends. A few changes happen this update that you'll want to take into consideration when creating your new Skill Mastery Builds.

+ Passive crit percentage reduced: The % crit boost for each point put into the passive Critical skill has been reduced to 0.65% per point, down from 1% per point.

+ Rogue Armor Reduced: Over time, rogues have become much tankier than originally intended. In this update, Rogue armor attributes have been reduced across the board to bring them in line with the class balance design in-game. Rogues will no longer be tankier than Warriors, but will still have more armor that Sorcerers. For Rogue players who value those armor attributes, you'll want to consider putting your Skill Mastery points into Razor Shield which will give you up to 10% damage reduction.

Item Changes

+ Weapon Type Balance: Currently, there is a clear weapon preference for each class, due to certain advantages like damage dealt and attack speed. As new gear comes out, starting with the new expansion, we'll be better balancing each weapon type to be similar in power to its class alternative. Each weapon type will still have unique attributes, but with better balance to stats across the board.

+ Arcane Ring: In the new expansion, the Arcane ring Rendtail's Dragonstone will start to offer diminishing returns past level 46. As an item that has been one of the most powerful in the game for 2 full expansions, this slow decrease in power will still allow it to be viable at later levels, while eventually making way for new gear. With each level above level 46, the ring's Primary Stat bonus will decrease by 2.

Example: Level 46: +30 Primary, Level 47: +28 Primary, Level 48: +26 Primary, etc.[/QUOTE

Please help me it won't let me connect my Internet is fine but it brings up a weird message I took screen shot of it I don't know how to attach it to this but if u instruct me how to send screen shot I'll send u it , pls help me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Some great changes, some really not. All in all I think I really found the best time to quit

Anyway the arcane ring/planar pendant massive nerfs decisions make me think that there is a lot of mediocre, lvl 46 myth se style gear, coming our way. I hope for the best of the game this wouldn't be true
    Last edited by Jazzi; 03-17-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Saw a lvl 41 warrior last night with over 3k defense...I don't think rogues are truly catching up to warrior defense. I think we're seeing defense oriented rogues catching up to offense oriented warriors. A tanky tank should still be well above a rogue. The issue becomes mobs not hitting hard enough to require a tanky warrior.

I'm giggling about the arcane ring. At first it is claimed to not be overpowered...but here we are having to weaken it to make room for other rings to be options. lol
    That 170 defense on it is still a big thing for mages to let go of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Greetings Legends! Your friendly neighborhood Remiem here with some more updates on itemization and balance in the coming expansion. In a continued effort to balance the game and create the most fun game experiences for our players, we've made some changes that will allow the game to continue to expand and grow in a healthy and predictable way.

Gem Conversion

As a part of the new expansion, we will be continuing the gradual phasing out of gems in order to make ample room for growth of the jewel system. Gems will no longer be socketable in gear above item-level 46 as it is released. We understand many of you still have some unsocketed gems in your inventory. No worries! Starting with the new expansion, a new crafting station option will become available to all players: Gem Conversion. You'll be able to break down any of your remaining gems into jewels that you can use on your new end-game gear. The conversions will be as follows:
    Gem to Convert: Converts To:
    Blood Gem (1) Cracked Fury Jewel
    Bound Blood Gem (1) Cracked Fury Jewel
    Reinforced Blood Gem (1) Standard Fury Jewel
    Fire Gem (1) Cracked Finesse Jewel
    Bound Fire Gem (1) Cracked Finesse Jewel
    Reinforced Fire Gem (1) Standard Finesse Jewel
    Glacial Gem (1) Cracked Mind Jewel
    Bound Glacial Gem (1) Cracked Mind Jewel
    Reinforced Glacial Gem (1) Standard Mind Jewel
    Tarlok's Rage Gem (1) Standard Fury Jewel
    (1) Weak Finesse Jewel
    Tarlok's Wind Gem (1) Standard Finesse Jewels
    (1) Weak Mind Jewels
    Tarlok's Wisdom Gem (1) Standard Mind Jewel
    (1) Weak Fury Jewel
    Elondrian Life Gem (1) Fortified Nature Jewel
    Necropolis Gem (1) Fortified Water Jewel
    Enchanted Eye of Syrillax (1) Noble Fury Jewel
    (1) Noble Mind Jewel
    (1) Noble Finesse Jewel
    (1) Noble Diamond Jewel
    (1) Noble Chaos Jewel
    (1) Noble Nature Jewel
    (1) Noble Water Jewel
    Paracelsus Gem (1) Noble Fury Jewel
    (1) Noble Mind Jewel
    (1) Noble Finesse Jewel
    (1) Noble Diamond Jewel
    (1) Noble Chaos Jewel
    (1) Noble Nature Jewel
    (1) Noble Water Jewe

Blood Gem:
    For twinks and players still making their way to end-game, all gems will still be socketable in gear at i-level 46 and below.

