Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Design Blog] Increasing the Potential of Sorcerers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by upaokafi View Post
    Hi

So, imo, if we prefer teams for game play this is how to unscramle the egg:

Mages are magical - things like stuns, rooting, dot, healing of team members, adding crit to team members, placing curses on mobs or bosses etc are where sts should focus. I dont think it is a good idea for pets to have Mage skills, pets should enhance the skills of the owner, whichever class the owner is.

Rogues are assasins - they should be poor at fighting mobs, they should be excellent killers of bosses. The oportunity for killing is presented by the magic woven by mages and the distraction caused by wars. An alone assasin caught by a mob should be a very bad situation for the rogue. Quick killing skills, sniper skills, camaflage etc are the focus areas.

Wars are tanks - they are there to keep the mobs busy or to hinder the boss and his evil helpers from moving around. Presently wars are so OP that they are mob and boss killers. There was a situation some while ago when wars were useful. They could park mobs, they could allow mages and rogues to run, they could pull multiple mobs and deliver these to mages to pound and rogues to pick off the straglers. A good war would setup the map for his team and sts should focus on this.

I think ppl are going to moan about their own skills when they are effectively competing with the other classes. To lever teamwork is a great way of avoiding this and ofc it is at the heart of the great social interaction the game provides. Getting the classes to work together is the ultimate leadership challenge, and maybe the great life lesson of this game.
    I totally agree with this. all that we hope for is a gameplay where each class play their role. Balancing pvp is a different thing but seriously rogues with arcane blade are better mage than actual mages. Be it freeze, stuns, root the other class have a slice of sorcerers either through pets or weapons. so i would really love to see mages stun and freeze more effectively on pve.
    "steel wins battle, gold wins war"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

blue smurf happy ...
    smurf"..this is so smurf..
    smurf like it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

While I appreciate the changes on fireball masteries and initial damage of time shift, I am more concerned about the ineffectiveness of time shift snare and root in elite underhul maps. I've always loved my time shift in elites and it's the first time in a release of new elite maps that I removed it from my skill hub. It does root and slow down bugs and worms but not orcs. And it's the orcs that does one hit KO's. I don't even need those orcs rooted, as I know they are somehow enraged, even just allowing them to be slowed down would be much appreciated.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lissil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Time shift mastery is better if root/slow enemies works, otherwise mobs just run out of dot. Root/slow should atleast work if enraged orcs cant be perma frozen.
    Fireball max targets increased is good but dot is very less(for elite).
    Ignition proc of new rogue daggers has better dot than pure ball of fire from a mage?
    Fireball mastery could have had better effect as wildfire from flameforged staff. Anyways i feel fireball mastery is not good enough if one doesn't have extended aoe radius of fb
    For sorcs to be in top timed runs we should be able to kill mobs faster, like kriticality (aka papalix) said.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeazimeh For This Useful Post: