Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Loot Set Items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default How to Loot Set Items

So everyone thinks that this new set is very elusive and no one on the face of the planet even looted a single piece yet. The set is in fact in the Underhul dungeons, it is obviously 100% confirmed. Now I personally don't have a 2/2 set yet, but this thread is for people that don't know how to increase their chances of getting the set. So here is what you will need:

1.Luck Elixir/Combo Elixir
    2.Leprechaun Pendant/Jack Hellows pendant
    3.Arlorian Egg-Shell Band
    4.Maybe a lucky charm like a potato or something if you are superstitious
    5.Lots of free time
    6.Breaks

Ok so this will obviously take probably an all-day marathon of farming just to even loot a single piece of the set.

Now it is pretty obvious on why we need the luck elixir/combo elixir,luck pendant,and egg band. We need to re-roll

to increase the 0.001% chance of looting the elusive gear.Now in order to obtain the set item off a re-roll,you need

to be patient and don't forget to take care of any IRL business because that is first priority. Also don't forget to take

breaks from long periods of farming because you wouldn't be able to farm at all if you suffered from exhaustion.

(Not-So-Fun Fact:An MMO player actually DIED of exhaustion after farming for 72-hours nonstop so

please take care of yourself and take breaks.) Now here is how the re-roll for a set item works: We know that re-

rolling bumps up the rarity of loot by 1 tier (re-rolling on common gives a rare or re-rolling on a rare gives an epic

and so on) so we need to re-roll on a legendary. The odds that I would guess is the odds of looting a legendary is

probably a 2.5% chance on bosses and maybe a 0.25% chance on mobs. Now set items only drop on bosses so we

are only going to focus on the hypothesized 2.5%. So doing some basic math [50% (from egg-band,luck

pendant,and luck elixir combination) x 2.5% will be a 1.25% chance to loot a set item (1.375% chance if using a

combo)] those are some pretty slim chances,especially on bosses, which take like 10 minutes to reach. Since we

usually use luck elixirs, we will focus on the 1.25% chance and calculate how many set items we can possibly loot.

Since I mentioned 10 minutes per run, we will use that as reference for this. I already did the calculations and if

someone were to farm nonstop for 1 day straight (I do not recommend), it would be a 144 runs. After some

complicated math, I came to the conclusion that it will take approximately 55.56% to loot a single set item after 24

hours or 144 runs. Now that is a whole lot of farming to do. After doing some more calculations[100-

55.56=44.44,then 144*144.44%], it will take at most 208 killed bosses to loot a set item piece. That would take

about 34.7 hours at most to loot a set item piece. Anyways I hope this gave you a good idea of what you are up

against when you are farming for a set piece. Also if my calculations are wrong, feel free to notify me and correct

me.

Anyways,the overall summary of this post is to get your luck elixir as high as you can,farm a bunch, and take care of yourself and anything IRL.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 04-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

As I read the calculations... *Headache*
    IGN: WORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Lol and I was farming day and night without elixirs, I thought the drop chance could be like drop of Recipe: Ancient Planar Pendant without luck elixirs and re-rolls.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    ya the problem is .... re-rolling from a legendary DOES NOT grant you a higher rarity ....

here's vroom's explanation:

Attachment 150530
    So basically it's half the chance of what I anticipated?

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

How was that a fun fact?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

All i know is its really really rare. I havent even seen a reroll off a boss yesterday.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I like how cara said about vroom in last chatbox wkkwkw
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

ya the problem is .... re-rolling from a legendary DOES NOT grant you a higher rarity ....

