Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Korruption issues in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Nah I'm just stating facts if you're already crying about a pet that's free don't act skilled...simple

Buff jugg Pls so these poor tanks can stop crying
    No one is acting skilled here, if you have noting good to say then dont say it. Enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

She just doesn't gives up....smh
    Last edited by Hpnvx; 07-13-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

I hope this thread does not get shut down because two people got into an online argument about who can farm the other.

Back on point, I don't think Korruption is an issue for tanks alone. It affects all three classes though not equally.

Mages are probably the least affected since they have a large reserve of mana and it probably makes them more valuable in a clash since they are the most reliable source of mana in PvP. Most tanks who go into PvP don't spec VB and those that do, don't like to use it too much because they lose an attack skill and get less kills.

Rogues are almost equally affected by Korruption in terms of the mana drain. Smart rogues who know how to time their attacks and strike only at the proper moment can conserve their mana, but most others I see spam skills without thinking and will get their mana sucked dry by Korruption and be sitting ducks for the opposing team.

When tanks die quick from the Korruption pool, it's not just the fault of Korruption, but also the fault of the team for not killing off the other team quick enough. By moving smart and exposing the other team's dps to easy snipes, you can preserve your own tank's lives even with Korruption breaking your team down. Keeping the team alive needs to be a team effort, not just relying on one skill by one class of player.

I think Korruption poses a new challenge to the game that all players need to adapt to. Tanks who used to cope with the low mana while playing with the Glintstone set now have to think twice about putting maybe water jewels into their gear. People also need to get creative about utilizing teamwork to help each other survive.

Lastly, perhaps tanks have experienced a period of time after the Juggernaut buff and the introduction of Glintstone sets and Dragon Hunter Swords where they were amazingly OP, and even the Jugg of mediocre players couldn't be broken. Now that there's a pet that breaks this dominance and changes the balance of PvP, tanks are uncomfortable. It's imoortant to remember that the game is fluid, nothing stays the same. No class remains dominant or underpowered forever. We should adapt and embrace new challenges instead of trying to keep the game static every time a change we don't like is made.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I hope this thread does not get shut down because two people got into an online argument about who can farm the other.

Back on point, I don't think Korruption is an issue for tanks alone. It affects all three classes though not equally.

Mages are probably the least affected since they have a large reserve of mana and it probably makes them more valuable in a clash since they are the most reliable source of mana in PvP. Most tanks who go into PvP don't spec VB and those that do, don't like to use it too much because they lose an attack skill and get less kills.

Rogues are almost equally affected by Korruption in terms of the mana drain. Smart rogues who know how to time their attacks and strike only at the proper moment can conserve their mana, but most others I see spam skills without thinking and will get their mana sucked dry by Korruption and be sitting ducks for the opposing team.

When tanks die quick from the Korruption pool, it's not just the fault of Korruption, but also the fault of the team for not killing off the other team quick enough. By moving smart and exposing the other team's dps to easy snipes, you can preserve your own tank's lives even with Korruption breaking your team down. Keeping the team alive needs to be a team effort, not just relying on one skill by one class of player.

I think Korruption poses a new challenge to the game that all players need to adapt to. Tanks who used to cope with the low mana while playing with the Glintstone set now have to think twice about putting maybe water jewels into their gear. People also need to get creative about utilizing teamwork to help each other survive.

Lastly, perhaps tanks have experienced a period of time after the Juggernaut buff and the introduction of Glintstone sets and Dragon Hunter Swords where they were amazingly OP, and even the Jugg of mediocre players couldn't be broken. Now that there's a pet that breaks this dominance and changes the balance of PvP, tanks are uncomfortable. It's imoortant to remember that the game is fluid, nothing stays the same. No class remains dominant or underpowered forever. We should adapt and embrace new challenges instead of trying to keep the game static every time a change we don't like is made.
    I used to be against nerfing korruption, but I changed my mind. A single pet shouldn't make an arcane pet (sns) useless, and negate 2 of a tanks most important skills (jugg and horn). It also makes it impossible to heal ur team as heal over time is taken away. Yes mages can heal, but the 4-5k hp healed by mages heal hardly lasts any time.

Keep the mana drain. Remove the heal negation. Rendering that many pets and skills useless is too OP for a free pet everyone has.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Emm... i have the feeling that everybody forgot about stampy..

Also korruption fixed tank stacking problem , and even if you are in the middle of the pool , the time you have before the effects aplly is more than enough to get out under nekro aa , with skyward smash , shadow p. And gale . ( But why would you stand ontop of the pet ._. )
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 07-13-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

@cpt. and Plqgue

well done on derailing the thread. Cpt. you have said that your a twink, im also a twink and I have no problem fighting against korruption. You have also shared that you have no problem avoiding the pools. WE DO NOT HAVE TO FIGHT AGAINST 6 AXES IN PVP, SO S**U ABOUT AVOIDING THE POOLS.

Plqgue you have said you are concerned about korruption becoming useless in pve. The most supported solution thus far has been to make juggernaut immune to korruption, which does not affect korruption in pve at all. SO S**U, STOP DERAILING THE THREAD, AND GO BACK TO YOUR BOTTING AND MACROS WITH UR GUILD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    @cpt. and Plqgue

well done on derailing the thread. Cpt. you have said that your a twink, im also a twink and I have no problem fighting against korruption. You have also shared that you have no problem avoiding the pools. WE DO NOT HAVE TO FIGHT AGAINST 6 AXES IN PVP, SO S**U ABOUT AVOIDING THE POOLS.

