Thread: What is a Nuke Mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Red face What is a Nuke Mage?

I'm guessing it's a mage with highest atk point as possible?
    Someone please tell me Thx!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

More than just attack or damage, it'd have to have the highest skill damage.

Nuke, in games, means big time damages at once, as compared to DPS which is overtime.

Much like how spike damage works, one time really high damage.

Plasticuproject

Quote Originally Posted by Vallist View Post
    I'm guessing it's a mage with highest atk point as possible?
    Someone please tell me Thx!
    I am a nuke mage.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Is it full int cause thats strongest spell attacks
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Plasticuproject

Full int with your crit/hit/damage amped up through gear choice usually at the expense of armor. Another name for a nuke mage is a "Glass Cannon" because we dish out huge blows but get one-shotted very easily.
    Last edited by Plasticuproject; 04-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Is it full int cause thats strongest spell attacks
    To my understanding, yes, full int is mostly refered to as nuke-Mage. As you said, it has the highest skill dmg. Add a staff to that and your skill dmg will even be higher, at the expense of armor.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A mage going pure int taking points in the right abilities to get a high dps to set off a nuclear explosion!!
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

In that case i have a nuke mage then , Thx everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Timing the nightmare, lightning, ice storm and fire storm correctly the outcome is something of a nuke. Because as a glass cannon u really want to deal all at once.

Lurking into the mob, firing away and letting the enemy mob feel where the cannon name comes from as fast as possible, because once you've started dealing damage you're ever increasingly likely to exhibit the origins of the glass part of the name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thinking a nuke mage is where the mage has the highest attack in game... Am I correct??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most likely yes.
    But maybe archers have more
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

A nuke doesnr necessarily mean it has the most damage, just means it has a lot of damage at a given time. For example, a nuke Mage could be a pure int Mage, orma dex Mage. Since int Mage has high skill damage, and dex Mage has high hit and crit, they both cause a lot of damage making them nukists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think your right Mysticaldream...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticuproject View Post
    Full int with your crit/hit/damage amped up through gear choice usually at the expense of armor. Another name for a nuke mage is a "Glass Cannon" because we dish out huge blows but get one-shotted very easily.
    Well, I learned something new today: "Glass Cannon"

I like that analogy!
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    A nuke doesnr necessarily mean it has the most damage, just means it has a lot of damage at a given time. For example, a nuke Mage could be a pure int Mage, orma dex Mage. Since int Mage has high skill damage, and dex Mage has high hit and crit, they both cause a lot of damage making them nukists.
    I'm making a nuke mage and currently have most in int but also put a little in str to increase survivability (for solo farming). Does ur hit% apply to just how often ur weapon hits or does it apply to your skill hits also? If hit% and crit affects ur skills then I'm going to respec what I have in str to dex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I'm making a nuke mage and currently have most in int but also put a little in str to increase survivability (for solo farming). Does ur hit% apply to just how often ur weapon hits or does it apply to your skill hits also? If hit% and crit affects ur skills then I'm going to respec what I have in str to dex.
    By putting points into STR you are in essence NOT creating a nuke mage.. just a regular, more survivable mage. Nuke mages, like mystic said, offer the highest damage at one moment. To me, a Nuke mage is a pure INT mage with a MM staff set and a ring with high crit/damage. You armor will be horrible, but your instant damage from both staff and skills will be outstanding.

Keep in mind, Nuke Mages will become slightly obsolete once the GCD goes into effect. This is due to the fact that you wont be able to spam all spells at once and deal massive amounts of damage at once. You will still deal high damage, but not in the "nukey" sense as before the GCD.

Also, Hit% is the chance that you don't MISS the mob. It is the same for both weapon and skills; the higher the hit%, the more hits you land.

And crit definitely effects your skills. That why you see people that hit 1500's and such. When you crit, whether its with a weapon or skill, it doubles your damage for that strike.
    Last edited by noneo; 04-05-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    By putting points into STR you are in essence NOT creating a nuke mage.. just a regular, more survivable mage. Nuke mages, like mystic said, offer the highest damage at one moment. To me, a Nuke mage is a pure INT mage with a MM staff set and a ring with high crit/damage. You armor will be horrible, but your instant damage from both staff and skills will be outstanding.

Keep in mind, Nuke Mages will become slightly obsolete once the GCD goes into effect. This is due to the fact that you wont be able to spam all spells at once and deal massive amounts of damage at once. You will still deal high damage, but not in the "nukey" sense as before the GCD.

Also, Hit% is the chance that you don't MISS the mob. It is the same for both weapon and skills; the higher the hit%, the more hits you land.

And crit definitely effects your skills. That why you see people that hit 1500's and such. When you crit, whether its with a weapon or skill, it doubles your damage for that strike.
    Thanks! I didn't know that hit and crit applied to skills. I made the mage to farm swamps and I think a lot of that time will be spent soloing (I plan on shutting of xp at lvl 30) so I think I'm going to keep some in str and the rest in int until I get tired of farming and decide to level at which time I'll respec into dex (enough to get my hit % about 95, like I did on my bear) and pump the rest into int. I'm dreading the GCD. I hope the devs change their minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A nuke mage is what occurs as soon as I come across a garage-sale microwave and stick my very broken MyTouch with PL running in it... stay tuned for the video when garage-sales start running up here soon
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Thanks! I didn't know that hit and crit applied to skills. I made the mage to farm swamps and I think a lot of that time will be spent soloing (I plan on shutting of xp at lvl 30) so I think I'm going to keep some in str and the rest in int until I get tired of farming and decide to level at which time I'll respec into dex (enough to get my hit % about 95, like I did on my bear) and pump the rest into int. I'm dreading the GCD. I hope the devs change their minds.
    It seems like you are planning on soloing a lot, and if so, I would not really recommend going for a nuke mage. You would be better off as a pally/pure int w/wand & bracer. You will need more protection. Sure it takes a little bit longer, but you will definitely increase your survivability.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    It seems like you are planning on soloing a lot, and if so, I would not really recommend going for a nuke mage. You would be better off as a pally/pure int w/wand & bracer. You will need more protection. Sure it takes a little bit longer, but you will definitely increase your survivability.

That's good advice for solo. You'll also find yourself really liking the Warrior and Tanker Ale's. For only 1500 gold (each) you get 5 minutes of double damage and double armor. If you have a good mix of damage and armor, doubling both will bring you into the Nuke mage damage category, while still having a good bit of protection. Five minutes may not sound like long... but it's long enough to clear most grinding areas.

Doubling your armor doesn't necessarily mean half the damage. If you've got 100 armor now and are taking hit doing 250 damage (being reduced to 150), doubling your armor to 200 brings that damage down to just 50 -- a 66% decrease per landed hit.

Likewise, doubling your damage has a similar effect. If you're doing 150 damage to something with 100 armor, and thus landing 50 points per hit, doubling that to 300 will see 200 points done per hit -- that's a 4x increase in actual damage that gets through.

(Given the amazing power I feel when using these elixirs, I'm pretty sure that's how it's working. If someone knows for certain otherwise, let me know.)