Attachment 150530
    Can someone pls explain this. I didn't understand what Vroom explained here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Can someone pls explain this. I didn't understand what Vroom explained here.
    What i understood, reroll=better chance at set, if u were supposed to get legendary without reroll then reroll should make it "set". Correct me if wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeazimeh View Post
    What i understood, reroll=better chance at set, if u were supposed to get legendary without reroll then reroll should make it "set". Correct me if wrong
    That is how normal reroll works but I think vroom was saying something different here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeazimeh View Post
    That's how luck elixirs have always worked in the past, but apparently the mechanics were changed (without notifying us players, by the way). Instead of being guaranteed an item of higher quality, you now essentially get a second drop and are given the better of the two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

loot rate hypnotize people to play for hours with barely % chance to loot ... hey ya is a chance says so much
    Last edited by will0; 04-24-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Meh i farmed with lepre vip combo and luck elisir but still no drop..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Best way to farm it is with all you luck things and pray lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Attachment 150530
    Read the whole chat... Rerolling a legendary or higher will be rerolling the whole drop table. So basically, you give yourself another chance at looting a set item. You don't reroll for a better loot, you just reroll and get the best of both drops

@OP there are other ways of calculating the probability to loot an item. I suggest that you use Poisson's method

P=(e^-mean * mean^k) / k!

The mean here is the probability to loot the set item and k is the number of times you want to loot it.

Using no rerolls and considering the fact that the drop rate is close to 0,1%.... The probability to loot one is 0,0905%

Using leprechaun is another level of calculation. I will get into it in a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Read the whole chat... Rerolling a legendary or higher will be rerolling the whole drop table. So basically, you give yourself another chance at looting a set item. You don't reroll for a better loot, you just reroll and get the best of both drops

@OP there are other ways of calculating the probability to loot an item. I suggest that you use Poisson's method

P=(e^-mean * mean^k) / k!

The mean here is the probability to loot the set item and k is the number of times you want to loot it.

Using no rerolls and considering the fact that the drop rate is close to 0,1%.... The probability to loot one is 0,0905%

Using leprechaun is another level of calculation. I will get into it in a while.
    Ur math score in school? :O i even dont understand you mean at all >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

For everyone confused about what Vroom said, here's another explanation from Cara.

Basically, if you loot a legendary or higher and re-roll, it gives you 2 seperate loots (as if you ran the map twice) then chooses the better of the two.

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 3.49.43 PM.png
Views: 899
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 3.50.10 PM.png
Views: 894
Size:  19.0 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 3.50.19 PM.png
Views: 898
Size:  14.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 3.50.39 PM.png
Views: 904
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 3.50.59 PM.png
Views: 904
Size:  20.1 KB
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    God this is horrible. You only get a chance to reroll the set item if you reroll on legendary drop. And its not guarantied, it just unlocks the full loot table that you can have a chance to loot set item. Normally luck reroll doesnt roll on entire table just up to legendary.
    If by any chance you loot legendary without rerolling(like without luck, orginal loot) you can have a chance for set item reroll.
    Actually, no.

You get a chance of set when you kill the boss. But I when you get a re-roll from a legendary, instead of the normal rank-up re-roll (legendary-->mythic or set), you just have a second try (re-roll the entire loot table, instead of a loot table of legendary or higher, aka rank-up)

Side rant: idk what's wrong with the mobile version of the site, tried to edit my previous post for clarification but it ended up deleting it no matter wherein the page I click (it always trigger the delete button)...
    Last edited by eugene9707; 04-24-2016 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

God this is horrible. You only get a chance to reroll the set item if you reroll on legendary drop. And its not guarantied, it just unlocks the full loot table that you can have a chance to loot set item. Normally luck reroll doesnt roll on entire table just up to legendary.
    If by any chance you loot legendary without rerolling(like without luck, orginal loot) you can have a chance for set item reroll.
    You can get set items without luck.
    Ign - Coolguymage

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

well Vroom said on previous chat that in order to protect the rarity some changes... etc.. and, you have to loot legendary to be able to reroll* on set. thats where i made the assumption

Yes i saw it from vroom's replies but 1 in 10k, maybe more, most likely is the rate. if it was like 1 in 1000 or sth like that we would have seen couple items on auc. already
    Ya... The change is just changing how loot used to be a rarity up when you have a reroll.

So after the change, rerolling from a legendary does not guarantee a rarity up (legendary to mythic or set)