Plqgue you have said you are concerned about korruption becoming useless in pve. The most supported solution thus far has been to make juggernaut immune to korruption, which does not affect korruption in pve at all. SO S**U, STOP DERAILING THE THREAD, AND GO BACK TO YOUR BOTTING AND MACROS WITH UR GUILD
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you throw a tantrum.

All jokes aside, due to the fact that sorcerers have such a large mana pool and are least affected by Korruption, this is one of the reasons why the pet needs to be nerfed or there needs to be a pet that disrupts the ability of sorcerers as badly as this pet disrupts the ability of rogues. If there is a pet like this, then there's not really a sense to argue for Korruption nerf. However, this is a pet that affects one class far more than another class and in turn, promotes stacking of classes that are least affected by it. That's why I have an issue with Korruption, that's why this needs to be thought more about.

Yes, it solved the tanks stack but it further exacerbated a problem that was already an issue (the fact that rogues are not needed in a team fight environment where the opposing side is tanks and sorcerers). We've been suffering over this issue for more than a year now and honestly, my patience on it is running out.
    Last edited by Zeus; 07-13-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you throw a tantrum.

All jokes aside, due to the fact that sorcerers have such a large mana pool and are least affected by Korruption, this is one of the reasons why the pet needs to be nerfed or there needs to be a pet that disrupts the ability of sorcerers as badly as this pet disrupts the ability of rogues. If there is a pet like this, then there's not really a sense to argue for Korruption nerf. However, this is a pet that affects one class far more than another class and in turn, promotes stacking of classes that are least affected by it. That's why I have an issue with Korruption, that's why this needs to be thought more about.

Yes, it solved the tanks stack but it further exacerbated a problem that was already an issue (the fact that rogues are not needed in a team fight environment where the opposing side is tanks and sorcerers). We've been suffering over this issue for more than a year now and honestly, my patience on it is running out.
    not really a tantrum, but when I see 50 new comments, which largely consist of people argueing about who would win in pvp instead of discussing korruption, and when people continued to use terrible logic to refute changes to the pvp environment to counteract Korruption, I responded quite bluntly to point out the deficiencies in their reasoning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

If your team or you have trouble fighting people with it way dont you just use it your self and turn it into a skill game then instead of "o noo your useing korruption his aa is to strong for me to handle o what will i do i cant stop one sec to just switch to him becuse i was to lazzy to work on leveling it like the other guy o what to do wait lets get him nerfd so it suits all my pvp wants who cares anyway about how the pve people feel?." IF U CANT BEAT IT USE IT AND TURN IT INTO A SKILL GAME AND IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY SKILL DONT BLAME THE PET. Im not sure of this but doesint stampy remove korruptions pool?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

@cpt. and Plqgue

I don't bot and never have and I'd kindly ask you not to call me a cheater when I do no such thing and tbh there's more talk about dummy farming in lvl 17 than there is about dm botting *cough* stupid child

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    If your team or you have trouble fighting people with it way dont you just use it your self and turn it into a skill game then instead of "o noo your useing korruption his aa is to strong for me to handle o what will i do i cant stop one sec to just switch to him becuse i was to lazzy to work on leveling it like the other guy o what to do wait lets get him nerfd so it suits all my pvp wants who cares anyway about how the pve people feel?." IF U CANT BEAT IT USE IT AND TURN IT INTO A SKILL GAME AND IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY SKILL DONT BLAME THE PET. Im not sure of this but doesint stampy remove korruptions pool?
    Cany you understand it wont affect pvp if they buff juggernaut to ignore korruption?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intrepd View Post
    Hello? have you even tried to fight a korruption? the heal over time does get removed and never come back after you leave korruption.
    Me and gouiwaa always test new pets out on each other even if 1 of us used it the fight could have gone eather way you just have to have a counter strat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Cany you understand it wont affect pvp if they buff juggernaut to ignore korruption?
    But would that not remove the counter for tank stacking? Al the rooms will be back to 4-5 war on one side with no good counter in my opnion sts made this pet to counter that. And how would that be fare to the other class if onlly war got a skill buff to avoid that?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    But would that not remove the counter for tank stacking? Al the rooms will be back to 4-5 war on one side with no good counter in my opnion sts made this pet to counter that. And how would that be fare to the other class if onlly war got a skill buff to avoid that?

Sorry i meant it wont affect Pve* but yeah there is stacking mages now though and I'm only asking for juggernaut not every heal, is it fair for tanks to break even with juggernaut then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Sorry i meant it wont affect Pve* but yeah there is stacking mages now though and I'm only asking for juggernaut not every heal, is it fair for tanks to break even with juggernaut then?
    I have not been in pvp for a week now so i am not sure about the stacking mages but even against them but how do you feel going against them ? Thats how the othe classis feel about stacked warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    I don't bot and never have and I'd kindly ask you not to call me a cheater when I do no such thing and tbh there's more talk about dummy farming in lvl 17 than there is about dm botting *cough* stupid child
    First im hearing about lvl 17s being dummy farmers. Maybe u could point them out. Far more dummy farming at endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

First im hearing about lvl 17s being dummy farmers. Maybe u could point them out. Far more dummy farming at endgame
    FFS has a few dummy farmers as does xpsy and pub and tact they just farm deaths too so you can't tell..you may be one of the few in that bracket that doesn't dummy if you aren't just playing dumb, not saying you do but that bracket is known for it
    Last edited by Plqgue; 07-13-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well for my point whoever does aa of pet wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Hard enough to kill tanks with Korruption lol, imo this pet is fine as is.

P.S. I don't use Korruption
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Hard enough to kill tanks with Korruption lol, imo this pet is fine as is.

P.S. I don't use Korruption
    Go try and vs a tank with one. It hilarious