Thread: Trouble with Jarl Portal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Trouble with Jarl Portal

Anyone else having trouble going through Jarls portal? It won't let me,mane I've tried many runs with guild mates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

My problems with the portal are:

1. It won't allow me to click it until I've killed all the enemies nearby. This is fine but when I happen to spawn the portal at the start of a very large pull, I sometimes cannot make it in time before the 30 second countdown is up.

2. I have to click several times on the portal before I can enter. What's worse is there is a delay between clicling on the portal before entering. I've also had moments where I click on the portal before the 30 seconds is up but because of the delay the portal closes halfway through and I'm shut out.

Not sure if you have these issues or your issue is a different one. But they did say in chatbox that they didn't want this event to be too easy. So I guess I have to live with some frustration every now and then.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Yeah when event start...i run portal in glinstone map ...and very hard to enter when mobs still there with stunned lol....now ijust farm my beloved jarl map....more easy
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post

1. It won't allow me to click it until I've killed all the enemies nearby. This is fine but when I happen to spawn the portal at the start of a very large pull, I sometimes cannot make it in time before the 30 second countdown is up.

2. I have to click several times on the portal before I can enter. What's worse is there is a delay between clicling on the portal before entering. I've also had moments where I click on the portal before the 30 seconds is up but because of the delay the portal closes halfway through and I'm shut out.

Not sure if you have these issues or your issue is a different one. But they did say in chatbox that they didn't want this event to be too easy. So I guess I have to live with some frustration every now and then.
    I agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I was doing undim and sometimes the shielded mobs interfered w the portals. Ive since figured out pulls, etc, so generally I make it in the portal. At least portals are plentiful. Besides the closing timing, just before I quit for the night, I seem to have gotten an invisible portal. I saw the 30sec msg but there was no visible portal. I suppose a mob could have wandered way far away and died...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post

OMG this that's thirty seconds is too fast I've lost like twenty portals because of giant pulls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Dont do giant pulls. Or just know that you will lose some portals.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Is it just me or does it seem like you receive the 15 seconds left message late sometimes because the portal spawned 16 seconds or more ago?

As in sometimes I join, see that message and never see a portal even though no one is so far away as to make it inaccessible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like you receive the 15 seconds left message late sometimes because the portal spawned 16 seconds or more ago?

As in sometimes I join, see that message and never see a portal even though no one is so far away as to make it inaccessible.
    One time I got a portal I think in Elite Brack or km3 and I got a portal at the beginning of my fest and I just made it around the 15 second mark but the portal dissapeared mid-teleport. I'm 70% sure I had like 5 seconds left.

I vote for a portal that automatically teleports you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm still not able to go through, even when all mobs are cleared. I've sent a message to support, but haven't heard back yet. Justg, can you try and get the word in? I'd really like to participate in the event!