Jewels

In the today's update we've made it even easier to collect the jewels you're interested in for your character's build, and have a new addition to jewel offerings coming with the expansion:

+ Client update (3/16): Jewel drop rate has been doubled across the board.

+ With expansion: A new item, Jewel Sacks, will become available with the launch of the new expansion. Jewel sacks will drop 3 jewels each with a chance to drop weak, damaged and standard jewels (no cracked!)

New Crates Coming

At the start of Ren'gol we released Locked Ren'gol Crates, with the announcement that we were moving toward seasonal locked crates going forward. Well, it's that time! When the new expansion drops Locked Ren'gol Crates will no longer be available as drops, and they will be replaced with Cryostar Crates, the official locked crate of the new expansion. Here's some more about how seasonal crates will work:

+ New crate released with each expansion. These crates will replace the old ones as world drops.

+ New crates will contain some similar items, and some specific to the expansion in which it was released, including pets and gear.

+ Items exclusive to the previous season's crates will be available for crate tokens in the previous town hub. (Ex: Ren'gol crate exclusives will be available for tokens in Garetta)

Keep an eye out for more information on the items to be contained in Cryostar crates, and the last-chance items in Ren'gol Crates in future announcements.

Class Balance

With each update and expansion, we work to take your feedback into consideration as we make tweaks to balance to fine tune the class dynamic in Arcane Legends. A few changes happen this update that you'll want to take into consideration when creating your new Skill Mastery Builds.

+ Passive crit percentage reduced: The % crit boost for each point put into the passive Critical skill has been reduced to 0.65% per point, down from 1% per point.

+ Rogue Armor Reduced: Over time, rogues have become much tankier than originally intended. In this update, Rogue armor attributes have been reduced across the board to bring them in line with the class balance design in-game. Rogues will no longer be tankier than Warriors, but will still have more armor that Sorcerers. For Rogue players who value those armor attributes, you'll want to consider putting your Skill Mastery points into Razor Shield which will give you up to 10% damage reduction.

Item Changes

+ Weapon Type Balance: Currently, there is a clear weapon preference for each class, due to certain advantages like damage dealt and attack speed. As new gear comes out, starting with the new expansion, we'll be better balancing each weapon type to be similar in power to its class alternative. Each weapon type will still have unique attributes, but with better balance to stats across the board.

+ Arcane Ring: In the new expansion, the Arcane ring Rendtail's Dragonstone will start to offer diminishing returns past level 46. As an item that has been one of the most powerful in the game for 2 full expansions, this slow decrease in power will still allow it to be viable at later levels, while eventually making way for new gear. With each level above level 46, the ring's Primary Stat bonus will decrease by 2.

Example: Level 46: +30 Primary, Level 47: +28 Primary, Level 48: +26 Primary, etc.
    So para eye still on item if not convers or gone ???
    IGN : PHENOMENALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crudmudgeon View Post
    Planar pend and glintstone set are not tradable... where would they go? Liquidated?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    No they were deleted in the stash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burwaka View Post
    Totally can understand Papa in every single point

Why that decrease on power on the arc ring???
    Never before any arcane item had those changes like Kershal for example.
    Even that item was good over many expansions.

You should better release more powerful stuff as you did before instead of nerf the old stuff which is automatically weaker when new stuff comes.

Just disappointed about 90% of those client changes.
    I made this diagram to illustrate what's been going on.

Gear progression has been wonky lately because of the mistakenly overpowering items from the Tindirin expansion (Ren'Gol was supposed to dumb down the curve that escalated with the tindirin cap). But rather than waiting for the curve to stabilize to the ideal standard, STS is softly descaling the items while releasing better items gradually, up to the point where rich players are on the same progression curve as the semi-rich players and so forth.

On the Ideal graph, it shows what is ideal to the overall growth of the game, as item power grows exponentially, yet algorithmically in relation to the existing curve. On the AL graph, the red line represents AL's gear progression, while the green line represents what should be ideal. Semi rich gear follows the green line, while the rich gear follows the red line.

During Tindirin cap, several OP items were released, including Rendtail's Dragonstone ring, ancient planar pendant, certain imbued armor varieties, as well as eye and para gems. Their release caused the curve to increase drastically and ubruptly and caused too much imbalance in the game. The gap between top players and the next-up was astronomical.

So the steps to help stabilize the curve were to dumb down existing items to a reasonable and fair extent. The arcane ring is still OP at lvls 41-46, which is perfectly fair, and the game will benefit from the choice to softly descale them as players progress through the game.
    Last edited by Zylx; 03-17-2016 at 03:18 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hated craft inventory and now i see "!"Everywhere... its annoying... plus wtf will happen whit paracelsus and eyes!?