Thread: Buff Warriors!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Buff Warriors!!!

So as others have stated, the warrior class has been slowly dying off and the content for which a "tank" is needed isn't much. Speaking only from a PVE standpoint. In pvp twink Warriors suffer at low levels but end game pvp is full of every class so it isn't much of an imbalance.

The damage output is much lower, which I understand for a warrior class but one of these issues needs to be addressed.

If STS wants to keep warriors around they need to 1. actually read the feedback from the players 2. buff certain stats of the warrior or 3. have further content requiring tanks for easier, more successful elite runs.

I've played all 3 classes up until end game and from experience it is a lot easier to find parties or even have people stay in PUGs as a rogue or mage. Some parties will take 1 Mage and 3 rogues or even 4 rogues without even thinking about taking a tank with 70k kills and a couple deaths.

I'm currently putting my warrior on hold until I see new equipment that isn't sub par and will be continuing my Mage. but warrior is the funnest class to me and I thoroughly enjoy grabbing aggro and not dying in 5 seconds without pot spamming.

i don't wanna sound like I'm whining even though I am. but I just want to see more warrior action in elite content. many veteran warriors have given up all together and the game is turning into rogues with high crit chance and the exact same skill lineup. on top of this, rogue has the overall best class for everything balance wise.

good HP, good armor, amazing DOT, with highest crit and dodge
    warrior has good armor and hp
    Mage has good crowd control, aoe, and dots

reason I point these out is bc if "armor if very minuscule in returns after 1500" then I make my point for the rogue class being the best bc they easily reach the 1500 mark while maintaining the best damage, dodge, and crit. seems extremely unfair as a warrior can still easily get taken down at any level in pvp by a rogue by their crits and highest damage.
    Last edited by Dopefx; 06-18-2016 at 05:01 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

in regards to the class balances:
    I still find it unfair how the Mage class is an easy 1 hit kill for bosses or a few ranged attacks from mobs away but lack the damage and crit that the rogue gains.

in my opinion, the softest class in arcane legends should at least be the hardest hitting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dopefx View Post
    The damage output is much lower, which I understand for a warrior parties will take 1 Mage and 3 rogues or even 4 rogues without even thinking about taking a tank with 70k kills and a couple deaths..
    in regards to the class balances:
    I still find it unfair how the Mage class is an easy 1 hit kill for bosses or a few ranged attacks from mobs away but lack the damage and crit that the rogue gains.
    So which party prefers to run the new hard elites with the squishy dps classes only and no tank to keep the aggro? Imho sts got the party mechanics right for elites in this season again and it is very undesirable to run in a setup without every class represented.

And don't you see a bit of a contradiction in the fact, that you're asking for a warrior buff because -according to you- noone wants to run with a tank, but at the same time asking for a mage buff, because they can't tank?

i don't wanna sound like I'm whining even though I am. but I just want to see more warrior action in elite content. many veteran warriors have given up all together and the game is turning into rogues with high crit chance and the exact same skill lineup. .
    You 're describing the last two seasons.
    I rested my mage and rogue alts this season, because tanking is the best i can do for my team now. And i know a few warriors who came back.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

just buy aegis and you deal more damage than the whole party xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with everything you said except for contradicting myself. my point in that is that the rogue class is OVERALL the best. when if they have the highest crit possibility I believe they should have the 2nd highest damage behind Mage with the possibility to do more damage. Every single RPG has glass cannons but this game gives you a tank, a glass water gun, and a damage dealing mini tank with the fastest getaway skill.

the rogue wins in any aspect of the game except for aoe. hence why I made the case for mages to be buffed or rogues damage be nerfed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

and for the pve content. how often can you find a party in elite tindirin for weekends like this? or elite planar? or elite arena? those are still end game content. just not end game 2016. they are all needed to help be successful in both AP achievements and farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Buff Warriors!!!

Since the Aegis is out, tanks make up with the proc in mobs for their lower damage. Faster then rogues. And the new Hexstaff has an amazing proc too, rogues can't compete with either of them on mobs. They rule the bosses though, as it should be.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Since the Aegis is out, tanks make up with the proc in mobs for their lower damage. Faster then rogues. And the new Hexstaff has an amazing proc too, rogues can't compete with either of them on mobs. They rule the bosses though, as it should be.
    My concern is what happens when aegis becomes outdated. Warriors were never fixed. Just got a band aid with aegis weapon. The weapon nerfing process has already begun for warriors evidenced by the new mythic weapons for warriors which were purposely significantly nerfed in terms of damage compared to other classes.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

keep aegis , change jewels xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Buff Warriors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    My concern is what happens when aegis becomes outdated. Warriors were never fixed. Just got a band aid with aegis weapon. The weapon nerfing process has already begun for warriors evidenced by the new mythic weapons for warriors which were purposely significantly nerfed in terms of damage compared to other classes.
    I fully agree with you and always commented how the pve balance is currently too dependent on the weapon. However the same could be said for mages with the hexstaff. Imho, the important thing that aegis delivers is a real taunt, the mob damage is only a very nice bonus. I don 't mind at all if all classes get a more defined skill profile. Band aid or not at the moment, current setup could be useful for sts to see what need's to be implemented in the core skills.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 06-20-2016 at 05:12 PM.